Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Re: Zeke has red flags already, now he's a pot head

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 pm

HereForTheComments wrote:
Giants wrote:Bleacher Reported reporting Cowboyz are concerned with his maturity, says he parties to often.

The Cowboys are just salty non fantasy Zeke owners....
Ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah that was a good one.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Giants wrote:Bleacher Reported reporting Cowboyz are concerned with his maturity, says he parties to often.

This has been my favourite thread of the month. Even with the edits!

:clap:
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:02 pm

Damn them! Why are they trying to poke holes in the kid after he looked great last night?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:09 pm

I hope everyone else follows Jason Cole's "sources" and content for their fantasy advice.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:54 pm

I hate to break this to you bro, but I'm sure a majority of the league smokes pot. Marijuana is a very social activity and football teams are highly social environments. The guys who get busted are just the guys who get busted. Then, it becomes a problem for them because they're in the NFL wellness program and get tested out the butt. But make no mistake, everyone smokes, and no one cares, not the GMs, not the club house. All they care about is that you don't get caught. Until he tests positive there's nothing to be concerned about.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:14 pm

snitchinsider wrote:I hate to break this to you bro, but I'm sure a majority of the league smokes pot. Marijuana is a very social activity and football teams are highly social environments. The guys who get busted are just the guys who get busted. Then, it becomes a problem for them because they're in the NFL wellness program and get tested out the butt. But make no mistake, everyone smokes, and no one cares, not the GMs, not the club house. All they care about is that you don't get caught. Until he tests positive there's nothing to be concerned about.
Best quote of all time from this text!!! "The guys who get busted are just the guys who get busted." And that's a fact!! Take that Goodell!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Plank wrote:I don't smoke pot, but would go into a shop .. hell, I heard the promotions for weed shops in the Denver Podcast, sounds absolutely fascinating
This. I have friends that don't smoke but have visited these types of shops when they've traveled to states where it was legal. I guess this could be something to take into consideration when contemplating all the off-the-field issues arising with Zeke, but simply visiting a legitimate and legal business establishment isn't in itself a large concern to me. Honestly I'd probably be more worried about seeing someone like Lacy/Karlos at a Hometown Buffet than seeing Zeke visiting an out-of-state dispensary.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:10 am

BuckeyeNation wrote:
Plank wrote:I don't smoke pot, but would go into a shop .. hell, I heard the promotions for weed shops in the Denver Podcast, sounds absolutely fascinating
This. I have friends that don't smoke but have visited these types of shops when they've traveled to states where it was legal. I guess this could be something to take into consideration when contemplating all the off-the-field issues arising with Zeke, but simply visiting a legitimate and legal business establishment isn't in itself a large concern to me. Honestly I'd probably be more worried about seeing someone like Lacy/Karlos at a Hometown Buffet than seeing Zeke visiting an out-of-state dispensary.
It shows very poor judgment, at the very least.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:02 am

snitchinsider wrote:I hate to break this to you bro, but I'm sure a majority of the league smokes pot. Marijuana is a very social activity and football teams are highly social environments. The guys who get busted are just the guys who get busted. Then, it becomes a problem for them because they're in the NFL wellness program and get tested out the butt. But make no mistake, everyone smokes, and no one cares, not the GMs, not the club house. All they care about is that you don't get caught. Until he tests positive there's nothing to be concerned about.
Jerry Jones cares. He stated "not good" 3 times when interviewed about this. Is it a big deal? Maybe, maybe not. The thing I do know it is a very bad optic for Elliott and was a totally unnecessary thing to do.

Mighty to Save
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mighty to Save » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:04 am

Heard the same thing when was at Ohio State. Party boy.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:51 am

This is the same team that wentire as far as to lock down dez with people following him at all times. If it is 'that bad' I'm sure they put in place the same parameters they did with Dez when he was acin a fool.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:30 am

Missile wrote:
Jerry Jones cares. He stated "not good" 3 times when interviewed about this. Is it a big deal? Maybe, maybe not. The thing I do know it is a very bad optic for Elliott and was a totally unnecessary thing to do.
Jerry Jones publicly cares. It's just PR stuff for Goodell who's gotta do that whole "protect the shield" bs.

Also, Zeke doesnt actually care what anybody thinks about him being in a shop like that. It's 2016 folks. In fact, I think its socially irresponsible to give such a click-baity title to this entire thread because it only attempts to fuel an outdated social narrative and paint Zeke in a bad light. (unless its satire and im on the outside of the joke).
Last edited by TheSpidersFromMars on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:38 am

rock-hammerson wrote:This is the same team that wentire as far as to lock down dez with people following him at all times. If it is 'that bad' I'm sure they put in place the same parameters they did with Dez when he was acin a fool.
Exactly - Dez was much more of a concern than Zeke presently is.

If it gets bad enough; the Cowboys have proven they can do what is necessary to keep their studs in line.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:21 am

Wow this really blew up...

I don't smoke weed, never have but by no means an angel, I LOVE beer. TBH, I get the "pothead" debate, rightfully so. The problems are:

1) Sorry, but if you walked into a dispensary, odds are you smoke pot
2) If you've just been caught, that leads the question "how many times have you NOT been caught?" Perception is reality, you walked into a store that sells weed, you smoke weed, and regularly enough to go retail.
3) If you're careless enough to put yourself in the position like that, doesn't exactly bode well in my eyes for decision making period in all facets. Does this incident, possible domestic assault, and reports of him being a "raver", even if NONE of them are true which I honestly acknowledge is possible, he's putting himself in these spots to be considered.

That's lack of judgement,lack of respect for authority and discipline. Although not as extreme, didnt Manziel stories start out in a similar fashion? Not saying he is on same level, I dont know who is, but to ignore all this is incredibly naive.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:38 am

Swampdonkey17 wrote:Wow this really blew up...

I don't smoke weed, never have but by no means an angel, I LOVE beer. TBH, I get the "pothead" debate, rightfully so. The problems are:

1) Sorry, but if you walked into a dispensary, odds are you smoke pot
2) If you've just been caught, that leads the question "how many times have you NOT been caught?" Perception is reality, you walked into a store that sells weed, you smoke weed, and regularly enough to go retail.
3) If you're careless enough to put yourself in the position like that, doesn't exactly bode well in my eyes for decision making period in all facets. Does this incident, possible domestic assault, and reports of him being a "raver", even if NONE of them are true which I honestly acknowledge is possible, he's putting himself in these spots to be considered.

That's lack of judgement,lack of respect for authority and discipline. Although not as extreme, didnt Manziel stories start out in a similar fashion? Not saying he is on same level, I dont know who is, but to ignore all this is incredibly naive.
Shares my thoughts. People can argue the true impacts it has on him as a player, and that's fine, but it doesn't do anything to dispose of the previously mentioned risks off the field. If nothing else it created a perception and unnecessary attention franchises don't want. Doesn't impact him on the field, but it's not a good thing. Not necessarily a negative either in isolation. I do feel that generally people who have smoked are the ones who go to those places, not casual people who never have. Doesn't mean he does now though, or that he will be busted.

Will be quickly forgotten unless something else comes up further.