nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: ***2019 Injury Thread***

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:56 pm

blemly wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:10 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:46 am
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:21 pm Penny with a sprained ACL
Done for the year. It sucks, they just started using him properly. Had a big gain on a a screen pass when he got hurt. Next year, sigh.
I’ll take a glass half full approach on this one. I have a team that has Chark, Penny, and Guice so losing them for this year stinks, but it appears that all 3 avoided tears/breaks that would jeopardize this offseason and the start of next season as well.
A serious tear is likely a ~90% tear of the ligament, not as bad as a full tear arguably, but iirc it might have been better to have torn it. Long story short the tech for ligament tears is better and they are now being replaced by (I believe a strand of muscle) which has much better blood flow than ligaments so the healing process is way faster. with a partial tear if they just reattach it the blood flow will suck and the healing process will still take long. In the old days of yonder back when ACL tears were career enders they would reattach, the tech changed around the time that player started to come back from ACL tears "fine" will still likely experience arthritis down the road but not within their playing careers unless further damage is sustained
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:20 pm

Raiders lose Moreau for the year with a knee injury.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Alshon Jeffrey just got carted off with a non-contact knee injury...

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:25 pm

mild wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:19 pm Alshon Jeffrey just got carted off with a non-contact knee injury...
Foot*

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 pm

Done for the year. It sucks, they just started using him properly. Had a big gain on a a screen pass when he got hurt. Next year, sigh.
I’ll take a glass half full approach on this one. I have a team that has Chark, Penny, and Guice so losing them for this year stinks, but it appears that all 3 avoided tears/breaks that would jeopardize this offseason and the start of next season as well.
Update, penny suffered torn acl. Gonna impact off season and probably begining of next season
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Did Seattle coaches all of a sudden learned how to coach and how to use talented RBs? Or did Penny finally started to take football seriously, get healthy and learn how to play? Penny looked good the past few weeks, no doubt, but I find it laughable that his lack of usage had something to do with the coaching staff.

Hopefully he recovers. With Carson around, they don't need Penny to be a high volume back, so maybe he contribute next year.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:16 am

remedy29 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:31 pm
Did Seattle coaches all of a sudden learned how to coach and how to use talented RBs? Or did Penny finally started to take football seriously, get healthy and learn how to play? Penny looked good the past few weeks, no doubt, but I find it laughable that his lack of usage had something to do with the coaching staff.

Hopefully he recovers. With Carson around, they don't need Penny to be a high volume back, so maybe he contribute next year.
Did you watch him last season, or in these latest games? He's always had the talent. Go back and check the playoff loss last year to Dallas - he looks like the best player on the field by a mile. Same with a few other scattered games this year and last.

He has frequently flashed over the last two years, but the thing we have continually heard is that it's a maturity thing - about him being a professional. And if that's the way you're going to handle yourself - then you won't see the field in a place like Seattle. Not when there's a 6th round grinder like Carson making every effort to be a professional and doing a damn good job of carrying the rock in his own right.

So him playing behind Carson is definitely a coaching decision. They like the tough edge Carson gives them. He does his job, and he's a professional. But to me, the big play guy of the two is, and has always been - Penny.

Hopefully he recovers fine. It was just starting to get good...

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:09 am

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:56 pm

A serious tear is likely a ~90% tear of the ligament, not as bad as a full tear arguably, but iirc it might have been better to have torn it. Long story short the tech for ligament tears is better and they are now being replaced by (I believe a strand of muscle) which has much better blood flow than ligaments so the healing process is way faster. with a partial tear if they just reattach it the blood flow will suck and the healing process will still take long. In the old days of yonder back when ACL tears were career enders they would reattach, the tech changed around the time that player started to come back from ACL tears "fine" will still likely experience arthritis down the road but not within their playing careers unless further damage is sustained
I know some (self proclaimed) doctors and such have posted here, but it would really be nice to have a thread, or even a full sub forum on this. Not attacking the author I’m quoting here or anything, but there’s definitely some misinformation on these kind of topics.

I’m just a Schlub, but afaik the ‘tech’ in an ACL repair is still attaching a tendon segment, from a hamstring, patellar, or cadaver tendon. I did not dig too deep, but I don’t believe muscle tissue would ligamentize predictably, if at all.

Also a ~90% tear, as I understand it, is essentially a full rupture. It’s torn. For reference, my knee was 90something. They called it a full rupture.

I’d say the tech advancements are in the rehab process rather than the surgical process, but again I’m no expert.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:53 am

abloom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 pm

Update, penny suffered torn acl. Gonna impact off season and probably begining of next season
Yep. So much for glass half full lol.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:02 pm

blemly wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:53 am
abloom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 pm

Yep. So much for glass half full lol.
bleep bleep bleep

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:35 pm

Marvin Jones and Alshon done for the year.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:53 pm

The number of players going to IR this week strongly suggests the next 2 weeks are going to be chaotic for starting lineups.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:41 am

Anthony Miller getting surgery on that same shoulder again.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2