Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2354
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Ice » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:21 pm

TheNuts wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:43 pm
Truth, Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer.
The real truth is very few around these parts believed Jackson would ever amount to anything passing the ball.

Pass attempts have increased by 20.1 per game and is averaging 30.1 attempts.
Average has increased from 7.1 to a very respectable 7.7 this season
Completion percentage increased from 58.2% to 63.3%

What is really scary is his rushing efficiency has also increased from 4.7 YPC to 6.9 and his rushing attempts have increased from 9.2 to 11.9 per game.

Probably about time for his detractors to at least admit this player is way better than first considered and is certainly not one dimensional.

On side note his Accuracy and Average are better than Goff and Wentz YTD.
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

TheNuts
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 4:56 am

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby TheNuts » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Ice wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:21 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:43 pm
Truth, Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer.
The real truth is very few around these parts believed Jackson would ever amount to anything passing the ball.

Pass attempts have increased by 20.1 per game and is averaging 30.1 attempts.
Average has increased from 7.1 to a very respectable 7.7 this season
Completion percentage increased from 58.2% to 63.3%

What is really scary is his rushing efficiency has also increased from 4.7 YPC to 6.9 and his rushing attempts have increased from 9.2 to 11.9 per game.

Probably about time for his detractors to at least admit this player is way better than first considered and is certainly not one dimensional.

On side note his Accuracy and Average are better than Goff and Wentz YTD.
He has proven me wrong up to this point. I am still not sure he is good enough to win a SB. If the Ravens could get an elite defense around him then maybe.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:59 pm

If Kyle Boller or Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Lamar can.

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3653
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm

Phaded wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:59 pm
If Kyle Boller or Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Lamar can.
Kyle Boller didn't, Trent Dilfer did.

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6990
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm
Phaded wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:59 pm
If Kyle Boller or Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Lamar can.
Kyle Boller didn't, Trent Dilfer did.
Same thing really
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Mostert, Sony, Penny, D. Freeman, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Julio, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Parris, C. Davis, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Jackson
WR: DJM, Chark, Hardman, Mike Will, Diontae, Parris, C. Davis, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2020: 1.07, 1.09, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3653
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm
Phaded wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:59 pm
If Kyle Boller or Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Lamar can.
Kyle Boller didn't, Trent Dilfer did.
Same thing really
For that team sure, the QB was pretty irrelevant, their defense is in the short list for greatest ever and the QB was just along for the ride. Flacco legitimately won the 2nd SB for the Ravens after having one of the best playoff performances ever.

User avatar
mild
Captain
Captain
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby mild » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:37 pm

TheNuts wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:50 pm
He has proven me wrong up to this point. I am still not sure he is good enough to win a SB. If the Ravens could get an elite defense around him then maybe.
I'm glad that that's where we're at currently in the discussion - on whether or not he can win "the big one".

He's currently the QB3 in Fantasy. He's in the discussion for League MVP. Hopefully you bought in. If you didn't... then best of luck facing him for the next 5 years in your leagues.

He's going to be a problem.

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8624
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:56 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm
Phaded wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:59 pm
If Kyle Boller or Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Lamar can.
Kyle Boller didn't, Trent Dilfer did.
I wonder if anyone ever won a Madden SB with Boller as their QB. :think:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:03 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm
Phaded wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:59 pm
If Kyle Boller or Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Lamar can.
Kyle Boller didn't, Trent Dilfer did.
Right, that's who I meant.
Thank you. lol

User avatar
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby notweswelker » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:19 pm

mild wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:37 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:50 pm
He has proven me wrong up to this point. I am still not sure he is good enough to win a SB. If the Ravens could get an elite defense around him then maybe.
I'm glad that that's where we're at currently in the discussion - on whether or not he can win "the big one".

He's currently the QB3 in Fantasy. He's in the discussion for League MVP. Hopefully you bought in. If you didn't... then best of luck facing him for the next 5 years in your leagues.

He's going to be a problem.
in 2015 Cam was the QB1. It's 2019 and he'll be lucky to get his starting job back from Kyle Allen.
in 2012 RGIII was the QB5. By 2015 he didn't have a job.
He's going to be screwed once he can't run anymore. Cam is built like a linebacker at 6'5 245.
You think Lamar is magically going to last longer than all the other running qbs before him?

Cash out after this season or next. Or don't.... and be stuck holding the bag.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14183
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:35 pm

Phaded wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:03 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm
Phaded wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:59 pm
If Kyle Boller or Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Lamar can.
Kyle Boller didn't, Trent Dilfer did.
Right, that's who I meant.
Thank you. lol
Apples and Oranges. Ravens D was awesome back then. The Ravens D that won with Dilfer was arguably the best D of all time.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14183
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:38 pm

notweswelker wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:19 pm
mild wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:37 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:50 pm
He has proven me wrong up to this point. I am still not sure he is good enough to win a SB. If the Ravens could get an elite defense around him then maybe.
I'm glad that that's where we're at currently in the discussion - on whether or not he can win "the big one".

He's currently the QB3 in Fantasy. He's in the discussion for League MVP. Hopefully you bought in. If you didn't... then best of luck facing him for the next 5 years in your leagues.

He's going to be a problem.
in 2015 Cam was the QB1. It's 2019 and he'll be lucky to get his starting job back from Kyle Allen.
in 2012 RGIII was the QB5. By 2015 he didn't have a job.
He's going to be screwed once he can't run anymore. Cam is built like a linebacker at 6'5 245.
You think Lamar is magically going to last longer than all the other running qbs before him?

Cash out after this season or next. Or don't.... and be stuck holding the bag.
At some point, if Lamar continues to run like this, he will get hurt. What happens after that, and the way he plays after that, will be the interesting part. He's a decent passer, but his legs help his passing, and make him a threat at QB. I don't think he'll ever be a passer like Wilson, but he will need to find the balance between affecting the game with his legs, staying healthy, and still making some throws. What he's doing now can't last, IMO. Not for years and years.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

Patsfan86
Captain
Captain
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:34 am

notweswelker wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:19 pm
mild wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:37 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:50 pm
He has proven me wrong up to this point. I am still not sure he is good enough to win a SB. If the Ravens could get an elite defense around him then maybe.
I'm glad that that's where we're at currently in the discussion - on whether or not he can win "the big one".

He's currently the QB3 in Fantasy. He's in the discussion for League MVP. Hopefully you bought in. If you didn't... then best of luck facing him for the next 5 years in your leagues.

He's going to be a problem.
in 2015 Cam was the QB1. It's 2019 and he'll be lucky to get his starting job back from Kyle Allen.
in 2012 RGIII was the QB5. By 2015 he didn't have a job.
He's going to be screwed once he can't run anymore. Cam is built like a linebacker at 6'5 245.
You think Lamar is magically going to last longer than all the other running qbs before him?

Cash out after this season or next. Or don't.... and be stuck holding the bag.
Ok, but most QBs get hurt at one point or another. Injury is an inherent risk for every player at every position. The only injuries i take into account when evaluating players are chronic ones. Im not just gonna sell Lamar on the possibility he will get injured, that just seems like a silly philosophy. Brady tore his ACL in 2008, im sure many people sold then and regretted it. (I know i know, different kind of Qb) Mahomes just dislocated his knee, Brees hand, so many QBs are out this season, it happens. Lamar at this point is still standing and is young. Why on earth would i sell him on the chance, because thats all it is, he will get injured? There are also Running Qbs who have beaten the odds and lasted 8 or so years.

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6990
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:42 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:33 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm


Kyle Boller didn't, Trent Dilfer did.
Same thing really
For that team sure, the QB was pretty irrelevant, their defense is in the short list for greatest ever and the QB was just along for the ride. Flacco legitimately won the 2nd SB for the Ravens after having one of the best playoff performances ever.
Agreed Flacco deserves all of the credit for the 2nd SB
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Mostert, Sony, Penny, D. Freeman, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Julio, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Parris, C. Davis, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Jackson
WR: DJM, Chark, Hardman, Mike Will, Diontae, Parris, C. Davis, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2020: 1.07, 1.09, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6990
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:44 am

ArrylT wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:56 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm
Phaded wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:59 pm
If Kyle Boller or Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, Lamar can.
Kyle Boller didn't, Trent Dilfer did.
I wonder if anyone ever won a Madden SB with Boller as their QB. :think:
As a Ravens fan I usually switched him out for Anthony Wright or McNair or even Troy Smith lol
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Mostert, Sony, Penny, D. Freeman, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Julio, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Parris, C. Davis, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Jackson
WR: DJM, Chark, Hardman, Mike Will, Diontae, Parris, C. Davis, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2020: 1.07, 1.09, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shankopotamus and 39 guests