***2019 Injury Thread***

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
kamihamster
Captain
Captain
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:28 am

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby kamihamster » Thu May 23, 2019 11:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:06 pm
Gtdano_14 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:25 am
Matt Breida injured already, eh?
This is not surprising in the least.
He was all healed up by the time he got to the locker room.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8624
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Hottoddies wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:31 pm
Phaded wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 pm
This is a useful page.
Thanks. That is handy.
Interestingly enough the Raiders either havent listed their injuries or ESPN forgot about Isaiah Crowell.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 am

Chris Carson missing OTA's because he had off season knee surgery.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 am
Chris Carson missing OTA's because he had off season knee surgery.
Disclaimer: I am not a Carson believer. His style, injury concerns, his historically bad performance in the playoff game last year, and Penny, are huge red flags for me.

I don’t think this specific knee scope or whatever it was(arthroscopic knee surgery can be a 45 min outpatient scrape basically or something more major like meniscus repair etc) is necessarily a big deal, but he does have major injury concerns with his past and his running style. His production during the reg season depends on him staying healthy and on him out efforting and bruising the D. Clearly when the intensity and effort were cranked up from the Dallas D in the playoffs he crumbled. Rams ran all over Dallas, Penny looked good in his few touches against Dallas, Mike Davis looked fine against Dallas - it was only Carson who fell apart and looked like a practice squad player.

I think it is just a bad long term combo for a player - an injury prone Medium talent back must rely on extreme effort, intensity, and physicality to best defenders. I don’t see him lasting, but in the short term Seattle could just ride him hard for a year plus and then move Penny into the full time starter role for the last 2-3 years of his rookie contract. Even so, that could increase his short term injury concerns even more. He’s heavily overrated right now because of people not aware of these issues. Just my thoughts as someone who has watched this situation in Sea very closely
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 24, 2019 10:12 am

FantasyDumDum wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 am
Chris Carson missing OTA's because he had off season knee surgery.
Disclaimer: I am not a Carson believer. His style, injury concerns, his historically bad performance in the playoff game last year, and Penny, are huge red flags for me.

I don’t think this specific knee scope or whatever it was(arthroscopic knee surgery can be a 45 min outpatient scrape basically or something more major like meniscus repair etc) is necessarily a big deal, but he does have major injury concerns with his past and his running style. His production during the reg season depends on him staying healthy and on him out efforting and bruising the D. Clearly when the intensity and effort were cranked up from the Dallas D in the playoffs he crumbled. Rams ran all over Dallas, Penny looked good in his few touches against Dallas, Mike Davis looked fine against Dallas - it was only Carson who fell apart and looked like a practice squad player.

I think it is just a bad long term combo for a player - an injury prone Medium talent back must rely on extreme effort, intensity, and physicality to best defenders. I don’t see him lasting, but in the short term Seattle could just ride him hard for a year plus and then move Penny into the full time starter role for the last 2-3 years of his rookie contract. Even so, that could increase his short term injury concerns even more. He’s heavily overrated right now because of people not aware of these issues. Just my thoughts as someone who has watched this situation in Sea very closely
I completely agree. I think Carson's touches are diminished slightly this year, but I think he will still have a very good early down role. He is the epitome of a first contract player, to me. I also believe Penny was a raw player, and Pete was not going to thrust him into spots he wasn't ready to take on. Pete is an ex college coach, and knows this, and also knows how to groom prospects to be more complete players.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri May 24, 2019 10:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:12 am
FantasyDumDum wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 am
Chris Carson missing OTA's because he had off season knee surgery.
Disclaimer: I am not a Carson believer. His style, injury concerns, his historically bad performance in the playoff game last year, and Penny, are huge red flags for me.

I don’t think this specific knee scope or whatever it was(arthroscopic knee surgery can be a 45 min outpatient scrape basically or something more major like meniscus repair etc) is necessarily a big deal, but he does have major injury concerns with his past and his running style. His production during the reg season depends on him staying healthy and on him out efforting and bruising the D. Clearly when the intensity and effort were cranked up from the Dallas D in the playoffs he crumbled. Rams ran all over Dallas, Penny looked good in his few touches against Dallas, Mike Davis looked fine against Dallas - it was only Carson who fell apart and looked like a practice squad player.

