Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Orenthal Shames
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2864
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:53 am

Valhalla wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:13 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:57 am
Literally tons of people have been saying this throughout this thread.
What does their cumulative weight have to do with anything? Also...”tons” would imply 4000+ lbs of people. I think you’re calling them out for being fat...but not sure...
Who you calling fat, fatty?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015 Champion
2017 Champion
2018 Champion

QB: Winston, Brissett
RB: Gurley, Kamara, Sanders
WR: Julio, OBJ, Keenan, Fuller
TE: Kelce, Kittle

2020: 1.05, late 2nd

User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4350
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:56 am

NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:58 am
Valhalla wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 am
Also...the info provided on arthritis...isn’t exactly true...all the time. It CAN get better...temporarily...with microfracture. Or, more recently, with PRP. Or...it can possibly get better on a more long-standing basis with stem cell injections, depending on the type and degree of degeneration.
This is not a true statement
microfracture is for small areas of cartilage damage. not large surface area arthritis
Stem Cell injections have shown poor results

arthritis may feel better very short term with those things, but it won't get better, and it may not cut down the swelling he has been experiencing. oddly enough, treatment for the swelling is the worst thing for his arthritis
Not sure what your expertise is...but I’d say tibial plateau or distal femoral cartilage loss are good bets to what is going on with his knee. They DO get temporary results (as I said) with microfracture. And yes...cartilage loss IS a form/stage of “degenerative arthritis,” which is all we really know. Unless you’re one of his providers?


Johnny B. Goode
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:26 am

Valhalla wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:56 am
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:58 am
Valhalla wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 am
Also...the info provided on arthritis...isn’t exactly true...all the time. It CAN get better...temporarily...with microfracture. Or, more recently, with PRP. Or...it can possibly get better on a more long-standing basis with stem cell injections, depending on the type and degree of degeneration.
This is not a true statement
microfracture is for small areas of cartilage damage. not large surface area arthritis
Stem Cell injections have shown poor results

arthritis may feel better very short term with those things, but it won't get better, and it may not cut down the swelling he has been experiencing. oddly enough, treatment for the swelling is the worst thing for his arthritis
Not sure what your expertise is...but I’d say tibial plateau or distal femoral cartilage loss are good bets to what is going on with his knee. They DO get temporary results (as I said) with microfracture. And yes...cartilage loss IS a form/stage of “degenerative arthritis,” which is all we really know. Unless you’re one of his providers?
I care to not divulge who I am. Possible legal ramifications. But i will say you wrong in thinking these will make it better at this point

User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4350
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:39 pm

NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:26 am
Valhalla wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:56 am
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:58 am


This is not a true statement
microfracture is for small areas of cartilage damage. not large surface area arthritis
Stem Cell injections have shown poor results

arthritis may feel better very short term with those things, but it won't get better, and it may not cut down the swelling he has been experiencing. oddly enough, treatment for the swelling is the worst thing for his arthritis
Not sure what your expertise is...but I’d say tibial plateau or distal femoral cartilage loss are good bets to what is going on with his knee. They DO get temporary results (as I said) with microfracture. And yes...cartilage loss IS a form/stage of “degenerative arthritis,” which is all we really know. Unless you’re one of his providers?
I care to not divulge who I am. Possible legal ramifications. But i will say you wrong in thinking these will make it better at this point
I’m not saying they will make Gurley better, because I am not privy to his charts. I have no clue as to the extent of his damage.
I was saying arthritis and possible treatment, as it was being argued, was wrong. It CAN get better, at least temporarily and symptomatically, with various methods. I was just pointing out the flaw in the certainty of the posts saying it can’t get easier for anyone with arthritis, and only kept at bay or get worse. That’s just a misinformed contributor with a posting style of authoritative certainty that leads those who lack the knowledge to just trust.

honcho55
Captain
Captain
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:02 pm
I think one thing is clear, he’s a decisive player. Seems like people feel strongly one way or another on him, not much “eh, he’s ok” middle ground.
I’m kinda Meh on him talent-wise. I do think he’s shaping up to be a possibly nice investment because of stuff stated in this thread.

@vahalla: not callin you out, genuinely interested: can you point me/us the right way to verify what you’re arguing? Far as I know with arthritis, cartilage health, etc, post acl reconstruction, it does not get better. Can manage symptoms sure, maybe that’s just semantics too?
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -4 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. Roster 15, 2 IR. keep 10 every year (must keep one each pos) *transitioning to more keepers/full dyno over a couple years

QB: Wilson, Carr
RB: E Elliot, D Henry, M Ingram, R Armstead
WR. O. Beckham, J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, TY Hilton, C Beasley, D Amendola
TE. T Kelce, D Goedert, G Everett
IR: P Williams

2020 picks: 1.02, 1.03, early 2, three 3rds
*projections as of now
2021: two 1sts, 2, two 3s, 4
2022: three 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4766
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby dlf_mikeh » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:37 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:17 am
I may need to make a bold move in a few hours when my 1.06 pick comes up.
Oh, for the love of god......

FINE! Do what you want!
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4350
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:32 pm

honcho55 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm
sugbear65 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:02 pm
I think one thing is clear, he’s a decisive player. Seems like people feel strongly one way or another on him, not much “eh, he’s ok” middle ground.
I’m kinda Meh on him talent-wise. I do think he’s shaping up to be a possibly nice investment because of stuff stated in this thread.

