2020 Rookie Picks

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
snaps06
Captain
Captain

Re: 2020 Rookie Picks

Postby snaps06 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:56 pm

MattDeezy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:00 am I tried selling OBJ for 3 2020 1sts - declined.

Also tried selling Michael Thomas for the same - declined.
1. It's insane you offered those guys up for that.

2. I can't believe they didn't snap accept, unless they are in a HUGE rebuild.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis
Hopkins,Thomas,Woods,Cooks,Toney,MWilliams,
Kittle,Henry,Freier
2022:1,1,2,3,4

Team 3: 14-Team SF,PPR,0.25/rush '18 3rd Place, 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex SFlex
Cousins,Kyler,Carr,Trask
Jacobs,Gibson,Robinson,LMurray,Ingram,Moss,Gio,SScott
Evans,Nuk,DJM,Boyd,Davis
Fant,Hooper,Gronk
2022:2,4
2023:1,1,2,3,4

Team 4: 12-TeamSF,0.5PPR,TE1PPR 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX SFlex
Allen,Tanny,Cam,MacJones
Taylor,Akers,Montgomery,Gibson,Robinson,Harris,McKissic,SScott
DKM,Evans,Juju,Cooks,MWilliams,Trequan
Engram,Hurst,Gronk,Long

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sat May 25, 2019 7:38 pm

snaps06 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:56 pm
MattDeezy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:00 am I tried selling OBJ for 3 2020 1sts - declined.

I have 4/5 1sts in that class, figured I’d go all in idk. But maybe what I have is enough to revamp my rebuild projects.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun May 26, 2019 10:54 am

Yes and no. I feel like every time I gave up multiple firsts for somebody it's backfired. Best case scenario I broke even, worst case scenario I lost. I play mostly superflex though so it makes draft picks a lot more valuable.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:54 am

Yes and no. I feel like every time I gave up multiple firsts for somebody it's backfired. Best case scenario I broke even, worst case scenario I lost. I play mostly superflex though so it makes draft picks a lot more valuable.
How does it make picks a lot more valuable? The draft pool tends to be a bit deeper because good position players get pushed down the board due to QBs going much higher than they do in 1QB formats.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun May 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Op, all your saying is that owners in your league want a future 1st for players that arent worth it. Happens all the time. Welcome to dynasty ff. I like to think most owners view every player on their team as a 1st. We know it cant possibly be true...but seems that way at times.

When this happens, i like to buy vets if possible. Your looking to add prospects on the cheap. Instead, align future picks with proven players if they want to "over value" those picks.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 26, 2019 2:32 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:01 pm

How does it make picks a lot more valuable? The draft pool tends to be a bit deeper because good position players get pushed down the board due to QBs going much higher than they do in 1QB formats.
I think you kind of answered your own question.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Not really, it's just expanding the pool of draftable players over a 1QB league. If anything they are more valuable in a 1QB league because there is a shorter supply of quality draftable players so there is more of a premium on acquiring a better pick to be able to draft the best players in the class.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 26, 2019 3:38 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:57 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Not really, it's just expanding the pool of draftable players over a 1QB league. If anything they are more valuable in a 1QB league because there is a shorter supply of quality draftable players so there is more of a premium on acquiring a better pick to be able to draft the best players in the class.
Well, I guess you could consider any non QB to be somewhat less valuable in a superflex, but they can be had at a later draft pick. It depends how you look at it.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun May 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Exactly.... so a mid-late first is worth way more than in a regular league. Plus if you hit on a rookie QB they are worth probably close to whatever you traded away for the package of picks

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 26, 2019 7:58 pm

For the sake of this argument lets assume that A.J. Brown is worth 4 spots more than Deebo Samuel. So in a superflex A.J. Brown may be available at the 1.12 due to the amount of QBs drafted before that spot. Whereas in a 1QB league you would have to settle for the likes of Deebo Samuel because Brown was already off the board. Now it could be argued that A.J. Brown is slightly more valuable in a 1QB than A.J. Brown in a superflex. I'm not sure you could argue that Deebo Samuel in a 1QB league is more valuable than A.J. Brown in a superflex.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon May 27, 2019 8:16 am

Hottoddies wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:58 pm

For the sake of this argument lets assume that A.J. Brown is worth 4 spots more than Deebo Samuel. So in a superflex A.J. Brown may be available at the 1.12 due to the amount of QBs drafted before that spot. Whereas in a 1QB league you would have to settle for the likes of Deebo Samuel because Brown was already off the board. Now it could be argued that A.J. Brown is slightly more valuable in a 1QB than A.J. Brown in a superflex. I'm not sure you could argue that Deebo Samuel in a 1QB league is more valuable than A.J. Brown in a superflex.
I think he is coming from a scarcity angle.

If you get a player in a 1 QB league at 1.08 and at 1.12 in a SF/2QB league that does not make the 1.12 more valuable, it makes the 1.08 more valuable because (a) the 1.12 is being "artificially propped up" by the added players who would normally not be taken in the 1st round of a different format and (b) you have to pay more to get the exact same thing - I am not going to go into specific names because which player is taken at which spot is definitely league dependant, even in the same format.

That is the whole point of the premiums after all. Because in 1 QB leagues after the top 2-3 QBs (Mahomes, Luck & Rodgers lets say) and top 2-3 TEs (Kittle, Ertz & Kelce) many owners tend to go Zero QB or Zero TE or what have you - so adding the QB or TE premium is to push the value of the other players up that you'd normally not consider in 1sts. No one is taking Jones or Lock or even Murray half the time in the 1st of a 1 QB league. But you're required to do so due to the increased demand.

So if you "artificially" inflate the value of one or more of the positions, once you remove the source of that inflation the value of the players that are left are more valuable in comparison. Thus because you now have to pay more (1.08 instead of 1.12) that makes that 1.08 pick more valuable in comparison to the 1.12.

Supply & demand. If you artificially increase supply, you lower the value of the demand because now everyone can have one. Make the supply more scarce and the demand for that item increases. Thus 1.08 in 1 QB > 1.12 in SF/2QB.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Mon May 27, 2019 9:24 am

Anyways, back to point of the 2020 draft being filled with studs...if you don't believe it, give this article a gander then maybe you'll see why ppl are trying to acquire/hoard 1sts

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/f ... -receivers

Here's a snippet
many draft pundits have agreed, that these last five wide receiver classes have been historically weak — at least compared to the famed 2014 draft class or the running back classes that have followed. This exercise has corroborated that narrative, but also makes a case that the 2020 and 2021 wide receiver classes are special and could buck that trend.

Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb, Laviska Shenault, Tyler Johnson, Tee Higgins, and Tylan Wallace all made at least one of our three charts, and all six are eligible to come out in 2020. Justyn Ross (who just set the PFF College record in yards per route run) and Rondale Moore, given their grades respective to age, might be truly generational prospects in 2021.

While it’s true that every year dynasty players say that the next year’s class is going to be a lot better than the current year’s class, this is the first year I’m saying it. The 2020 class, as well as Ross and Moore, have the chance to be very special. I’d start trying to acquire and hoard first-round rookie picks from those classes now.

And that's just the 2020 WRs...At least 4-6 RBs have a chance to be solid fantasy contributors as well (with three that could be studs in Taylor, Swift, and Etienne).

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon May 27, 2019 7:46 pm

I have no idea how many of these guys would be eligible in 2020 because I don't follow college football; but the number of the guys on this list who had their dominant season in 2018 per PFF is astounding.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon May 27, 2019 9:11 pm

I would be interested to see what the parameters are they use in their grading system. There is just too wide a spectrum of quality of play at the college level to compare players based on production.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 28, 2019 4:06 am

Phaded wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:46 pm I have no idea how many of these guys would be eligible in 2020 because I don't follow college football; but the number of the guys on this list who had their dominant season in 2018 per PFF is astounding.

5 of them are eligible for 2020. Ross and Moore will be 2021.