I think it is just a bad long term combo for a player - an injury prone Medium talent back must rely on extreme effort, intensity, and physicality to best defenders. I don’t see him lasting, but in the short term Seattle could just ride him hard for a year plus and then move Penny into the full time starter role for the last 2-3 years of his rookie contract. Even so, that could increase his short term injury concerns even more. He’s heavily overrated right now because of people not aware of these issues. Just my thoughts as someone who has watched this situation in Sea very closely
I completely agree. I think Carson's touches are diminished slightly this year, but I think he will still have a very good early down role. He is the epitome of a first contract player, to me. I also believe Penny was a raw player, and Pete was not going to thrust him into spots he wasn't ready to take on. Pete is an ex college coach, and knows this, and also knows how to groom prospects to be more complete players.
Yeah. I don’t want to bleep on him because he does do good stuff, but man, he is signed for 2 more years on a bleep contract that will leave him with CAREER EARNINGS of only $2.5m as of AFTER the 2020 season.

I could 100% see him falling off then or before with injury being the main culprit, and only signing 1 or 2 back up 1-2 year deals to end his career in his late 20s. We’ve seen this play out 100x in the NFL with RBs like this - all used up on a bleep contract and then left to suffer for it.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:03 am

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby UATahoe » Tue May 28, 2019 9:48 am

Miles Sanders is sitting out OTA's with an undisclosed issue. Definitely something to start monitoring.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8624
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 31, 2019 9:01 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... g-knockout

Not a player but apparently the HC of the Packers tore his achilles.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8624
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:40 am

Jeremy Langford is on IR again. Just saw that as I was browsing the current injuries list

Not that anyone was stashing him - just seems like if he was healthy he at least had a shot to compete in Atlanta as that depth chart is not very deep behind Devonta Freeman.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries/
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... signation/
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1761
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby Blueboy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:30 am

ArrylT wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:01 am
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... g-knockout

Not a player but apparently the HC of the Packers tore his achilles.
Hopefully he's ready to go for 2020.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:03 am

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby UATahoe » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:42 am

The Miles Sanders injury is starting to be more newsworthy i think. The longer he goes without practicing, the bigger the hill to climb. Not saying he wont win the job but it definitely isnt helping 1st year progress.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8624
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:56 pm

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-inju ... -pederson/

Read the part about Josh Adams ... ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8724
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:26 pm

I think Hayden Hurst is banged up. Hamstring? I remember reading an article about him bulking up (which I thought wasn't a good idea with leg issues) and then subsequently getting hurt. Really think Andrews is the guy there
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin (IR), Dillon, Ingram, Mattison, Scott, McKissic
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.05-1.10, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Mullens, Luton, Minshew (IR)
RB: Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Penny (IR)
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 1.03-1.06, 2, 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8624
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:59 pm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... juries.htm

Probably should have checked earlier but just noticed pro football reference also keeps track of injuries & suspensions.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4244
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:05 am

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:05 am

ArrylT wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:56 pm
https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-inju ... -pederson/

Read the part about Josh Adams ... ;)
Lol. Wow that's wild

And the way Pederson answered a question about Adams, who had offseason shoulder surgery, is both encouraging and concerning at the same time. Here's the exchange:

What exactly happened to Josh Adams?

PEDERSON: "Josh?"

PEDERSON [turns to a member of Eagles media relations]: "What do they know about Josh?"

EAGLES STAFFER [off camera]: "Shoulder."

PEDERSON: "Just the shoulder, right?"

PEDERSON [turns back to reporters]: "I mean, he's progressing. He's another one, we're just being cautious with him. Don't want any setbacks at this point."

Not only is that decidedly not an answer to the question he was asked, but it begs several more questions, the most important being, "What the hell else don't we know about Josh Adams?"
________________________

Has anyone had a visual on Josh Adams lately? This reads like they have him locked in a dungeon or something
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2019: 5th place :wall:
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson
RB: Saquan Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram,JK Dobbins, Hyde, Gore
WR: Hopkins, Mike Evans, Juju Smith, T Boyd, Jarvis Landry, R Gage, G Tate, D Slayton, B Perriman, T Williams, A Miller, Beasley, Bourne, AB clown
TE: George Kittle, Higbee, Akins, Reed, K Smith
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Titans, Jax, McManus Den
Taxi- D Henderson, A Mattison, B Snell
picks- 2021- 3,4 2022-1,2,4,5

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
Threepeat Champs 8-)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Haskins
RB: CMC, D Cook, Kamara, D Henry, T Cohen, P Barber, M Brown, R Armstead,
WR:Hopkins, Arob, Golloday, Diggs, Edelman, M Williams, Fuller, Perriman, Westbrook, Hurns, Lazard, Dorsett, Higgins,
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Dissly, Akins
picks- 2021- 3,4,5 2022 1,2,3,4,5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Farley, Forza_Azzurri and 8 guests

DLF 2020 Cyber Week Sale