@vahalla: not callin you out, genuinely interested: can you point me/us the right way to verify what you’re arguing? Far as I know with arthritis, cartilage health, etc, post acl reconstruction, it does not get better. Can manage symptoms sure, maybe that’s just semantics too?
I think people are misunderstanding what I am saying. An athlete with cartilage wear (or even so significant that it’s “bone on bone,” can get TEMPORARILY “better” by having a microfracture, PRP, stem cell (yes sometimes it works and nothing is guaranteed), etc...prolonging their careers by easing symptoms. That is better, even if not for the long run...it’s better in the immediate, and that’s what we care about for the athlete. Post-career...no I don’t think a microfracture is in his best interest.

honcho55
Captain
Captain
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Valhalla wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:32 pm
honcho55 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm
sugbear65 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:02 pm
I think one thing is clear, he’s a decisive player. Seems like people feel strongly one way or another on him, not much “eh, he’s ok” middle ground.
I’m kinda Meh on him talent-wise. I do think he’s shaping up to be a possibly nice investment because of stuff stated in this thread.

@vahalla: not callin you out, genuinely interested: can you point me/us the right way to verify what you’re arguing? Far as I know with arthritis, cartilage health, etc, post acl reconstruction, it does not get better. Can manage symptoms sure, maybe that’s just semantics too?
I think people are misunderstanding what I am saying. An athlete with cartilage wear (or even so significant that it’s “bone on bone,” can get TEMPORARILY “better” by having a microfracture, PRP, stem cell (yes sometimes it works and nothing is guaranteed), etc...prolonging their careers by easing symptoms. That is better, even if not for the long run...it’s better in the immediate, and that’s what we care about for the athlete. Post-career...no I don’t think a microfracture is in his best interest.

Gotcha. My take there is, sure there’s options for symptom management, and I’ve heard some rumblings here (I’m near Mayo Clinic, they are cutting edge on a lot of stuff) about new treatment options. I have no doubt NFL teams have access to cutting edge, wherever it’s coming from. But, I guess to sum it up, there enough evidence for me and my knowledge of the injury that I’m dinging him.

With that, I’ll quit beating the dead horse haha
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -4 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. Roster 15, 2 IR. keep 10 every year (must keep one each pos) *transitioning to more keepers/full dyno over a couple years

QB: Wilson, Carr
RB: E Elliot, D Henry, M Ingram, R Armstead
WR. O. Beckham, J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, TY Hilton, C Beasley, D Amendola
TE. T Kelce, D Goedert, G Everett
IR: P Williams

2020 picks: 1.02, 1.03, early 2, three 3rds
*projections as of now
2021: two 1sts, 2, two 3s, 4
2022: three 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Johnny B. Goode
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:45 pm

he isn't a candidate for microfracture

User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4350
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 pm

NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:45 pm
he isn't a candidate for microfracture
I figured not...as it would have been done by now if he were going to do it.
Again, I wasn’t speaking to Gurley’s options and prognosis as I haven’t seen his knee so I have no good measure. I was just speaking to the matter of fact information about arthritis and how there are no options for improvement once a player is hampered by it. That’s just false info.

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2864
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 am

Valhalla wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 pm
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:45 pm
he isn't a candidate for microfracture
I figured not...as it would have been done by now if he were going to do it.
Again, I wasn’t speaking to Gurley’s options and prognosis as I haven’t seen his knee so I have no good measure. I was just speaking to the matter of fact information about arthritis and how there are no options for improvement once a player is hampered by it. That’s just false info.
You fellas MD, DO, or DPTs?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015 Champion
2017 Champion
2018 Champion

QB: Winston, Brissett
RB: Gurley, Kamara, Sanders
WR: Julio, OBJ, Keenan, Fuller
TE: Kelce, Kittle

2020: 1.05, late 2nd

Johnny B. Goode
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 am

Orenthal Shames wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 am
Valhalla wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 pm
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:45 pm
he isn't a candidate for microfracture
I figured not...as it would have been done by now if he were going to do it.
Again, I wasn’t speaking to Gurley’s options and prognosis as I haven’t seen his knee so I have no good measure. I was just speaking to the matter of fact information about arthritis and how there are no options for improvement once a player is hampered by it. That’s just false info.
You fellas MD, DO, or DPTs?
yes

User avatar
sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3332
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby sugbear65 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:22 am

NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 am
Orenthal Shames wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 am
Valhalla wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 pm


I figured not...as it would have been done by now if he were going to do it.
Again, I wasn’t speaking to Gurley’s options and prognosis as I haven’t seen his knee so I have no good measure. I was just speaking to the matter of fact information about arthritis and how there are no options for improvement once a player is hampered by it. That’s just false info.
You fellas MD, DO, or DPTs?
yes
Does it really matter though? If they can’t agree, what’s the takeaway here? Neither one is Gurly’s doctor, so they are just speculating like the rest of us. Maybe from a better vantage, but still guessing. If I’m gonna trust a medical evaluation I’ll listen to inside sources that have better info about the situation and a verifiable medical history.

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2553
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:51 am

Well he fell all the way down to 1.13 in DLF PL, and that's where I took him. Seeing as nearly all 1st round rookie RBs appreciate in value going into their 2nd year, I'm fine with this pick. He's gonna appreciate almost surely and may have an opportunity for some significant touches if Gurley's wonky knee stays wonky.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mild and 3 guests