dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Hunter Henry

Postby dmac37 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:21 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:27 pm

It's been more than one, but I tend to agree that the injuries aren't ones that I worry about recurring. Now if he has another random injury this year, then yeah he's just made of glass
Henry has had a concussion, an ACL tear, a lacerated Kidney and a knee fracture in 3 seasons. I don't know what injury prone is, if it's not an injury plus every year. Guys call Wentz injury prone, but he's had an ACL/LCL, back and head injury, in 4 seasons. One less, in one more season, for instance. Based on HH injuries, he's more likely (prone) to be hurt than a player who hasn't had as many. It could just be bad luck, but he seems more likely to suffer that bad luck than others. I don't really hold the concussion as much to worry about, as sadly it's a part of football, for most players at one time or another. Unless you are like Cooks who has had a bunch of them, then you need to start worrying about those more.
But you think a lacerated kidney is something to hold agaisnt him? Of all the injuries he's sustained, the concussion is the only one that gives me any level of concern about him health-wise as that can become reoccurring. The ACL was just taking a bad step on a non-contact drill in the offseason and broken bones typically don't go on to be issues unless there is nerve damage or something, but he came back fine from that so no reason to be concerned. He went through college without any injury issues, but in the NFL just had some bad luck with several completely unrelated injuries that could happen to any football player at anytime.

As for Tyrod, I think he would actually be excellent for Henry's fantasy production, he targets the TE a lot and made Charles Clay a weekly starter. Even Henry's biggest detractors will acknowledge Henry is a massive step up from Clay as a receiving talent. I think Henry is in or near the top 5 of TEs this year.
I hope your right about T-Mobile, I have always thought he has got a bit of a bum rap. With the rumblings of the Chargers moving on from Rivers I picked up Tyrod last year in my SF league. I also own Henry and think Tyrod may not be the worst thing for Henry, with Brady going to TB odds have improved for T-Mobile.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:12 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:17 pm I think it's pretty ridiculous to call HH injury prone. Hes had one pretty fluky injury, same thing as deshaun watskn
It's been more than one, but I tend to agree that the injuries aren't ones that I worry about recurring. Now if he has another random injury this year, then yeah he's just made of glass
Henry has had a concussion, an ACL tear, a lacerated Kidney and a knee fracture in 3 seasons. I don't know what injury prone is, if it's not an injury plus every year. Guys call Wentz injury prone, but he's had an ACL/LCL, back and head injury, in 4 seasons. One less, in one more season, for instance. Based on HH injuries, he's more likely (prone) to be hurt than a player who hasn't had as many. It could just be bad luck, but he seems more likely to suffer that bad luck than others. I don't really hold the concussion as much to worry about, as sadly it's a part of football, for most players at one time or another. Unless you are like Cooks who has had a bunch of them, then you need to start worrying about those more.
Wentz is a QB. I think the bar for a QB being injury prone is substantially lower than a TE, which is lower than an RB. I can’t think of many TEs that have been particularly durable and high production other than Witten and Kelce. Gronk, Reed, Engram, Graham, Walker, Olsen etc all have recent history of significant injuries. It’s part of the position. If you’re throwing around injury prone labels, maybe you need to go zero TE along with zero RB...
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:22 pm

ericanadian wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:12 pm

Wentz is a QB. I think the bar for a QB being injury prone is substantially lower than a TE, which is lower than an RB. I can’t think of many TEs that have been particularly durable and high production other than Witten and Kelce. Gronk, Reed, Engram, Graham, Walker, Olsen etc all have recent history of significant injuries. It’s part of the position. If you’re throwing around injury prone labels, maybe you need to go zero TE along with zero RB...
I agree it's part of the position mores than QB, but the rate at which Henry gets hurt is still higher for his position than the average. I like HH. Drafted him a lot coming out of college. He's just been hurt a lot.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:24 pm

I'm with FF here. I'm a solid believer in HH, been buying everywhere if I didn't own already... I also think his injuries have been fluky BUT if he can't put a full 16 together this year, I won't be able to argue the injury prone tag anymore

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:59 pm

BenChodJamin wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:31 am
ericanadian wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:49 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:49 am A rook might not be a terrible thing in hindsight. They typically like to depend on their TE as a security blanket so it could help PPR wise potentially. I think they'll roll with Tyrod until they fall out of playoff contention and then switch over to whomever they draft as his successor. I don't like that scenario for Hunter's production, but it seems likely at this point.
Charles Clay was serviceable with Tyrod and I think Henry is substantially better than Tyrod. I don’t think the quarterback matters as much as the offensive coordinator anyways and Whiz is fine.
Different types of TEs though. Tyrod is solid, sure, but he likes making conservative throws and using his legs. I don't know what the stats say, but from my observations, it seems like Tyrod liked throwing more outside of the hashmarks than he did inside.

But I do think the Chargers will consider Cam Newton or Andy Dalton (if released).
Chargers are the leader in the clubhouse for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. The chargers are playing catch up big time for the LA market place.

My best guess is they are hoping to win less than 2 games.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:04 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:59 pm

Charles Clay was serviceable with Tyrod and I think Henry is substantially better than Tyrod. I don’t think the quarterback matters as much as the offensive coordinator anyways and Whiz is fine.
Different types of TEs though. Tyrod is solid, sure, but he likes making conservative throws and using his legs. I don't know what the stats say, but from my observations, it seems like Tyrod liked throwing more outside of the hashmarks than he did inside.

But I do think the Chargers will consider Cam Newton or Andy Dalton (if released).
Chargers are the leader in the clubhouse for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. The chargers are playing catch up big time for the LA market place.

As a Chargers fan I would LOVE that, but I just don't see them completely bottoming out and finishing with the #1 pick. They have too much talent on both offense and defense and are really only a QB and improved OL away from SB contention if they are healthy. I think they are taking Herbert at 6 (yuck) or trading up to 3 for Tua.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:05 pm

I can't see that. They have a really good D, and signed some good FA's. They are not even close to the worst roster in the league. You aren't going to convince those players to lose. They are too talented to be the worst team in the league IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:50 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:05 pm

I can't see that. They have a really good D, and signed some good FA's. They are not even close to the worst roster in the league. You aren't going to convince those players to lose. They are too talented to be the worst team in the league IMO.
Are there that many teams with worse rosters at this point in the league, though? The combination of bad O-line and QB play can be lethal. Maybe Jacksonville, Washington, Miami? Jets, Broncos, Bears, Lions, Bengals also come to mind, but it wouldn't surprise me if anyone in that tier went 2-14 next year, LAC included.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:59 pm

Blueboy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:50 pm

Are there that many teams with worse rosters at this point in the league, though? The combination of bad O-line and QB play can be lethal. Maybe Jacksonville, Washington, Miami? Jets, Broncos, Bears, Lions, Bengals also come to mind, but it wouldn't surprise me if anyone in that tier went 2-14 next year, LAC included.
I agree that the Chargers QB position, if they stick with Tyrod will probably bring them down but they’ve made two big additions to the o-line in Trae Turner and signing B.Bulaga. They’ve got plenty of firepower in Ekeler, KA, M.Williams, H.Henry. They’ve also signed a couple of solid players on defense in L.Joseph and C.Harris. I would guess mid-pack finish but if they made a move for Cam, they have the pieces to be a contender, IMO.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:07 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:59 pm
Blueboy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:50 pm

I agree that the Chargers QB position, if they stick with Tyrod will probably bring them down but they’ve made two big additions to the o-line in Trae Turner and signing B.Bulaga. They’ve got plenty of firepower in Ekeler, KA, M.Williams, H.Henry. They’ve also signed a couple of solid players on defense in L.Joseph and C.Harris. I would guess mid-pack finish but if they made a move for Cam, they have the pieces to be a contender, IMO.
Completely missed the Bulaga signing, that does shore up a big hole. I do agree that they've got some of the best skill-position pieces in the league, to go with a top heavy defensive lineup. So if they do upgrade at QB, I'll retract my statement.

Maybe I'm just peeved about having picked the Chargers to go deep into the playoffs for like five straight years. That hasn't really been working out.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert