You should probably sell George Kittle

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kittle Extension: Dynasty impact

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:16 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This thread is going better than I ever could have expected it to, when I made my OP! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:12 am

My dynasty TE-rection 📈
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:27 am

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:55 pm I’ve had about enough of the Jets bashing. Cool it!

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:38 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:27 am
FiremanEd wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:55 pm I’ve had about enough of the Jets bashing. Cool it!
Gase bashing is approved.

I would not be upset if the Jets pass on Lawrence or Fields if have the opportunity (and can leverage trade down potential). Could get a bigger position of need and actually give Darnold a chance. Kids been given a tough start. Weapons, Line, and Coaching improvement are all welcome.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: You should probably sell George Kittle

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:09 pm

After setting NFL records at the position, Kittle has had two consecutive years pockmarked by injury. Some ranking him #3 because he's of that injury history, and/or (perceived) competition on a run-tilted offense.

Are these concerns legit? Is he no longer the TE1 from last offseason?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:08 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:09 pm After setting NFL records at the position, Kittle has had two consecutive years pockmarked by injury. Some ranking him #3 because he's of that injury history, and/or (perceived) competition on a run-tilted offense.

I traded him where I had him. Straight up for Waller in 1.5 PPR for TE and for Logan Thomas and an early/mid first in 2022 in a 16 team SF, no TE premium in another. (I have Waller in that league as well)

It's not just the injuries for me, it's the fact he's never been a high TD scorer, and the fact SF has drafted a first round WR, spread the ball around and have a rookie QB who may take a bit of time to hit stride, as well as the fact he likes to run, over say checking down, sometimes.

zacharyringer12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zacharyringer12 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:27 am

I bought Kittle earlier this offseason for what essentially was Javonte Williams and Irv Smith in a 12 tm SF TE premium league. I'm happy with the value I got since I'm a strong contender and hopefully he puts me over the top

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:33 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:09 pm After setting NFL records at the position, Kittle has had two consecutive years pockmarked by injury. Some ranking him #3 because he's of that injury history, and/or (perceived) competition on a run-tilted offense.

He played in 14 games two years ago. Last season was really the only one where injuries significantly messed up his year.

If the bar for Kittle is his second season where he set the record at the time for most receiving yards in a season for a TE, then he'll never consistently live up to it. Just like Kelce is probably not going to hit 1400 yards every season.

But, he is still very easily an elite, Top 3 TE, who can score like a WR, and has succeeded no matter who's been at QB. More touchdowns would be nice, but again... we're talking low-end WR1/mid WR2 production from the TE spot.

His averages the last 3 seasons:

2020 - 15.6 (WR19 equivalent)
2019 - 15.9 (WR11 equivalent)
2018 - 16.2 (WR19 equivalent)

If people are selling low....buy. TE is still a wasteland outside of a handful of players.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:15 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:33 am

His averages the last 3 seasons:

2020 - 15.6 (WR19 equivalent)
2019 - 15.9 (WR11 equivalent)
2018 - 16.2 (WR19 equivalent)

If people are selling low....buy. TE is still a wasteland outside of a handful of players.
Excellent thing to remember. Positional advantage is everything. There are a ton of wrs that produce. Not so for TE.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 pm

I recently sold him in TE premium (1.5ppr). Also have Pitts, Hock, and Tonyan and dont think its the right time to move any of them, so shopped Kittle.

Best I could pull was get Aiyuk and Lamar Jackson and I took it. Kittle just seems like a guy with a short career. The leg injuries are adding up.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:42 am

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 pm I recently sold him in TE premium (1.5ppr). Also have Pitts, Hock, and Tonyan and dont think its the right time to move any of them, so shopped Kittle.

Best I could pull was get Aiyuk and Lamar Jackson and I took it. Kittle just seems like a guy with a short career. The leg injuries are adding up.
I sold Kelce at his “peak” (wasn’t his peak) because I thought with the microfracture surgery he had his career would be shortened.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:51 am

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 pm I recently sold him in TE premium (1.5ppr). Also have Pitts, Hock, and Tonyan and dont think its the right time to move any of them, so shopped Kittle.

That better be a superflex league. Otherwise I think there's an 80% chance you lost that deal. You trade Hock or Tonyan for that, not Kittle.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Per Michelle Magdziuk:

George Kittle has averaged 16 fantasy pts per game since 2018.

That is the 11th most PPG among WRs AND TEs (min. 30 games played).

He has scored only 12 rec TDs during that time...

Imagine if he actually puts up a 10 TD season.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:52 am

Posted this in the injury thread. I actually dragged up the Kitltle thread last week, made a post about how he's not in the elite TE tier any more, and the sell window is closing fast. I made a long paragraph about it, then deleted it, for some reason. Still feel that way, and it may be too late. I traded him everywhere this off season. He's not getting targeted like Kelce or Waller, has a murky situation with QB's, gets hurt too often, and his HC/OC just doesn't feature him. He's in the tier of everybody else below Kelce and Waller, with Andrews, Hock etc. That's the truth. I saw this coming all off season, and got out. Hope others did too.

Didn't want to be negative, I think, that's why I deleted my post, but it would have definitely been apt at this point. When Kittle gets back off IR, if you can play any sort of trade to a contender, at the time, to get his value from the off season, do it. He's just not an elite asset at all. He's a falling knife in value. Get out if you can get anything close to elite value.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:19 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:52 am Posted this in the injury thread. I actually dragged up the Kitltle thread last week, made a post about how he's not in the elite TE tier any more, and the sell window is closing fast. I made a long paragraph about it, then deleted it, for some reason. Still feel that way, and it may be too late. I traded him everywhere this off season. He's not getting targeted like Kelce or Waller, has a murky situation with QB's, gets hurt too often, and his HC/OC just doesn't feature him. He's in the tier of everybody else below Kelce and Waller, with Andrews, Hock etc. That's the truth. I saw this coming all off season, and got out. Hope others did too.

Didn't want to be negative, I think, that's why I deleted my post, but it would have definitely been apt at this point. When Kittle gets back off IR, if you can play any sort of trade to a contender, at the time, to get his value from the off season, do it. He's just not an elite asset at all. He's a falling knife in value. Get out if you can get anything close to elite value.
Agreed.
Looking back at my post the other day in the Injury thread I felt it might be viewed by some as being negative. I think it's simply honest, but sometimes the truth hurts.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser