General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Would this be collusion/unethical?

Postby Krypto_King » Mon May 20, 2019 10:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:35 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:06 am I mean in my league we do a mock draft of who we think will take who, some people even say "Ya im gonna take this guy" its all fun and games, but it sounds like in other leagues thats cheating? Like other have said he can change his mind, or he could be lying. There is nothing wrong with this at all. Im surprised you even think their may be something wrong with it.
it's fine if everyone knows. show one, show all is my thinking. It's a little dirty to get the 1.02 but its really the other owners fault.
It's not his responsibility to show everyone else. It's on the owner of the newly acquired 1.01, IF he so desires. In fact, it's just as unethical, if not more unethical to share private conversations. That also sets you up for never having a private conversation with anyone in the league again, if you share private conversations with other owners.
where does this end? if an owner tells you every single trade offer he receives or sends you his draft board every year, that isn't collusion? If I share something like that with 1 owner in a league I certainly have no room to get mad if he shares it with the rest of the league.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Wed May 22, 2019 4:15 pm

I am constantly shooting the bleep with other owners prior to the draft trying to get a read on things. Some guys give useful information, others don't. All owners have the same opportunity to do this, I have no idea who else is, and what information they have. I don't see a problem with it.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:32 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:35 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 am

it's fine if everyone knows. show one, show all is my thinking. It's a little dirty to get the 1.02 but its really the other owners fault.
It's not his responsibility to show everyone else. It's on the owner of the newly acquired 1.01, IF he so desires. In fact, it's just as unethical, if not more unethical to share private conversations. That also sets you up for never having a private conversation with anyone in the league again, if you share private conversations with other owners.
where does this end? if an owner tells you every single trade offer he receives or sends you his draft board every year, that isn't collusion? If I share something like that with 1 owner in a league I certainly have no room to get mad if he shares it with the rest of the league.
In the case of the particular conversation the OP is discussing, it's really not on the OP to divulge that info. It was an Eagles fan getting giddy about potentially drafting an eagle. The example you used is extreme. I am only commenting on the specific case. If he divulges that comment to the rest of the league, he may lose the trust of other league mates, because they will think they can't make comments to him without it getting spread to the entire league.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

fat_lenny
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fat_lenny » Wed May 22, 2019 5:41 pm

"he lives in Philly"
I've seen Sanders go 1.01, so go for it !! ..and please post results ;) You have 1.6, 1.7 and 1.9? plus you had 1.1? wow !
Start 9: 1 QB, 1-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-4 TE - PPR
Dynasty 12 team, roster=24 (keep all) + 3 IR, $100 blind bid > Victory points !

Goff , Stafford, D. Jones(R)
Drake , Barber , Breida, Penny, M. Sanders(R), J Richard, K Dixon, Crowell (IR)
Golladay, Diggs, Fuller, R Anderson, Ty Williams, JJAW(R)
Snead, Moncrief, Richardson, R Foster, J. Hurd(R)
OJ Howard, Hooper, I. Thomas

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 pm

JTLoh wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:11 am Be careful though.
I would have told you the same thing. Then picked Murry.
Exactly. Sounds like the dude is messing with OP
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu May 23, 2019 1:51 pm

It can backfire in other ways

I traded the 1.8 and 1.10 for the 1.3 in the 2017 draft because I knew the 1.2 owner was "stupidly" going to take McCaffrey 2nd overall instead of Corey Davis who I could get for a steal

Kamara and Hunt went 1.8 and 1.10, and I traded Davis away for Derrick Henry, and then Derrick Henry away for Rashad Penny :wall:
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:57 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:51 am After a lot of negotiating with another owner I gave up the 1.01 in a superflex for a nice package of players and picks. I assume he is taking Murray since he only has 2 qbs, one of which is Foles.

As soon as we complete the trade he texts, “Love me some Sanders!” (He lives in Philly)

I said, “are you serious?”

He says yep.

Now I feel like it would be unethical to try and get the 1.02 before the draft starts with this information. Am I being overly goody two shoes by waiting till 1.02 goes on the clock to make a move for the 1.02? It seems like everyone should get a chance at the 1.02 if it’s Murray.

Has anyone else had a similar situation?
Based off of what you wrote, there's no guarantee that he actually drafts Sanders. I've played redraft where people said they were going to take player X #1 overall, but when it came down to crunch time, the chose the consensus #1.

The dude could just be full-of-it.

Now, if you want to publicize such information, you can, but I don't think there's an obligation on your end. Again, based off of what you said, how are we supposed to know he's being serious or not? Even if he was being serious, he could have changed his mind.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:58 am

fat_lenny wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:41 pm "he lives in Philly"
I've seen Sanders go 1.01, so go for it !! ..and please post results ;) You have 1.6, 1.7 and 1.9? plus you had 1.1? wow !
Would have been dope if it were the 2017 NFL draft instead of the 2019 draft. :lol:

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:46 pm

I've been giving out false information on guys I like in the draft for weeks.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:25 am

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:46 pm
I've been giving out false information on guys I like in the draft for weeks.
Exactly.

There's no duty or obligation to report this information. If there were, then why not disclose all information you have in private conversations regarding the league? You gotta draw the line somewhere.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Mephistopheles wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:54 pm I actually had a similar situation to this a couple years ago during the Mixon/McCaffrey draft.

This is a bit convoluted but there were 4 owners involved.
If you can picture this, most of us know each other, about 9 of us were all in the same building at a bar and grill owned by one of the guys in the league for the rookie draft. The other 3 were offsite but drafting through the MFL system.
I had picks 2,3, 10, and 12. I needed RB's desperately (right draft to be in, right?) and I wanted to get 3 of Mixon/McCaffrey/Hunt/Kamara but I also wanted Davis and Juju.
I knew the guy at 1 had a boner for Fournette, I DM'd him before the draft and he confirmed he was taking LF, and not moving off it for anything. That got me Davis and CMC for sure.
Then I Sent an offer to the guy at 4, he said he was not moving off the pick because he wanted Marshawn Lynch. Ummm what? :shock:
In the meantime the guy at 6 and 8 approached and wanted DJ, I told him I wanted MT13 and MG3 and pick 6, but he did not want to move off #6 and he told me he wanted to make sure he got OJH. We ended up making a deal where I got both MT13 and MG3 plus A. Hooper and pick 8.
All this before draft day. I now have picks 2,3,8,10,12 and knowledge of how 5 of the first 6 picks are going to go.
Fast forward to draft day. Knowing with some certainty that Mixon would be there, I flipped pick 8 to the guy at 5 for a 2nd rounder and a 2018 2nd rounder. The guy at 6 is sitting literally right next to me and starts cursing at me, calling me a Mf'er and he'll never talk to me again all through the first 3 picks of the draft (I needed a TE as well). I told him, Relax, I'm not taking OJH, I promise you...he responds you better not you mf'er. I told him, wait till you see what is going to happen because you're not going to believe this.
Now keep in mind, everyone in that league knew I was all in on Mixon, Davis and CMC and that I really liked OJH. Also, remember I know that Lynch is going at 4 and OJH at 6.
So the draft goes LF, CMC (Me), Davis (me)...then the guy at 4 takes Lynch. The place is a cacophony. People are yelling at the 4th pick about how he let me get 3 of the top 4... Guy at 6 has his jaw on the floor...but I'm not done. (Remember I know OJH is going #6)
While I'm OTC, I approach the guy at 7, offer him my 2018 1st and another 17 2nd for 1.7. He takes it. I take Mixon at 5, 6 takes Howard, I take M-Will. 8 & 9 are Cook and John Ross. I take Kamara at 10, Hunt goes at 11, and I take Juju at 12.

Point being, all that information was available to the entire league but I was the only one who did the legwork to get it.
Just by talking to people and keeping stuff confidential, I walked out of a draft with CMC/Mixon/KamaraMG3/MT13/Juju/CD/M-Will and set my team up for the next 5-7 years. And stuff like this happens every year in that league, it's the reason it's by far my favorite league. The maneuverings in the 19 draft (set for next weekend) is even crazier.

OP, there's nothing untoward or unethical about trading for the 1.2 pick in your case. Nor are you obligated to share the information with anyone else. You did the legwork and found the information. Just keep in mind it may be a smokescreen although I'm not sure how the guy at 1.1 benefits from a smokescreen in your case.
Great story! Now please do another story about the maneuverings that happened for 2019!
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 pm

You're overthinking things. This is fantasy football, not War. If you hear that a starting RB gets injured you wouldn't wait for the news to break on the mainstream media-- you'd rush to the waiver wire for his replacement!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:17 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 pm You're overthinking things. This is fantasy football, not War. If you hear that a starting RB gets injured you wouldn't wait for the news to break on the mainstream media-- you'd rush to the waiver wire for his replacement!
Some people can barely tell the difference! :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick