Coleman was named the "clear favorite" to begin the season with the most backfield touches

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Coleman was named the "clear favorite" to begin the season with the most backfield touches

Postby spotxc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:26 pm Kyle Shanahan is kind of known for pounding the table for his RBs publicly. From the stories about him standing on the table and demanding Joe Williams to him telling us all offseason how excited he was to feed Jerrick McKinnon the rock.

So the most telling thing for me with Coleman is how collectively "meh" he seems to be about him. Shanahan hasn't said anything about Coleman being the lead back or anything like that. His only real quote on the matter was something to the effect of (paraphrasing) Coleman ended up being so cheap that they felt like they may as well take a shot, and that it wouldn't effect McKinnon's role (this was pre McKinnon knee set-back of course).

Coleman has really lucked out with McKinnon not getting healthy. I think Breida is a much better player than Coleman though of course his health concerns are well documents. I could see Coleman having some nice value/production but it seems almost entirely predicated on the guys around him missing time.
Would love to see evidence of this shanahan thinking.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Coleman was named the "clear favorite" to begin the season with the most backfield touches

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:46 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:44 am Breida is just a JAG. Woo boy.
He is more talented than Coleman and graded out as the best receiving back in the year by PFF. He was also more efficient last year than Coleman has ever been.

Breida's only obstacle is health.

That said, I expect a full blown committee.
You know Shanahan never uses full blown commitees right?

I mean, he'll use half blown commitees yeah. But he always has a preferred leader who turns out low end RB1 seasons (or in Breida's case last year, he paced for it when he was healthy).

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:21 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:46 am
He is more talented than Coleman and graded out as the best receiving back in the year by PFF. He was also more efficient last year than Coleman has ever been.

You know Shanahan never uses full blown commitees right?

I mean, he'll use half blown commitees yeah. But he always has a preferred leader who turns out low end RB1 seasons (or in Breida's case last year, he paced for it when he was healthy).
Man I got all these studs on my team but I think Breida is the #1 guy I'm most excited to see this year. I've had chances to sell him but I'm all in on him being the best RB on the 49ers this year. He's too good to just go away easily. Just praying he can stay healthy this year, but even for that I'm optimistic.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:27 pm

As a Breida owner I'm excited to see some of the support he has from respected dynasty members here.
If he can stay healthy he's got a ton of potential. Should be a good show either way.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:37 am

How? Like how does his small bleep sample size of 31 targets and 27 receptions garner enough film to even be considered for recieving grading? And how does that film and small sample size render him a grade better than CMC?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Well tonight one of them looked clearly superior..

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Breida looks hands down better than Tevin. Agree that health is his main barrier. Dude is a baller.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:26 am

Sounds like another setback for Jerick McKinnon...

https://twitter.com/knbrmurph/status/11 ... 24194?s=12

I wonder if they might not release him at this point? Unfortunately, he can't seem to get/stay healthy.

*Edit: spelling and an additional thought*

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:30 am

Really sucks for McKinnon. He'd have probably fit really well in Shanahan's scheme, but so often the body just can't hold up to the demands of the NFL. He was a really fun watch during that Keenum-led Vikings season.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:41 am

JMK is turning into Fragile-Fred.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:15 am

jdacunha wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:41 am JMK is turning into Fragile-Fred.
Except Fragile-Fred was 10X better and seemed to get hurt in season all the time.

Nice blast from the past! :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:18 pm

I only have him on one team, but man I really like Breida. I hope he bucks logic and his small frame and balls out. Big fanboy of his.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:23 pm

UATahoe wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:58 pm Breida looks hands down better than Tevin. Agree that health is his main barrier. Dude is a baller.
Yep.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:24 pm Just going to leave this here for those that are now coming around to Breida..

Some good things to know.
Do you think he will ever get the opportunity to handle enough touches to be more than a RB2?