Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16925
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 pm

saw061600 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:00 pm
The earlier Kamar references seemed eerily familiar, like just last year familiar. Then I found this
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/2/1 ... nnessee-rb and realized I had read the same last year.
LOL. I actually think Gurley is going to be more like Kamara. 190-200 carries and 80 plus receptions. He's slimming down to be even more explosive in the pass game, as they stated. He was on pace for 70 receptions last year, so it makes sense that if they want to keep him fresher, they take away carries and add a few receptions. I still expect a lot of TD's. If he can mimic Kamara's workload, I think his points will be similar.

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby brooklynkid » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 pm
saw061600 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:00 pm
The earlier Kamar references seemed eerily familiar, like just last year familiar. Then I found this
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/2/1 ... nnessee-rb and realized I had read the same last year.
LOL. I actually think Gurley is going to be more like Kamara. 190-200 carries and 80 plus receptions. He's slimming down to be even more explosive in the pass game, as they stated. He was on pace for 70 receptions last year, so it makes sense that if they want to keep him fresher, they take away carries and add a few receptions. I still expect a lot of TD's. If he can mimic Kamara's workload, I think his points will be similar.
Funny that you mention this, I was thinking that maybe the Rams should use Gurley like the Saints use Kamara. Last season Kamara averaged about 13 carries a game and 5 receptions so he had about 18 touches a game. Last season Gurley averaged 18 Carries a game and 4 Receptions, so he had 22 Touches a game. Not that big of difference. Obviously Receiving touches cause less wear and tear, lets say they use him as Kamara whose going to be the Rams Ingram? I'm not sure Gurley can replicate Kamara's receptions the Rams have a better receiving core. In all honestly the Saints only had Michael Thomas, Kamara is prolific because he's the number 2 option. Let's say Gurley is Kamara, the Rams might have to switch their offense around I don't know if you can rely on Goff as a passer, the offense was centered on Gurley toting the rock 20 times a game. In my opinion that was a big part of Goff success.
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4666
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:40 am

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:51 am
He's a good backup who can be a special teams ace when it comes to kickoff returns, kickoff and punt coverage. He's a change-of-pass back who can pound up the middle when needed.

I predicted that he would be drafted as such and the Rams did exactly that. His ceiling is flex, but there's no way he becomes a starter. If you own Gurley, he's a worth late round pick as a backup RB.
Phaded wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 pm
I had Henderson as my RB2 in the pre-draft process and I still do. The situatuon did not buoy his ranking for me.

When I saw his ADP - all I could think to myself was "steal". I even snagged him in the DLF Early Bird (which drafts pre-NFL).

He has question marks of course - but this RB class is all guys with significant question marks.

I love the explosiveness and skillset he brings to the table. I am not concerned about his size.
Phaded wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 pm
The reason that he looks "stiff" is more due to his one-cut upright style.
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:56 pm
To clarify, I think DH is going to be awesome with the Rams... for the 10-12 scripted touches they give him (max). And that's solely because of coaching. He'll have a high ceiling and low floor on a weekly basis.

I don't think he'll ever beat out Gurley for the job, and if Gurley does somehow get hurt, I don't think DH can do everything that Gurley can do. DH is best used in a RBBC approach, where he gets 33% of the touches, max.

I'll gladly put my reputation on the line for this one.
We finally, finally, FINALLY have some comments on Henderson independent of Gurley. It's a shame pre-NFL discussions about players aren't more robust here.

Before the Draft, I thought a strong offensive mind could harness his clearly-evident big play ability. I was watching what coach/offense he ended up with.

On the Rams, I think he'll break enough plays to get people excited. They'll combine his age, the offense/scheme/coach and the offseason reports to really push Henderson's value up. I think this will happen regardless of Gurley's 2019 production. I think Henderson's value will shoot up over this year.

The thing I'm less certain about would be what his value and production would look like as the lead back of a committee. Would he hit mid/low level RB1 value, before the "excessive" touches wore him down prematurely? Would there be a short sell window before people came to the so-called "realization" that he is a wingman in a committee at best? In the first arc, Devonta Freeman hit high-end RB1 value and has maintained high-end RB2 value at worst before injury last season drove it down hard. McKinnon and Breida have maintained decent value long enough to capitalize, and even Corey Clement offered a short but clear sell window.

I'm with Phaded- "I love the explosiveness and skillset he brings to the table. I am not concerned about his size." I think Henderson is a buy just based on the opportunity to flip for profit over the next year.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/T, 1 Def

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Phaded » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:10 pm

Gil Brandt predicted the following stat line for him:
95 carries, 475 rushing yards, 3 rush TDs, 42 catches.

He didn't specify the receiving yards or touchdowns, though.

Sriracha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Pullo Vision wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:40 am

We finally, finally, FINALLY have some comments on Henderson independent of Gurley. It's a shame pre-NFL discussions about players aren't more robust here.

Before the Draft, I thought a strong offensive mind could harness his clearly-evident big play ability. I was watching what coach/offense he ended up with.

On the Rams, I think he'll break enough plays to get people excited. They'll combine his age, the offense/scheme/coach and the offseason reports to really push Henderson's value up. I think this will happen regardless of Gurley's 2019 production. I think Henderson's value will shoot up over this year.

The thing I'm less certain about would be what his value and production would look like as the lead back of a committee. Would he hit mid/low level RB1 value, before the "excessive" touches wore him down prematurely? Would there be a short sell window before people came to the so-called "realization" that he is a wingman in a committee at best? In the first arc, Devonta Freeman hit high-end RB1 value and has maintained high-end RB2 value at worst before injury last season drove it down hard. McKinnon and Breida have maintained decent value long enough to capitalize, and even Corey Clement offered a short but clear sell window.

I'm with Phaded- "I love the explosiveness and skillset he brings to the table. I am not concerned about his size." I think Henderson is a buy just based on the opportunity to flip for profit over the next year.

I don't think Henderson would wear down especially fast given more of a workload. He's only 208lbs, but his stout size means his BMI is in the upper 80th percentile of all RBs. He could theoretically handle a 50/50 split with Gurley if the Rams wanted to use him that way; which would probably be his best case scenario.

As for that John Kelley is Alvin Kamara take last season... woof. Sometimes people see a similar situation (both from TEN, no production, hey if Kamara can do it, Kelley can, too!) which is just incredibly lazy analysis. They were never similar players. Any time someone brings up the school they played at I chuck that comparison out the window.... RoJo being Jamaal Charles because they shared the same number in college was equally poor analysis.

Sriracha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

IZigUZag wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:38 pm
Pullo Vision wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:40 am

We finally, finally, FINALLY have some comments on Henderson independent of Gurley. It's a shame pre-NFL discussions about players aren't more robust here.

Before the Draft, I thought a strong offensive mind could harness his clearly-evident big play ability. I was watching what coach/offense he ended up with.

On the Rams, I think he'll break enough plays to get people excited. They'll combine his age, the offense/scheme/coach and the offseason reports to really push Henderson's value up. I think this will happen regardless of Gurley's 2019 production. I think Henderson's value will shoot up over this year.

The thing I'm less certain about would be what his value and production would look like as the lead back of a committee. Would he hit mid/low level RB1 value, before the "excessive" touches wore him down prematurely? Would there be a short sell window before people came to the so-called "realization" that he is a wingman in a committee at best? In the first arc, Devonta Freeman hit high-end RB1 value and has maintained high-end RB2 value at worst before injury last season drove it down hard. McKinnon and Breida have maintained decent value long enough to capitalize, and even Corey Clement offered a short but clear sell window.

I'm with Phaded- "I love the explosiveness and skillset he brings to the table. I am not concerned about his size." I think Henderson is a buy just based on the opportunity to flip for profit over the next year.

I don't think Henderson would wear down especially fast given more of a workload. He's only 208lbs, but his stout size means his BMI is in the upper 80th percentile of all RBs. He could theoretically handle a 50/50 split with Gurley if the Rams wanted to use him that way; which would probably be his best case scenario.

As for that John Kelley is Alvin Kamara take last season... woof. Sometimes people see a similar situation (both from TEN, no production, hey if Kamara can do it, Kelley can, too!) which is just incredibly lazy analysis. They were never similar players. Henderson is a closer comp to Kamara, but still a very different player. Any time someone brings up the school they played at I chuck that comparison out the window.... RoJo being Jamaal Charles because they shared the same number in college was equally poor analysis.

jman3134
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1148
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby jman3134 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Phaded wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:10 pm
Gil Brandt predicted the following stat line for him:
95 carries, 475 rushing yards, 3 rush TDs, 42 catches.

He didn't specify the receiving yards or touchdowns, though.
That's really good first round value in this underwhelming draft.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Baker Mayfield, Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford
Rb: Saquon Barkley, Austin Ekeler, Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Matt Breida, Cam Akers, Chase Edmonds
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Laviska Shenault, Julian Edelman, Diontae Johnson, John Brown, Steven Sims, Keelan Cole, Chris Conley, Darnell Mooney, Jalen Guyton, Travis Fulgham
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, OJ Howard, Logan Thomas, Tyler Eifert, Dan Arnold, Cameron Brate, Donald Parham
K: Chris Boswell
D: Baltimore Ravens
2021 picks:

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 pm

The LA Rams had 495 rushes during the 2018 NFL regular season. Of those, Todd Gurley accounted for 256 rushes over 14 games. That's an 18.29 carry per game average, which would have netted a total of 295 runs had he managed to finish the season. FYI, Gurley had 279 and 278 in 2017 and 2016, respectively.

Let's assume the Rams will again rush for 495. And let's assume that Gurley get 4 fewer carries a game, so about 14 runs per game, which would equate to 224 runs over 16 games.

That means a total of 271 runs are up for grabs. Does anyone here think that the LA Rams' 2019 NFL Draft 3rd Round Pick will only get 95 of those carries?

Child, please.

And the above assumes that Gurley can play all 16 games and consistently get 14 runs per game, when he couldn't handle 18.29 last season.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5338
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 pm
The LA Rams had 495 rushes during the 2018 NFL regular season. Of those, Todd Gurley accounted for 256 rushes over 14 games. That's an 18.29 carry per game average, which would have netted a total of 295 runs had he managed to finish the season. FYI, Gurley had 279 and 278 in 2017 and 2016, respectively.

Let's assume the Rams will again rush for 495. And let's assume that Gurley get 4 fewer carries a game, so about 14 runs per game, which would equate to 224 runs over 16 games.

That means a total of 271 runs are up for grabs. Does anyone here think that the LA Rams' 2019 NFL Draft 3rd Round Pick will only get 95 of those carries?

Child, please.

And the above assumes that Gurley can play all 16 games and consistently get 14 runs per game, when he couldn't handle 18.29 last season.
They actually had 459 runs. 50 of those were QB scrambles. 40 were WR/TE runs. Even if we take your 224 number and assume no reduction in overall carries, we’re left with 145 runs for other RBs. We’ve got to assume that some of those are going to Kelly and/or Brown, so I think 95 carries actually isn’t unreasonable.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 pm
The LA Rams had 495 rushes during the 2018 NFL regular season. Of those, Todd Gurley accounted for 256 rushes over 14 games. That's an 18.29 carry per game average, which would have netted a total of 295 runs had he managed to finish the season. FYI, Gurley had 279 and 278 in 2017 and 2016, respectively.

Let's assume the Rams will again rush for 495. And let's assume that Gurley get 4 fewer carries a game, so about 14 runs per game, which would equate to 224 runs over 16 games.

That means a total of 271 runs are up for grabs. Does anyone here think that the LA Rams' 2019 NFL Draft 3rd Round Pick will only get 95 of those carries?

Child, please.

And the above assumes that Gurley can play all 16 games and consistently get 14 runs per game, when he couldn't handle 18.29 last season.
They actually had 459 runs. 50 of those were QB scrambles. 40 were WR/TE runs. Even if we take your 224 number and assume no reduction in overall carries, we’re left with 145 runs for other RBs. We’ve got to assume that some of those are going to Kelly and/or Brown, so I think 95 carries actually isn’t unreasonable.
Jesus, my bad. I just quickly googled this, and then posted without double-checking the nubmers, let alone realizing it includes scrambles and WR/TE runs as well.

Sorry guys.

User avatar
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3512
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 pm
saw061600 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:00 pm
The earlier Kamar references seemed eerily familiar, like just last year familiar. Then I found this
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/2/1 ... nnessee-rb and realized I had read the same last year.
LOL. I actually think Gurley is going to be more like Kamara. 190-200 carries and 80 plus receptions. He's slimming down to be even more explosive in the pass game, as they stated. He was on pace for 70 receptions last year, so it makes sense that if they want to keep him fresher, they take away carries and add a few receptions. I still expect a lot of TD's. If he can mimic Kamara's workload, I think his points will be similar.
This is one of the most interesting fantasy takes I've heard in awhile. Gurley slimming down and becoming a more of a speed pass catcher type.

Absolutely love it!
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Winston(TB)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)CDavis(TEN)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI HOU
[rookie] NHarry(NE)Haskins(WAS)
DSwift(DET)Ruggs(NV)Jefferson(MIN)

2 1sts - 2021's
Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players dont take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16925
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:25 am

MrUbuto wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:32 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 pm
saw061600 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:00 pm
The earlier Kamar references seemed eerily familiar, like just last year familiar. Then I found this
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/2/1 ... nnessee-rb and realized I had read the same last year.
LOL. I actually think Gurley is going to be more like Kamara. 190-200 carries and 80 plus receptions. He's slimming down to be even more explosive in the pass game, as they stated. He was on pace for 70 receptions last year, so it makes sense that if they want to keep him fresher, they take away carries and add a few receptions. I still expect a lot of TD's. If he can mimic Kamara's workload, I think his points will be similar.
This is one of the most interesting fantasy takes I've heard in awhile. Gurley slimming down and becoming a more of a speed pass catcher type.

Absolutely love it!
Thanks. I could be wrong, but it seems the best way to prolong his career, while keeping him productive. He's always been a very good receiver out of the backfield, and minimizing the times he is smashing into 300 pound men inside the box is probably a smart thing. Obviously he'll still get carries, but I think it makes sense.

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4666
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:25 am
I could be wrong, but it seems the best way to prolong his career, while keeping him productive. He's always been a very good receiver out of the backfield, and minimizing the times he is smashing into 300 pound men inside the box is probably a smart thing. Obviously he'll still get carries, but I think it makes sense.
I think it's a reasonable thought process, but I'd expect they would bring in a guy who can handle the interior work, if that was the plan. It seems they-
A- believe a RB on the roster can do that (ie Brown or Henderson)
B- intend to bring in a vet who they believe can (such as Ajayi), perhaps as a fall back in case the rostered backs fail at picking up the interior run slack
C- intend the short passing game to replace the run game
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/T, 1 Def


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, Cameron Giles, dynastyninja, hoyasaxa, Lumps, M-Dub, mgscott, skinfanjon and 9 guests