Hunter Henry

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Hunter Henry -- #1 Dynasty TE?

Postby Cherokee » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:42 am

You could also make an argument for the No.1 dynasty TE to be in this year's rookie class
O.J. Howard (what if he ends up in Green Bay)
Jake Butt (what if he ends up in Dallas)
Evan Engram ( NO, Dallas, GB, )
Any of these guys go to NYG
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am

the better ? is will HH be the #1 dynasty TE from arkansas in the league 2 or 3 years from now .

jeremy sprinkle can be a star and will be dirt cheap compared to his TE peers in the 2017 draft. Situation will matter obviously but should the kid land in the right spot I think he can be terrific .Hunter is in a great spot and has proven to be capable but he isn't in my mind in the TE 1 sphere .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:29 am

clarion contrarion wrote:the better ? is will HH be the #1 dynasty TE from arkansas in the league 2 or 3 years from now .

jeremy sprinkle can be a star and will be dirt cheap compared to his TE peers in the 2017 draft. Situation will matter obviously but should the kid land in the right spot I think he can be terrific .Hunter is in a great spot and has proven to be capable but he isn't in my mind in the TE 1 sphere .
Add Sprinkle and Hodges to the list
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:42 am

agree about hodges ^^ I was just working the arkansas angle but this TE class is the best I can remember period !
where would hunter rank in this class ? Impossible to say since he went a year early but I doubt he would be 1st in this class let alone in all of dynasty .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:37 am

clarion contrarion wrote:agree about hodges ^^ I was just working the arkansas angle but this TE class is the best I can remember period !
where would hunter rank in this class ? Impossible to say since he went a year early but I doubt he would be 1st in this class let alone in all of dynasty .
My team 2 has the 2nd 3rd 11th 12th and 24th picks. Im targeting TEs at 11 and 12. Hoping Howard and Evans are there. Then Jake Butt TE again at 24. Id rank Henry even with Butt behind Engram and Howard.
DE- Phillips, Highsmith

Crwdstunna
Captain
Captain

Postby Crwdstunna » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:39 pm

I think we need to pump the brakes on Henry being the numero uno dynasty TE. No way. I'd rather have a TE or two in this draft class alone over him. Good player though.
10 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex) 2018 Champ
QB: B Mayfield- D Brees- M Mariota RB: A Kamara- M Ingram- Du Johnson- C Hyde- M Lynch- A Peterson- G Edwards- L Murray- C Warren WR: A Brown- D Hopkins- T Boyd- A Jeffery- S Shepard- N Agholor- D Moncrief- L Fitzgerald- M Goodwin TE: OJ Howard- D Goedert
16 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE)
QB: B Roethlisberger- C Keenum RB: Da Johnson- P Lindsay- J White- F Gore WR: A Thielen- C Kupp- K Golladay- C Sutton- A Miller- Tr Smith TE: OJ Howard- D Goerdert- C Herndon- A Hooper

12 Team PPR Dynasty League (2QB 2RB 2WR 2TE 3FLEX)
QB: C Newton- M Mariota- M Trubisky RB: S Barkley- J Mixon- C McCaffrey- N Hines- C Clement- C Carson WR: S Watkins- J Landry- S Diggs- C Godwin- M Williams- M Lee- K Golladay TE: R Gronkowski- D Njoku- G Kittle- E Ebron

ppm
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ppm » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:53 pm

I don't think he's even in the conversation yet but it is a great sign he was able to score a bunch of touchdowns as a rookie. As good as someone like Kelce is, the guys that make a difference and win you games and championships at that position are the guys that consistently score touchdowns.

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Lets not forget that Henry has an incredible college career. His scouting report weaknesses typically read: "average blocker" and thats it! He didn't even drop a single pass his last year despite being the focal point of the offense. I would put his collegiate dominance on par with guys like Eifert, Gronk and much higher than Ertz, Reed, Ebron and Kelce. I understand that once youre in the pros, youre collegiate resume doesnt matter as much but I think its important with rookies like Henry to (1) increase sample size and (2) understand that this dude has been dominant at every level of football and it doesnt look to be changing in the NFL either given the numbers he put up his rookie year despite being a back up.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:19 pm

ppm wrote:the guys that make a difference and win you games and championships at that position are the guys that consistently score touchdowns.
That's just not true when it's guys that are also averaging only 20-30 yards a week; week to week, the low yardage/receptions, TD-dependent TEs harm as often as they help. You want both yardage/catches and TDs, obviously. And since TDs are too often fluky, you should invest in the guys that are getting consistent opportunities -- i.e. yardage/catches -- and cross your fingers to get those odd seasons they score a lot of TDs, too.

Tony Gonzo's gonna be a first ballot hall of famer, but only had three double-digit TD seasons over fifteen seasons played. And yet I promise you he was a consistent member of fantasy-championship winning rosters.

Beyond the freak seasons we've had in recent years with Gronk and Graham, what you really want in your TE slot is simply a guy who's reliably productive, rarely giving you a dud. That alone confers a major fantasy advantage at the TE slot vs the rest of the field.
Lssd2012 wrote:Lets not forget that Henry has an incredible college career.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla ... nry-1.html

'Incredible'?
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:19 am

Do you understand kelces upside now ? And this isn't the first time. First 1000 yard season though an only 3rd year te. I personally think kelce is the TE1

DTMW78
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DTMW78 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Ryantacular wrote:Do you understand kelces upside now ? And this isn't the first time. First 1000 yard season though an only 3rd year te. I personally think kelce is the TE1
Gotta agree with this.
Gronk is just so unreliable due to his injuries.
Kelce is young and producing good #'s with a qb who loves throwing to his TE.

ppm
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ppm » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:40 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
ppm wrote:the guys that make a difference and win you games and championships at that position are the guys that consistently score touchdowns.
That's just not true when it's guys that are also averaging only 20-30 yards a week; week to week, the low yardage/receptions, TD-dependent TEs harm as often as they help. You want both yardage/catches and TDs, obviously. And since TDs are too often fluky, you should invest in the guys that are getting consistent opportunities -- i.e. yardage/catches -- and cross your fingers to get those odd seasons they score a lot of TDs, too.

Tony Gonzo's gonna be a first ballot hall of famer, but only had three double-digit TD seasons over fifteen seasons played. And yet I promise you he was a consistent member of fantasy-championship winning rosters.

Beyond the freak seasons we've had in recent years with Gronk and Graham, what you really want in your TE slot is simply a guy who's reliably productive, rarely giving you a dud. That alone confers a major fantasy advantage at the TE slot vs the rest of the field.
It wasn't all that long ago but Gonzalez played in an era where tight ends were primarily blockers. Tight ends can roll out of bed and get 600+ yards these days. It's why as a whole the position carries relatively little value in fantasy. If I get 40 yards out of my guy and my opponent gets 80, obviously it's not ideal but I can probably survive that. It's the players that are going to score more often than they don't, or semi-frequently score multiple times on top of decent receptions and yardage that are going to definitively decide contests. I'm not saying those types are common or easy to find but that's what the goal is and why guys like prime Gronk and Graham are the gold standard and not Jason Witten.

rschroeder1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rschroeder1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:24 pm

I agree with the comments above regarding Kelce. Until Hunter has the production, hard to slot him as TE1.

However, looking at combined TE fantasy production among all NFL teams this year, the SD combo of Gates and Hunter positions very close to the combos of Bennett/Gronk and Reed/Davis. I'm not trying to make a claim that Hunter is a better real-life or fantasy player than Gronk or Reed, but I find the sheer volume to SD tight ends to be very intriguing. Especially since Gates basically couldn't move this year.

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:06 pm

Cherokee wrote:
clarion contrarion wrote:agree about hodges ^^ I was just working the arkansas angle but this TE class is the best I can remember period !
My team 2 has the 2nd 3rd 11th 12th and 24th picks. Im targeting TEs at 11 and 12. Hoping Howard and Evans are there. Then Jake Butt TE again at 24. Id rank Henry even with Butt behind Engram and Howard.
Is this a TE Premium league? That's a lot of TE's your planning to draft in this class. 3 in the top 24, 2 in the top 12

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Henry gets a yes on production and Kelce (already a 1000 yard TE) gets a no on upside...
These yes and no answers aren't just subjective...they are painfully subjective