Parris Campbell
5%

Total votes: 216

berserkers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

Postby berserkers » Sat May 11, 2019 11:42 pm

Hard to choose just one from that list, but I would reluctantly take Corey Davis over all of those players.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun May 12, 2019 5:00 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:18 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:54 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Let me look at your sig, ah I see Corey Davis. So you’re a butthurt Davis owner. Let me be clear, I do not in any way hate Corey Davis, his talent, his NFL draft spot, or his mother. I am not trying to dog him in the sense that I don’t see his potential. But what I do hate is the value that his owners say he’s worth. He has done almost nothing to warrant his insulated value. And it’s comical to see the flock of CD owners poorly attempting to rip me because I am simply bringing a different point of view to the discussion.

There is nothing laughable about me hiding where I’ve seen or read details on Davis or anyone for that matter. I have several league mates who stalk me here and I have something they may not have and I’m keeping it that way. If you don’t like that, I simply don’t care.

Davis can be a good not great WR in my opinion. So anyone who’s rushing to shut down a differing opinion can just have a little of this :boohoo:
Davis already is a good WR. He was a back end WR2 last year. IDK what kind of leagues you play in but in mine 23 year old, top 5 NFL draft picks that are already WR2s tend to have very good value. Sounds like you are just upset that you can’t buy him for the price you want.
No. Davis finished as WR 27 in half PPR and WR 26 in full PPR, a high end WR 3. Tyler Boyd was a good WR and finished as WR 17 in half PPR and WR 15 in full PPR and he played in 1 less game (14 for Boyd and 15 for Davis). This is according to fantasypros week 1 thru 16. I highly highly doubt any Davis owner would trade him for Boyd. Yet Boyd has minimal value and Davis hasnt lost any value.
So you take Boyd’s year three season at age 24 and compare it to Davis’ year two season at age 23? Compare both their year two seasons and it should give you an idea of why Davis is worth more than Boyd.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:21 am

ericanadian wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:00 am

Davis already is a good WR. He was a back end WR2 last year. IDK what kind of leagues you play in but in mine 23 year old, top 5 NFL draft picks that are already WR2s tend to have very good value. Sounds like you are just upset that you can’t buy him for the price you want.
No. Davis finished as WR 27 in half PPR and WR 26 in full PPR, a high end WR 3. Tyler Boyd was a good WR and finished as WR 17 in half PPR and WR 15 in full PPR and he played in 1 less game (14 for Boyd and 15 for Davis). This is according to fantasypros week 1 thru 16. I highly highly doubt any Davis owner would trade him for Boyd. Yet Boyd has minimal value and Davis hasnt lost any value.
So you take Boyd’s year three season at age 24 and compare it to Davis’ year two season at age 23? Compare both their year two seasons and it should give you an idea of why Davis is worth more than Boyd.
They are less than 2 months apart. I would characterize them as the same age. Not the biggest fan of Davis, but I would expect him to carry a bit more value than Boyd, whether fair or not.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 12, 2019 8:13 am

The thing about Davis vs Boyd (and I like Boyd a lot), is that Boyd broke out in his 3rd year in the NFL. Davis is entering his 3rd year, so it's apples and oranges in that way. After year 2, people had written Boyd off completely. I literally could not sell him for a 4th in any best ball league. I put him on the block and people would not even part with a 4th for him, so I kept him, and ended up with a 2020 first, most likely top 6 in a SF/TE premium. So Davis owners should definitely hold. He did more through year 2 than Boyd did, although Boyd did come out as a junior. I think this year will show a lot about what Davis will be in the NFL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 12, 2019 8:18 am

Agree Boyd and CD are both solid players. I own CD and definitely holding. Both are targets to buy IMO.

Their age, when they were drafted and the slot they were drafted mean nothing at this point.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:41 am

Im so flipping done with this thread. I didnt say that at all. I said Davis did not have a good season last year, he was not a back end WR 2. Tyler Boyd did have a good season, he was a mid WR 2 and he played in less games. Yet Boyd can be had for so cheap and the price on Davis hasnt budged.

I didnt say Boyd should be worth more. I never once gave my view on their values. I simply keep pointing to facts that those who are Davis truthers refuse to not only accept that his value is not what they think it is, they keep touting to others that Davis is worth some grand amount. But he isnt.

Im one of the biggest Guice fans on this forum. Yet you dont see me touting his value is the same as last year anymore do you? Nope. Ive accepted the fact that the red flags surrounding him are driving down his value for me. However there are those that have their heels dug in firmly that hes worth the 1.01 or more. That foolishness needs to stop, same with the ridiculous Davis love. When the situation improves or he puts up a season that reflects his value, I will change my tune. Till that happens, Davis isnt worth nearly what this forum says. End of discussion. Im out.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 am

I'm not really following this Boyd/Davis thing. Boyd was a skinny, subpar athlete that was not utilized correctly in college who went to a team that didn't need him to be their WR1 or even their WR2 right away. He needed time to grow into what he is today. In contrast, Davis was a bigger, more athletic, more productive in college and was given more opportunity right away in the NFL. Don't see how these two are similar in any way.
YACattack wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:43 am I feel like this is a question of future value because I think present value is probably pretty similar to the highest of the rookies (Harry ). I think Davis has the higher future value ceiling but is obviously the higher risk of value decline because he is at a point that the community views as make or break. Harry’s value and that of other rookies is more insulated. I generally prefer the higher ceiling play but I wouldn’t blame anyone for taking the more insulated lower risk value.
Good point. If Davis doesn't happen this year his value will be in the toilet. Much safer with Harry or even some of the other rookies for that matter.
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Sun May 12, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

YACattack
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby YACattack » Sun May 12, 2019 8:43 am

I feel like this is a question of future value because I think present value is probably pretty similar to the highest of the rookies (Harry ). I think Davis has the higher future value ceiling but is obviously the higher risk of value decline because he is at a point that the community views as make or break. Harry’s value and that of other rookies is more insulated. I generally prefer the higher ceiling play but I wouldn’t blame anyone for taking the more insulated lower risk value.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun May 12, 2019 10:37 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:41 am
Im so flipping done with this thread. I didnt say that at all. I said Davis did not have a good season last year, he was not a back end WR 2. Tyler Boyd did have a good season, he was a mid WR 2 and he played in less games. Yet Boyd can be had for so cheap and the price on Davis hasnt budged.

I didnt say Boyd should be worth more. I never once gave my view on their values. I simply keep pointing to facts that those who are Davis truthers refuse to not only accept that his value is not what they think it is, they keep touting to others that Davis is worth some grand amount. But he isnt.

Im one of the biggest Guice fans on this forum. Yet you dont see me touting his value is the same as last year anymore do you? Nope. Ive accepted the fact that the red flags surrounding him are driving down his value for me. However there are those that have their heels dug in firmly that hes worth the 1.01 or more. That foolishness needs to stop, same with the ridiculous Davis love. When the situation improves or he puts up a season that reflects his value, I will change my tune. Till that happens, Davis isnt worth nearly what this forum says. End of discussion. Im out.
The only facts you have given are that he has been disappointing as a 5th overall pick and that his situation on a bad run first offense with a subpar QB blows. Which nobody has disagreed with.

The rest of your assessment of CD has been all opinion based with zero legs to stand on. The lack of professionalism comment being the most ridiculous which has never been reported or hinted at by either local media or any national media of any kind. That's why you keep moving the goalposts every time you respond in here. I mean with the amount of people that apparently stalk you and your thoughts on here I'm shocked you continue to post.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun May 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:41 am

You didn’t say what at all? You brought up that Boyd outscored Davis last year and then openly wondered why Davis was so highly valued while Boyd was not. I pointed out that you’re comparing year two to year three and that if you compare year two of both receivers, you would see why Davis is worth way more than Boyd. You even state, “I highly highly doubt any Davis owner would trade him for Boyd”. Why state that if not to suggest that Boyd should be at least close in value to Davis, if not equal in value?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 12, 2019 7:59 pm

I hate them both now after liking them both yesterday!

Thanks Obama :wall:

Further; Harry is way overrated and all you people that think he is better than Davis really need your collective heads examined!

DK is the Next Mega Stud!! 🤪🤪
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 pm

I think some owners in this thread still value CD over Juju (or at least say he’s more talented)...so I think there’s zero chance they view Boyd as more valuable than CD lol.

I was gonna wait and ask the CD owner his price during the season, but I might have to ask now just to see what’s in that Kool-aid! Seems to have hooked half the forum, must be nice and addictive

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 pm I think some owners in this thread still value CD over Juju (or at least say he’s more talented)...so I think there’s zero chance they view Boyd as more valuable than CD lol.

I was gonna wait and ask the CD owner his price during the season, but I might have to ask now just to see what’s in that Kool-aid! Seems to have hooked half the forum, must be nice and addictive
I saw Juju go for Davis before the start of last year. I think Davis can be a good NFL WR. Not sure about top end, but I will say that a guy like Golladay in his 2nd year, who had a much better QB situation last year is viewed a lot higher, yet they really did not produce so drastically different.

Davis had 65 catches for 891 yards and 4 TD's on 112 targets
Golladay had 70 catches for 1064 yards and 5 TD's on 118 targets

Catch rate is very similar, but the yards are a little higher for Golladay, who had the better QB (who was also healthier) throwing to him. Golladay is also almost 2 years older. I like Golladay a lot, I'm just saying there 2 seasons weren't that different statistically, and I wonder how they would have fared had you flipped their situations.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Sun May 19, 2019 5:39 pm

I for one am very happy about the Corey Davis kool-aid. Took over an orphan last year and was able to trade Davis for Amari Cooper straight up.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 pm

Golladay's and Davis's stats don't look awfully different on paper, but I believe they finished about 7 spots different in fantasy, with Golladay right at WR 20/21. Typically, the 1000 yard number is a standard metric for WR production, which Golladay broke. However, I think the difference and hype in Golladay comes from watching him play. Outstanding body control, catch radius, and jump ball abilities, are what jump out to me, specifically, and of course the Megatron similarities.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd