Total votes: 216

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri May 10, 2019 8:49 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 am
Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:38 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:10 pm both dudes going into year 3... also juju got 54 more balls thrown his way last year. i think even 54 more balls from mariota (and not big ben) would have boosted CD a ton.
Yah Juju got more balls going his way, but passing volume is part of the situation equation. You can't separate it out. Juju = great situation, CD = garbage situation. Situation is a big part of the equation for fantasy production.

Juju got more balls thrown his way because he's in a better WR situation, but he also got more balls thrown his way because his play on the dictated it, he stole work from AB, not many guys can do that. CDs play to this point hasn't dictated that he be force fed, if it had, he'd more like a Dhop and succeeding regardless of his QB situation.

CD may be more talented than any of the rookies from 2019, but it's clear as day that his situation is far worse and it will for a few seasons.

He'll be a buy for me next offseason, when his QB hopefully changes, and his value compared to the 2020 draft class hype makes him worth a 2020 2nd.
the buy window is now or possibly thru most of this season depending on mariotas struggles. if you plan to wait till everyone knows the situation is gonna change that price wont be what you like. this is sammy all over again but without injuries, the value just doesnt dip haha
Unless he breaks out this yr, I'd rather hedge my bets that he'll be available cheaply next offseason (or right before my trade deadline next reg season). I'm aiming for that sweet spot in the offseason, right after the combine, but before the NFL draft. Everyone gets all jacked for the draft class, but no real situations have changed yet, great time to get deals done imo. Esp with the 2020 class.

Imo, Watkins & CD are not comparable, or at least I hope CD doesn't try and take the Watkins path. The path that Watkins has taken to right his trade value ship was like a pinball machine, & FWIW Watkins value did dip (quite a bit actually) but luckily for him Tyreek Hill was doing Tyreek Hill things.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri May 10, 2019 9:04 am

ericanadian wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:03 pm It’s funny you bring up Adams given his outlook after year two.
The only thing comparable about Adams & CD are that they both struggled for their first two years in the league. Other than that it's apples and oranges.

Maybe CD makes the 3rd yr jump as well, but personally I'm not ready to put my chips in on that bet, based on his current situation. Like some of you guys say, situations change, and I'll gladly snatch up CD right before his situation changes in 2020. If he breaks out this season then so be it, it's a calculated risk.

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Fri May 10, 2019 9:33 am

Harry by a lot over Davis. Davis by a lot over all the others. That's how I have this.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri May 10, 2019 10:33 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:39 am What has Davis done in the NFL?

Get drafted early in rnd 1.
Make a couple nice catches vs NE in a playoff game a couple years ago.

Hes injured all the time, hes on a run first bad offense, and I wonder how seriously he takes being in the NFL. Imo hes the most overrated asset in all of dynasty. His asking price hasnt wavered at all. Hes like a little better version of Parker for me. Id take Harry above him and I think AJB is hopefully going to show him what it takes to be a professional.
:crazy: :wtf: C'mon Bot, you can do better than this. "A little better version of Parker"..... I'm assuming you watch football games on TV right? Perhaps you are watching while imbibing a few too many adult beverages. Now, I'm thinking that your opinion - well, its different than mine and you are welcome to that, but - your reasons for your opinion - well, they are delusional at best.

If people preach that they side with talent over situation and then say things like I've seen in this thread, it seriously makes me think that some folks are very hypocritical and / or they simply don't know how to evaluate talent. C.Davis is easily the most talented on this list while his offense and Qb are clearly holding him and his production back. Situations often change. People in the DLF community were very very low on Devante Adams early in his career. I preached patience and was in the minority at the time. Same applies here. People drafting wr early in drafts then giving up on them within a 3 year window for less talented wr's is just simply not a good strategy to win consistently over time.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri May 10, 2019 10:39 am

so for the people buying Corey, what are you willing to pay?

and for the sellers what are you selling for?

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am

and I haven't read a single that says CD doesn't take the nfl serious

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 10, 2019 3:50 pm

ebsteelers wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:39 am so for the people buying Corey, what are you willing to pay?

and for the sellers what are you selling for?
Sounds like Davis is worth an early to mid 1st rounder based off this thread. I'd buy all day for that. To me, there's no question as to whether he can play the position well with the necessary traits. It's just whether or not the QB's can give him the volume necessary to match his talent and skill.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Fri May 10, 2019 4:00 pm

He was pretty overrated coming out of college, got drafted top 5 and his value soared. He's flashed some nice ability at times while stuck on a bad offense but I think its time to give up the hope that he ever becomes an elite option.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Do prefer Harry to Davis as a prospect but it’s close. Because of age Harry gets the nod. Prefer Davis to everyone else by a long shot. Davis will have a very good 2019. He’s already proven and the Titans offense will obviously have a much better season.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:52 pm

The amount of Davis fanboys in this thread spewing their hate is real. He has a sexy name and thats it. Get over it kids.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Corey Davis is LITERALLY the love-child of Jerry Rice’s gamesmanship, Randy Moss’s freak catch-radius, Megatron’s athleticism, & Steve Smith’s YAC.

GTFO if you think he’s not already headed for the Hall.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:52 pm The amount of Davis fanboys in this thread spewing their hate is real. He has a sexy name and thats it. Get over it kids.
So apparently pointing out that CD’s situation has been holding him fantasy hostage while questioning baseless suggestions that he’s a lazy bum is “spewing hate”.

Sounds totally reasonable!
#FreeCoreyDavis

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri May 10, 2019 5:07 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:52 pm The amount of Davis fanboys in this thread spewing their hate is real. He has a sexy name and thats it. Get over it kids.
lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:01 pm Corey Davis is LITERALLY the love-child of Jerry Rice’s gamesmanship, Randy Moss’s freak catch-radius, Megatron’s athleticism, & Steve Smith’s YAC.

GTFO if you think he’s not already headed for the Hall.
Best posts in the entire thread.

Perfectly encapsulates the argument from both sides.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:18 pm

I’ve sunken to new depths. Trolling my own thread now :lol: :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Davis’s market share was 29% last year which is very good and ranks with some of the best. He has had multiple big games. His only issue to date has been a Titans offense not clicking for 2 seasons now. The Titans will be full of tons of fantasy value this season as the majority of fantasy owners have written them off completely despite it being May.