Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Phaded » Mon May 27, 2019 1:46 pm

I know one thing - this is certainly going to be an interesting thread to look back at after the season.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon May 27, 2019 3:06 pm

I dare anyone to give a 2020 first for Henderson. He's a backup to one of the best backs in football and went in the 3rd in an extremely weak RB class. He will never be a long-term starter in the NFL. If Gurley falls off a cliff, LAR will draft a new back next year.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon May 27, 2019 3:50 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:06 pm I dare anyone to give a 2020 first for Henderson. He's a backup to one of the best backs in football and went in the 3rd in an extremely weak RB class. He will never be a long-term starter in the NFL. If Gurley falls off a cliff, LAR will draft a new back next year.
X2. Rookie fever sets in...
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon May 27, 2019 3:50 pm

I am getting a feeling that the slippery slope of Gurley is slowly turning into an avalanche of declining value based on the constant negativity (fair or unfair) - I am seeing more & more articles about Gurley being a concern / boom or bust. Basically it is heading to the point of being a self fulfilling prophecy - as more and more people join the Gurley will be a bust bandwagon perception will overpower reality and only a repeat of 2017 will keep Gurley from avoiding the bust (in 2019) label*.

So basically, if you own Gurley and are looking to move him for the most value - that window is quickly shrinking, as is the window to buy low on Henderson. I fully expect by pre-season Henderson to be, if not in the same range, at least in the ballpark.

IE if Sanders & Montgomery are going 5-8, Henderson will be 9-12, where he was once a mid 2nd in early May.

* - no matter what happens going forward - past production has shown that Gurley was a successful draft selection at 1.01 / 1.02 in 2015
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon May 27, 2019 5:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:18 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 am Anybody spending a 1st on Henderson is going to regret it. I just want to go on record in this thread to plant my flag now.

Henderson isn't going to pan out. You're all wasting your time and energy on him. Sell now while he still has crazy value while you can.

Henderson is this years RoJo.
We need a plant Flag emoji. Damn, I can't see him being Rojo level bad, unless you mean a guy that doesn't remotely come close to his rookie draft capital.
If you used a 2nd rounder on him, I think that's appropriate value and that's what I expect from him. All this talk of people spending a 1st or trading 2020 1sts will be disappointed.

I expect him to be in the Isaiah Crowell range for his career at best. Crowell was hyped up like this great big RB, but never had a 1,000 yard season in his 5 year career. Henderson is on the same path imo.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Dynasty trade advice has someone asking about using 1.03 on Henderson. It's officially Twilight Zone time.
Agree that a 2nd is a good place to draft. Doesn't mean Henderson can't be good and that he can't possibly start at some time this year. Just referring to his value and that value right now is not a first.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon May 27, 2019 5:54 pm

saw061600 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:33 pm Dynasty trade advice has someone asking about using 1.03 on Henderson. It's officially Twilight Zone time.
Agree that a 2nd is a good place to draft. Doesn't mean Henderson can't be good and that he can't possibly start at some time this year. Just referring to his value and that value right now is not a first.
To your point about Henderson's value right now, I would say that if you look at rookie drafts held on MFL over the past two weeks, Darrell Henderson is going off the board 13th in PPR leagues, just .2 points of a slot off the first round. The acquisition cost is essentially a 1st already. I've paid as high as pick 8 this year, and like ArryT says, he's going to creep up right into the Sanders-Montgomery range by pre-season.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:04 pm

themburns wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:54 pm
saw061600 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:33 pm Dynasty trade advice has someone asking about using 1.03 on Henderson. It's officially Twilight Zone time.
To your point about Henderson's value right now, I would say that if you look at rookie drafts held on MFL over the past two weeks, Darrell Henderson is going off the board 13th in PPR leagues, just .2 points of a slot off the first round. The acquisition cost is essentially a 1st already. I've paid as high as pick 8 this year, and like ArryT says, he's going to creep up right into the Sanders-Montgomery range by pre-season.
I believe it's a reaction to Gurley news, or lack of news, more than an indication of his actual value. He can climb ADP but that doesn't mean drafting Henderson in the first is a good decision. As someone else said, it's going to be interesting to look at this thread next draft.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon May 27, 2019 6:17 pm

saw061600 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:04 pm
themburns wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:54 pm
I believe it's a reaction to Gurley news, or lack of news, more than an indication of his actual value. He can climb ADP but that doesn't mean drafting Henderson in the first is a good decision. As someone else said, it's going to be interesting to look at this thread next draft.
I'm just saying, if I said a Montgomery was worth a 2020 1st, a back who went later in the actual NFL draft, and won't be getting bell cow work in the foreseeable future, there wouldn't be nearly this amount of controversy. It reeks of emotional bias.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon May 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Don't listen to the naysayers people. If you want Henderson in the 1st go get him. Screw the rankings or who you should be taking in the mid 1st. We go in with our eyes open that Henderson will never be a workhorse back. But he will get his touches and he will get his receptions and he will put points up on the board. And if mcvay wants him I want him.

I bet all these people saying he will be a wasted pick were saying Corey Davis was the best player to draft a couple of years back.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon May 27, 2019 6:28 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:22 pm Don't listen to the naysayers people. If you want Henderson in the 1st go get him. Screw the rankings or who you should be taking in the mid 1st. We go in with our eyes open that Henderson will never be a workhorse back. But he will get his touches and he will get his receptions and he will put points up on the board. And if mcvay wants him I want him.

I bet all these people saying he will be a wasted pick were saying Corey Davis was the best player to draft a couple of years back.
Absolutely - this is one of those years where people are varied on who they like & dislike - so player ADP in rookies is going to be all over the map. If you like someone and dont want to risk missing out - better to make your selection. :thumbup:

I am just noting that the window is closing fast on Hendersons cost being anything but a 1st round draft pick. I am not telling people they should or should not draft him - just that if you do want him that you best be prepared to pay 12 or higher.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:36 pm

I would agree that from everything I’ve seen, Henderson is already valued at a 1st. In 3 rookie drafts I’ve been in, I’ve seen him go at 11th once, and 12th the other two times. DLFs readers rookie rankings had him in the 1st as well, and I’ve seen plenty of rankings and articles that float him at that level as well.
I would also agree with some in that i think he’s severely overrated and overvalued at that price. Not a guy I will be investing in anywhere. To wit, I received him as part of a package in a bigger deal a few weeks ago. I turned around and sold him to the Gurly owner for J. Cook and a 2021 1st. There is a market out there for him, I’m firmly planting myself on the sell side.
And finally I also agree that if he’s your guy, draft him whenever you feel you need to to ensure getting him. I’m a fool who’s drafted Singletary at the 1.06 on two separate occasions, but that’s a whole other can of worms. Rest assured you’ll hear no guff from me about reaching for “your guys” though.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 27, 2019 7:22 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:28 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:22 pm Don't listen to the naysayers people. If you want Henderson in the 1st go get him. Screw the rankings or who you should be taking in the mid 1st. We go in with our eyes open that Henderson will never be a workhorse back. But he will get his touches and he will get his receptions and he will put points up on the board. And if mcvay wants him I want him.

Absolutely - this is one of those years where people are varied on who they like & dislike - so player ADP in rookies is going to be all over the map. If you like someone and dont want to risk missing out - better to make your selection. :thumbup:

I am just noting that the window is closing fast on Hendersons cost being anything but a 1st round draft pick. I am not telling people they should or should not draft him - just that if you do want him that you best be prepared to pay 12 or higher.
Henderson has gone in the first in two of my money leagues to the Gurley owners. While I don't personally have a 1st round grade on him he is going in the first round it seams consistently.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 27, 2019 7:40 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:06 pm I dare anyone to give a 2020 first for Henderson. He's a backup to one of the best backs in football and went in the 3rd in an extremely weak RB class. He will never be a long-term starter in the NFL. If Gurley falls off a cliff, LAR will draft a new back next year.
I agree.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick