mild
Legend
Legend

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby mild » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:56 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:38 pm
notweswelker wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:19 pm
mild wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:37 pm

I'm glad that that's where we're at currently in the discussion - on whether or not he can win "the big one".

He's currently the QB3 in Fantasy. He's in the discussion for League MVP. Hopefully you bought in. If you didn't... then best of luck facing him for the next 5 years in your leagues.

He's going to be a problem.
in 2015 Cam was the QB1. It's 2019 and he'll be lucky to get his starting job back from Kyle Allen.
in 2012 RGIII was the QB5. By 2015 he didn't have a job.
He's going to be screwed once he can't run anymore. Cam is built like a linebacker at 6'5 245.
You think Lamar is magically going to last longer than all the other running qbs before him?

Cash out after this season or next. Or don't.... and be stuck holding the bag.
At some point, if Lamar continues to run like this, he will get hurt. What happens after that, and the way he plays after that, will be the interesting part. He's a decent passer, but his legs help his passing, and make him a threat at QB. I don't think he'll ever be a passer like Wilson, but he will need to find the balance between affecting the game with his legs, staying healthy, and still making some throws. What he's doing now can't last, IMO. Not for years and years.
At some point... I guess some people just want to be proven wrong for many weeks straight before they'll admit that they're seeing something they haven't seen before.

As Collinsworth said tonight - he's proven for years that he can do this in college, and he's proving now he can do it in the pros. He takes hits, yes - but they are no harder than the ones that Andy Dalton and Baker Mayfield are taking right now behind bad lines - in fact, Lamar does a better job avoiding than they ever could, and is rarely blindsided in the back. His field vision, juke, and movement are the best in the league at QB. By. FAR.

I'm glad to be holding this bag. I'm irrational about him, he brings me extreme joy to watch, and no-one in my league will pry him from me for as long as this ride lasts. I expect this will be the same ownership situation for Lamar in every league you're playing in.

If you just plain don't like him because he challenges your paradigm of what a QB should be or do or say or... look like... then that's fine, you don't have to like him. But you're going to become very sick of his name in the next few years, if you're not already.

The point of fantasy is to win. There is very likely a 3-to-5 year window on Lamar right now - at least. With health permitting - he's gonna win you a (fantasy) Superbowl, believe that.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:24 am

This is exactly why I took him in every league I could get my hands on him in rookie drafts last year.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:32 am

Yeah this Is all Jackson..lol.. he is a great rb in a qb position.. scores well all that matters ..no wonder his completion % is high did he throw past the los last night?😂..I think that defense,o line and Ingram did some damage too ..just sayin
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:38 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:32 am Yeah this Is all Jackson..lol.. he is a great rb in a qb position.. scores well all that matters ..no wonder his completion % is high did he throw past the los last night?😂..I think that defense,o line and Ingram did some damage too ..just sayin
Lol watch the game you troll

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:07 am

Say what you want about his passing and long term outlook as a passer, but Lamar just put himself square in the middle of the MVP race after last night.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:07 am Say what you want about his passing and long term outlook as a passer, but Lamar just put himself square in the middle of the MVP race after last night.
Agree, In the NFL and in Fantasy.

Points per game average leads all QB's at 28.4 points with only 1 sub 20 point output.

I will gladly take a 64.3 % completion percentage at 7.6 average with his mad video game running skills.

Last night he completed 73.9% percent of his passes against the top defense in the league and had a QBR of 107.7. 12 and 4 as a NFL starter.

The Ravens are by far one of the most fun teams to watch in the NFL and it is because of one Lamar Jackson. No way anyone could be a fan of football and not be impressed with his ability to slice up a defense.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:25 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:44 am
ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:56 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm

Kyle Boller didn't, Trent Dilfer did.
I wonder if anyone ever won a Madden SB with Boller as their QB. :think:
As a Ravens fan I usually switched him out for Anthony Wright or McNair or even Troy Smith lol
LOL I appreciate the answer. :thumbup: :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:54 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:38 am
Tvols wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:32 am Yeah this Is all Jackson..lol.. he is a great rb in a qb position.. scores well all that matters ..no wonder his completion % is high did he throw past the los last night?😂..I think that defense,o line and Ingram did some damage too ..just sayin
maybe you should.. i did he is a great rb but passer na.. he has a long way to go.. I like the part where he hit his on lineman in the back of the helmet two feet away :D .. Not saying he isnt a great scorer at the QB position and leading his team yes.. but the op says great passer he just isnt and 95% of his passes were around the LOS..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:07 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:54 am
maybe you should.. i did he is a great rb but passer na.. he has a long way to go.. I like the part where he hit his on lineman in the back of the helmet two feet away :D .. Not saying he isnt a great scorer at the QB position and leading his team yes.. but the op says great passer he just isnt and 95% of his passes were around the LOS..
So the best defense weakness is just plugging in a RB who can pass is what you are saying?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:46 am

mild wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:56 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:38 pm
notweswelker wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:19 pm

in 2015 Cam was the QB1. It's 2019 and he'll be lucky to get his starting job back from Kyle Allen.
in 2012 RGIII was the QB5. By 2015 he didn't have a job.
He's going to be screwed once he can't run anymore. Cam is built like a linebacker at 6'5 245.
You think Lamar is magically going to last longer than all the other running qbs before him?

Cash out after this season or next. Or don't.... and be stuck holding the bag.
At some point, if Lamar continues to run like this, he will get hurt. What happens after that, and the way he plays after that, will be the interesting part. He's a decent passer, but his legs help his passing, and make him a threat at QB. I don't think he'll ever be a passer like Wilson, but he will need to find the balance between affecting the game with his legs, staying healthy, and still making some throws. What he's doing now can't last, IMO. Not for years and years.
At some point... I guess some people just want to be proven wrong for many weeks straight before they'll admit that they're seeing something they haven't seen before.

As Collinsworth said tonight - he's proven for years that he can do this in college, and he's proving now he can do it in the pros. He takes hits, yes - but they are no harder than the ones that Andy Dalton and Baker Mayfield are taking right now behind bad lines - in fact, Lamar does a better job avoiding than they ever could, and is rarely blindsided in the back. His field vision, juke, and movement are the best in the league at QB. By. FAR.

I'm glad to be holding this bag. I'm irrational about him, he brings me extreme joy to watch, and no-one in my league will pry him from me for as long as this ride lasts. I expect this will be the same ownership situation for Lamar in every league you're playing in.

If you just plain don't like him because he challenges your paradigm of what a QB should be or do or say or... look like... then that's fine, you don't have to like him. But you're going to become very sick of his name in the next few years, if you're not already.

The point of fantasy is to win. There is very likely a 3-to-5 year window on Lamar right now - at least. With health permitting - he's gonna win you a (fantasy) Superbowl, believe that.
Lamar is a good dual threat QB, but we've seen players similar to him before.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:19 am

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:07 am

So the best defense weakness is just plugging in a RB who can pass is what you are saying?
sure ... he is a great scorer and rb ,qb na .. but then again I believe a QB can pass not a rb behind center.. He is not very good as a passer and if you think so then I m sorry.can he improve sure but History suggest they are who they are.. he will get you good scores for the next couple of years but when it comes down to passing unless he improves greatly he wont be getting the job done. Then again I think football is a team game and i saw more the team last night than i did an outstanding QB..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:27 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:19 am

sure ... he is a great scorer and rb ,qb na .. but then again I believe a QB can pass not a rb behind center.. He is not very good as a passer and if you think so then I m sorry.can he improve sure but History suggest they are who they are.. he will get you good scores for the next couple of years but when it comes down to passing unless he improves greatly he wont be getting the job done. Then again I think football is a team game and i saw more the team last night than i did an outstanding QB..
Pretty amazed so many get locked into what they think makes a good QB.

Lamar is 12-4 and redefining the position within his skill set. Their staff is doing an outstanding job playing to his strengths. Lamar made GREAT reads on a zero blitz for a big gain on 3rd down and dropped a dime on a 4th down throw.

No QB in the league could have made those two plays any better.

My take is if you didn’t see great play last night then you might consider cleaning your glasses.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:27 am

Lamar is 12-4 and redefining the position within his skill set. Their staff is doing an outstanding job playing to his strengths. Lamar made GREAT reads on a zero blitz for a big gain on 3rd down and dropped a dime on a 4th down throw.

My take is if you didn’t see great play last night then you might consider cleaning your glasses.
I agree, people are really dug in on Lamar being a "bad passer" and each week i enjoy seeing them get proven wrong. As a Brady fan i will tell you he has won a ton of championships making the short throws, so idk how thats a bad thing. Also like you said i saw some fantastic stuff from him last night and him not making any major mistakes. Did some balls get batted in the air? Sure but its a great defense, that happens. I think a lot of this is the people who dont like him seeing what they want to see. Id rather have him throw the ball a little high to Mark Andrews, where only andrews can make a play on it then throw it to low where it could get picked. Same thing with the first completion to Marquise Brown. He threw it low where it wasnt going to be picked off but brown could still make a play on it. Last night was a fantastic night for all of us Lamar supporters but the doubters just will never stop, its funny at this point.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:19 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:27 am

I agree that Lamar is playing well, and he doesn't need to be an elite passer with his running skill set. He's a dual threat QB, and a very good one. Jackson isn't "redefining" anything, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick