Parris Campbell
5%

Total votes: 216

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Re: Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:11 pm

What would worry me more than anything is that CD is playing fewer snaps as the season progresses. He had a high of 87.5% in Week 4 and now in Week 8 was all the way down to 61.9%.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:52 am The only real thing that differentiates the Titans from circa 1940's football is they got rid of the leather helmets.

Davis has talent but this team fights like the French did at the Battle of Agincourt on Saint Crispin's day!
I'd share the speech about Saint Crispins day here just to reward you for that reference but I dont want to derail this thread - check EBS instead. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:53 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:48 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:52 am The only real thing that differentiates the Titans from circa 1940's football is they got rid of the leather helmets.

Davis has talent but this team fights like the French did at the Battle of Agincourt on Saint Crispin's day!
I'd share the speech about Saint Crispins day here just to reward you for that reference but I dont want to derail this thread - check EBS instead. 8-)
Thanks! 👍
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:38 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:19 am He is the poster child of drafting a player top 2 just because all the sites had him as a top 2 talent and then getting burnt. Always go with your gut and don't feel obligated to take a player you don't really want because he's ranked highly. I will never get stung again like I did with this guy. I was always gonna take Dalvin Cook at #2 but felt obligated to take Davis. Stupid.

The funny thing is I've never touched him in any other league. Only one, where he screwed me the most.
That guy is Nelson Agholor for me. Took him over DJ because the ADP was just so much higher :lol:
But I still think Davis is actually good from what I have seen of him. It took 5 minutes of watching Agholor in the NFL to realize he is a JAG.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:03 am

I think it's a pretty easy take to say Davis is outside the top 5 vs the last class alone. FWIW, I liked Davis coming out of college, but never got a chance to draft him in rookie drafts. I took him in the startup on my team in Sig below, hoping for a 3rd year breakout, but after watching some "tape" of the previous years, and the first few games of the year, I decided I needed to re evaluate how I felt about him coming out of college. He simply doesn't look good in the NFL. He's never going to be a top receiver in this league. He may be a decent complimentary WR, but that's it IMO.

AJB was my top WR in this class, and the time it took him to usurp Davis surprised even me. It's pretty obvious that:

AJB
DK
Terry McLaurin
Hollywood
Deebo

All have the draft capital and have shown enough as rookies to overtake him quite easily.

Then there are players like Slayton. I just feel like my personal evaluation of CD, playing vs bad schools and never doing any athletic testing was skewed by the Titans pick. I thought he'd be a guy I could target a bit later on. I liked him and thought he did enough dominating inferior opponents to justify the idea that a jump up in competition would not overwhelm him, and when the Titans took him top 5, it was confirmation bias for me. I thought, wow, my analysis must be correct, more than I thought. For a while, I thought I was on to something. After a while, I realized I wasn't, and neither were the Titans.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:03 am I think it's a pretty easy take to say Davis is outside the top 5 vs the last class alone. FWIW, I liked Davis coming out of college, but never got a chance to draft him in rookie drafts. I took him in the startup on my team in Sig below, hoping for a 3rd year breakout, but after watching some "tape" of the previous years, and the first few games of the year, I decided I needed to re evaluate how I felt about him coming out of college. He simply doesn't look good in the NFL. He's never going to be a top receiver in this league. He may be a decent complimentary WR, but that's it IMO.
As a (very) biased owner, I hope that some kind of change in scenery could help him out.
Not saying you are wrong in your assesement, but some people really need specific surroundings to thrive. And sometimes a new start to get that confidence going. But by needing that, they can't be viewed as a top WR in NFL, though they could still put up WR1-numbers.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:49 am

Is it just he it does AJB look huge? I can't explain it properly haha, I don't remember him looking this big in college

Not a knock on him, he just looks like he's playing again little kids.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:14 am

AussieMate wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:49 am Is it just he it does AJB look huge? I can't explain it properly haha, I don't remember him looking this big in college

He's always been very stocky. Almost like a RB build. Just over 6 ft but 225.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:49 am

AJ looked like that in college, too. The only thing is that he was so often next to DK and was minimized.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:01 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:19 am He is the poster child of drafting a player top 2 just because all the sites had him as a top 2 talent and then getting burnt. Always go with your gut and don't feel obligated to take a player you don't really want because he's ranked highly. I will never get stung again like I did with this guy. I was always gonna take Dalvin Cook at #2 but felt obligated to take Davis. Stupid.

The funny thing is I've never touched him in any other league. Only one, where he screwed me the most.
He was drafted that high because he was that good coming out. For various reasons it hasn't worked out for him so far, but it's not as if Dalvin Cook didn't have red flags coming out. Davis was a very solid choice to take at the 1.2. You can't say because it didn't work out that he wasn't the right choice, that's not how it works. Just like Trent Richardson was the right choice at 1.1. Just because he didn't work out doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice at the time

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:04 am

AussieMate wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:49 am Is it just he it does AJB look huge? I can't explain it properly haha, I don't remember him looking this big in college

Yeah AJB looks like a beast.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52 am

There's talk above of 5 WR in this class being better than Davis but there's 8 I'd rather have ...
Hollywood, DK, AJB, Deebo, Terry, Diontae, Hardman, Harry

Then you have guys like Preston, Parris, Isabella, Slayton, etc that could pass him, or already have in some people's opinions I bet.

Fwiw, I think Davis is a good WR. Don't think he will ever be fantasy relevant though. Maybe a good depth or bye week fill in, but that's not what most people hoped for when they drafted him

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:59 pm

I'm soooooo happy that I hit the eject button on my final share of Corey Davis. Ya'll can have him.

Maybe he will pull a 5th year breakout like Devante Parker did, but I would rather just take my chances elsewhere.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm

The best hope for Corey Davis is that he leaves and goes to a great offense like Robert Woods did. If he has a similar year to Woods 2nd year in LA, you need to hit the eject button and sell high. Most NFL scouts had him as a solid WR2 but not a true alpha and it looks like they nailed that one.

Corey Davis does everything well, but doesn't do anything great (except for maybe blocking, but that does you no good in FF). I would honestly take any 3rd rounder at this point to get rid of him.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:46 pm

steelman wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:01 am

He was drafted that high because he was that good coming out. For various reasons it hasn't worked out for him so far, but it's not as if Dalvin Cook didn't have red flags coming out. Davis was a very solid choice to take at the 1.2. You can't say because it didn't work out that he wasn't the right choice, that's not how it works. Just like Trent Richardson was the right choice at 1.1. Just because he didn't work out doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice at the time
Hard disagree.

Dynasty people fell for the draft capital but TEN reached on him in the top 5. Just look at where most of the top NFL draft analysts had him that year:

Mayock - WR3, 28 overall
Gil Brandt - WR3, 31 overall
Matt Miller - WR2, 15 overall
Bucky Brooks - WR3
Daniel Jeremiah - WR1, 10 overall
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble