Minicamp rumblings/standouts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3415
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby sugbear65 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:36 am

For those in TE premium or 2TE, word from Redskin’s camp is Donald Parham making the most of his reps, and showing an early chemistry with Haskins. An uphill climb but may be worth throwing on the watchlist at least, just in case. Not like Washington is overflowing with dependable pass catchers.

TheNuts
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 4:56 am

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby TheNuts » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:51 am

sugbear65 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:36 am
For those in TE premium or 2TE, word from Redskin’s camp is Donald Parham making the most of his reps, and showing an early chemistry with Haskins. An uphill climb but may be worth throwing on the watchlist at least, just in case. Not like Washington is overflowing with dependable pass catchers.
That's a good nugget. One that I missed. I had a chance to take him but I passed on it. I probably should have payed attention to him a little more.

Lumps
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1623
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby Lumps » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:13 pm

Trey Quinn getting a lot love this off season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/re ... rs-back-it
Image

User avatar
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3483
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:47 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:06 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:20 pm


Sources? Is there any credibility to this statement? This is pretty outlandish.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatod ... action/amp

He went in the 16th round of my current startup. I can't find a good video at the moment of the side by side.

He hasn't looked like a legit receiver yet in the NFL. It's easy to take advantage of college players when you are fast as hell. It doesn't mean nearly as much in the pros.
It’s probably worth noting that Chris Johnson didn’t run a 4.24 either. The splits on Usain Bolt’s record 100 meter put him at around a 4.65 at the 40 meter mark. A meter is roughly 10% longer, so theoretically you can chop about 0.4 off and that would put Bolt between 4.2 & 4.25. That said, CJ2K was damn fast and even if you believe Ross was a tick slower, I don’t really get the relevance. How does the difference between being the fastest of all time and maybe top five fastest have any impact on actual football?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.runner ... yard-dash/

Bolt tan a 4.22 in sneakers. No reason to doubts Johnson's 4.24
QB - DWatson(HOU)Winston(TB)Finely(DEN)
RB - TGurley(LAR)DJohnson(ARI)NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)
WR - ODB(NYG)AJ Green(CIN)ACooper (DAL)CDavis(TEN)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Badgley(LAC)
Def - JAGS DET
[rookie] NHarry(NE)MBrown(BAL)Haskins(WAS)

1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2 - 2020's
Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players dont take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 13226
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:36 am

MrUbuto wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:47 pm
ericanadian wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:06 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm


https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatod ... action/amp

He went in the 16th round of my current startup. I can't find a good video at the moment of the side by side.

He hasn't looked like a legit receiver yet in the NFL. It's easy to take advantage of college players when you are fast as hell. It doesn't mean nearly as much in the pros.
It’s probably worth noting that Chris Johnson didn’t run a 4.24 either. The splits on Usain Bolt’s record 100 meter put him at around a 4.65 at the 40 meter mark. A meter is roughly 10% longer, so theoretically you can chop about 0.4 off and that would put Bolt between 4.2 & 4.25. That said, CJ2K was damn fast and even if you believe Ross was a tick slower, I don’t really get the relevance. How does the difference between being the fastest of all time and maybe top five fastest have any impact on actual football?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.runner ... yard-dash/

Bolt tan a 4.22 in sneakers. No reason to doubts Johnson's 4.24
Looks like he had to slow down near the end due to the lack of space after the finish line.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

ericanadian
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4960
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:07 am

MrUbuto wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:47 pm
ericanadian wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:06 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm


https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatod ... action/amp

He went in the 16th round of my current startup. I can't find a good video at the moment of the side by side.

He hasn't looked like a legit receiver yet in the NFL. It's easy to take advantage of college players when you are fast as hell. It doesn't mean nearly as much in the pros.
It’s probably worth noting that Chris Johnson didn’t run a 4.24 either. The splits on Usain Bolt’s record 100 meter put him at around a 4.65 at the 40 meter mark. A meter is roughly 10% longer, so theoretically you can chop about 0.4 off and that would put Bolt between 4.2 & 4.25. That said, CJ2K was damn fast and even if you believe Ross was a tick slower, I don’t really get the relevance. How does the difference between being the fastest of all time and maybe top five fastest have any impact on actual football?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.runner ... yard-dash/

Bolt tan a 4.22 in sneakers. No reason to doubts Johnson's 4.24
So you think Johnson could’ve been a World Class track athlete? Dude finished fourth in the 100 meter in his high school track meet for Florida State.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby ckrumm24 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:39 am

[/quote]

So you think Johnson could’ve been a World Class track athlete? Dude finished fourth in the 100 meter in his high school track meet for Florida State.
[/quote]

Sprinters don’t typically reach top speed until after 40+m fwiw. I assume that CJ2k is just a better starter and doesn’t have the top end speed.
12 team Salary Cap with contracts (4 year max but Franchise/Transition/Restricted FA Tags) 40 man roster + 7 taxi spots / balanced IDP
Can start multiple roster variations (i.e. 3 RB, 2 TE, 2WR all the way to 6 WR) - Basically mirrors real NFL.

<Needs Updated>

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 am

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:48 am

https://twitter.com/DCsportsXP/status/1 ... 8051465216

I'm gonna beat the Terry McLaurin drum till ya'lls ears fall off. This dude is a WR1.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 13226
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:38 am

Lord_Varys wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:48 am
https://twitter.com/DCsportsXP/status/1 ... 8051465216

I'm gonna beat the Terry McLaurin drum till ya'lls ears fall off. This dude is a WR1.
I find it hard to believe that a guy who never really produced in college is going to walk in and be a WR1 with a rookie QB or Case Keenum.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 am

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:38 am
Lord_Varys wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:48 am
https://twitter.com/DCsportsXP/status/1 ... 8051465216

I'm gonna beat the Terry McLaurin drum till ya'lls ears fall off. This dude is a WR1.
I find it hard to believe that a guy who never really produced in college is going to walk in and be a WR1 with a rookie QB or Case Keenum.
Didn't say he'd be a WR1 this year. College production is a correlator of NFL success, but not a cause. McLaurin was extremely productive and efficient with the limited touches he got -- particularly once they replaced a RB with a QB to throw the ball.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 13226
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 am

Lord_Varys wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:11 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:38 am
Lord_Varys wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:48 am
https://twitter.com/DCsportsXP/status/1 ... 8051465216

I'm gonna beat the Terry McLaurin drum till ya'lls ears fall off. This dude is a WR1.
I find it hard to believe that a guy who never really produced in college is going to walk in and be a WR1 with a rookie QB or Case Keenum.
Didn't say he'd be a WR1 this year. College production is a correlator of NFL success, but not a cause. McLaurin was extremely productive and efficient with the limited touches he got -- particularly once they replaced a RB with a QB to throw the ball.
OK, that's a little more plausible.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

hoos89
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3778
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby hoos89 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am

ericanadian wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:06 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:20 pm


Sources? Is there any credibility to this statement? This is pretty outlandish.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatod ... action/amp

He went in the 16th round of my current startup. I can't find a good video at the moment of the side by side.

He hasn't looked like a legit receiver yet in the NFL. It's easy to take advantage of college players when you are fast as hell. It doesn't mean nearly as much in the pros.
It’s probably worth noting that Chris Johnson didn’t run a 4.24 either. The splits on Usain Bolt’s record 100 meter put him at around a 4.65 at the 40 meter mark. A meter is roughly 10% longer, so theoretically you can chop about 0.4 off and that would put Bolt between 4.2 & 4.25. That said, CJ2K was damn fast and even if you believe Ross was a tick slower, I don’t really get the relevance. How does the difference between being the fastest of all time and maybe top five fastest have any impact on actual football?
(a) You can't just convert a 40m split to a 40y split like that. Average speed over 40y would be slightly slower than 40m.
(b) Bolt doesn't reach top end speed until the 2nd half of the race...prior to that he's running more or less with the pack.
(c) You're forgetting that the clock in a 100m race starts with the gun, whereas 40 times start with the runner. BIG difference. Subtract probably 0.15 seconds from Bolt's splits (so if his 40y split was 4.20-4.25, then his actual 40 time would be more like 4.05-4.10).
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Wentz, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins
Jacobs, Michel, D. Harris, Richard, Gaskin
DJ Moore, Sutton, Kupp, Kirk, Deebo, Dorsett, J. Gordon, Lee, Lazard
OJ Howard, Hockenson, Herndon
IR(2): Love, McKinnon
Taxi(4): MVS
2020 Picks: 1.03, 1.05, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 2.03, 2.11, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.03, 5.03

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Ryan, Bridgewater, Tannehill
Gurley, Barber, M. Brown, Miller, McKinnon, Ito, J. Jackson, R. Anderson, Richard, Edmunds
Thomas, Cooks, Watkins, Anderson, Beasley, Foster, Doctson, KeeSean, Lazard, Treadwell
Hooper, Herndon, Witten, Reed
2020 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.10, 2.11

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3392
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:43 am

How are Usain Bolt and CJ2K looking in mini-camp?

Lumps
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1623
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby Lumps » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:43 am
How are Usain Bolt and CJ2K looking in mini-camp?
Yeah and since 40 time is all football is about, I desperately need to know who wins this race so I can draft them 1.1 in a startup.
Image

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 13226
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 am

hoos89 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am
ericanadian wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:06 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm


https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatod ... action/amp

He went in the 16th round of my current startup. I can't find a good video at the moment of the side by side.

He hasn't looked like a legit receiver yet in the NFL. It's easy to take advantage of college players when you are fast as hell. It doesn't mean nearly as much in the pros.
It’s probably worth noting that Chris Johnson didn’t run a 4.24 either. The splits on Usain Bolt’s record 100 meter put him at around a 4.65 at the 40 meter mark. A meter is roughly 10% longer, so theoretically you can chop about 0.4 off and that would put Bolt between 4.2 & 4.25. That said, CJ2K was damn fast and even if you believe Ross was a tick slower, I don’t really get the relevance. How does the difference between being the fastest of all time and maybe top five fastest have any impact on actual football?
(a) You can't just convert a 40m split to a 40y split like that. Average speed over 40y would be slightly slower than 40m.
(b) Bolt doesn't reach top end speed until the 2nd half of the race...prior to that he's running more or less with the pack.
(c) You're forgetting that the clock in a 100m race starts with the gun, whereas 40 times start with the runner. BIG difference. Subtract probably 0.15 seconds from Bolt's splits (so if his 40y split was 4.20-4.25, then his actual 40 time would be more like 4.05-4.10).
100 meters they get to start out of blocks, though, and are on a track with track shoes designed for optimal speed. I'm sure strategy in buildup is different, too though. Can't really compare. However I think Bolt just ran an unofficial 4.22 a few months ago in sneakers and jogging pants at the NFL studios. Also looks like he realized he had to slow up a tad right near the end because there wasn't a lot of room at the end of the track before he'd smash into studio equipment. LOL
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Magamaga, MSN [Bot], zacharyringer12 and 6 guests