Hunter Henry

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Hunter Henry. What did we see?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:13 am

mild wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:35 am Gotta be happy with "what we're did-gum seeing" from old Hunter Henry today. Sure looks like a TE on the rise.

Even in an offense resembling a garbage ball burning in an abandoned ghetto skip, he's still getting looked at by Rivers - 8 targets today, 9 targets last week. I'm optimistic!
I'm with you. Glad I have waited on him and not sold when his value was low. He's in line for a nice stretch run to the fantasy playoffs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:18 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:13 am
mild wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:35 am Gotta be happy with "what we're did-gum seeing" from old Hunter Henry today. Sure looks like a TE on the rise.

Even in an offense resembling a garbage ball burning in an abandoned ghetto skip, he's still getting looked at by Rivers - 8 targets today, 9 targets last week. I'm optimistic!
I'm with you. Glad I have waited on him and not sold when his value was low. He's in line for a nice stretch run to the fantasy playoffs.
100% happy I held on. Even happier Andrews has turned into a legitimate TE also.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 am

Yup he looks good. Already the #1 Red Zone option on the team and quickly becoming the 1B to Allen's 1A. Might even outpace Allen in targets from here on out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:06 pm

steelman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:34 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 pm Feels like a sell high moment to me.
Only if you think the injuries will continue. Otherwise, you're selling very low. He hasn't done enough yet to get his value back up to where his production will be if he stays healthy. There's no denying his talent.
As always league dependant - there are leagues were I tried to move Hunter Henry and had no success unless I was to consider prices outside the range I felt were fair. Other leagues it was not an issue. Agreed though that so long as he can avoid any more serious injuries there is plenty of time for him to develop that talent.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:44 pm I found It interesting that through 44 attempts, KA only got 6 targets. The Chargers weren't running the ball and were also abusing a weak/inexperienced linebacker core.

He looked good, but I would expect this performance to be closer to anamoly than norm.
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 am hes no will dissly but hes pretty good.

im joking but people are a lil too hype hes a good player but many te will have similar production. i just cant see enough consistent volume for him but he could be a great TD guy with not tons of yards. KA Williams and great pass catching backs put a damper on any expectations of consistent production for me from HH. likely a 5-7 target guy and if he scores that day you are happy. 100 yard games will be very rare though and dont forget the Steelers are terrible vs TE... (rambling continues)

From the Rotoworld matchups column this week, emphasis mine:

On the other hand, Hunter Henry has been fantastic. Since his Week 6 return, Henry is leading tight ends in PPR points, targets, receptions, receiving yards, and air yards. Henry is an elite TE1 right now and is the Chargers pass-catcher I’m most confident in. As a bonus, the Chiefs are in the bottom 29th percentile against fantasy tight ends.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:20 am

mild wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:35 pm
Phaded wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:44 pm I found It interesting that through 44 attempts, KA only got 6 targets. The Chargers weren't running the ball and were also abusing a weak/inexperienced linebacker core.

He looked good, but I would expect this performance to be closer to anamoly than norm.
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 am hes no will dissly but hes pretty good.

im joking but people are a lil too hype hes a good player but many te will have similar production. i just cant see enough consistent volume for him but he could be a great TD guy with not tons of yards. KA Williams and great pass catching backs put a damper on any expectations of consistent production for me from HH. likely a 5-7 target guy and if he scores that day you are happy. 100 yard games will be very rare though and dont forget the Steelers are terrible vs TE... (rambling continues)

From the Rotoworld matchups column this week, emphasis mine:

On the other hand, Hunter Henry has been fantastic. Since his Week 6 return, Henry is leading tight ends in PPR points, targets, receptions, receiving yards, and air yards. Henry is an elite TE1 right now and is the Chargers pass-catcher I’m most confident in. As a bonus, the Chiefs are in the bottom 29th percentile against fantasy tight ends.
Not so much, these days. He's really fallen off.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Hunter Henry

Postby Servo » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Henry is a good tight end, and IMO, one of the best in the league.

He's a UFA after this season, so I'd like to see him test the market. This take is probably, already old but NEP would make a lot of sense.Or an offense that doesn't phase out the TE position like LAC has done plenty over the last couple of years.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:20 am
mild wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:35 pm From the Rotoworld matchups column this week, emphasis mine:

Find me a TE that hasn't fallen off. It is an inconsistent position.

He missed 1/4 of the season and is still the TE8 on the year.

He's a TE1, and I think a pretty good one.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:50 pm

mild wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:42 pm
mild wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:35 pm From the Rotoworld matchups column this week, emphasis mine:

He's a TE1 when healthy, which has been a problem, and owners want top dollar for him in trades. His price seems to be higher than his actual value.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:31 pm

I thought he, like Keenan Allen, got an unfair tag as injury prone. That was before the season though and now it just seems like he's always going to miss a few games a year. Like Mild said though, he's still a pretty damn good TE when healthy

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:34 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:50 pm
mild wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:42 pm

He's a TE1 when healthy, which has been a problem, and owners want top dollar for him in trades. His price seems to be higher than his actual value.
Are they asking for an early 1st or late 1st?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:36 pm

BenChodJamin wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:39 pm So is it time to sell on Hunter Henry?
Not really - why?

He's a young TE that has flashed great ball skills when healthy.

TE of all positions is one that can be played well into your 30's (see Witten, Gates, Olsen, Cook, Kelce, Gonzalez, Watson). It's also a position that typically takes at least 3 years to fully master - and yet, he's flashed in every year he's played so far. His career has barely started - he just turned 25 in December.

And most importantly - his situation is in flux right now given his contract - and we have no clue who his QB will be, staying or going.

If someone will give you great value, then sell. But I don't think you're getting that given his history so far - so he's still an upside/variance hold for me.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:51 pm

mild wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:36 pm
BenChodJamin wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:39 pm So is it time to sell on Hunter Henry?
Not really - why?

He's a young TE that has flashed great ball skills when healthy.

TE of all positions is one that can be played well into your 30's (see Witten, Gates, Olsen, Cook, Kelce, Gonzalez, Watson). It's also a position that typically takes at least 3 years to fully master - and yet, he's flashed in every year he's played so far. His career has barely started - he just turned 25 in December.

And most importantly - his situation is in flux right now given his contract - and we have no clue who his QB will be, staying or going.

If someone will give you great value, then sell. But I don't think you're getting that given his history so far - so he's still an upside/variance hold for me.
Yeah I doubt anyone is paying up big for him as I think he's a quiet name. I do think he's a TE1 easily moving forward and hope he can stay healthy. I classify his injuries as the un-lucky type. I've been a buyer when he's hurt. Loved the string of games he put together last year. I'll take a lot of QBs for him over Rivers at this point also.

Like Mild also stated, he's young and has actually played well early on in his career at a position we are told to be patient with. Not sure what nore you could realistically ask for

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:11 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:51 pm
Yeah I doubt anyone is paying up big for him as I think he's a quiet name. I do think he's a TE1 easily moving forward and hope he can stay healthy. I classify his injuries as the un-lucky type. I've been a buyer when he's hurt. Loved the string of games he put together last year. I'll take a lot of QBs for him over Rivers at this point also.

Like Mild also stated, he's young and has actually played well early on in his career at a position we are told to be patient with. Not sure what nore you could realistically ask for
What more could you realistically ask for? Maybe playing a full season? When you have been injured every year of your 4 year career it gets harder and harder to classify you as "unlucky". Some people are just more injury prone than others and unfortunately he seems to be one of them. At some point rehab and offseason procedures get really old and you just don't want to do it anymore. If he continues to miss time every single year, I could see him hanging them up early.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:11 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:51 pm

What more could you realistically ask for? Maybe playing a full season? When you have been injured every year of your 4 year career it gets harder and harder to classify you as "unlucky". Some people are just more injury prone than others and unfortunately he seems to be one of them. At some point rehab and offseason procedures get really old and you just don't want to do it anymore. If he continues to miss time every single year, I could see him hanging them up early.
Yep. Luck, is a great example. I think he was a little more financially set than HH, to say the least, but I don't see HH lasting into his mid 30's like some TE's at this rate.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick