Minicamp rumblings/standouts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby jman3134 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:46 am

The intention of this was mainly for spec adds before preseason and some rookie progress reports. Nothing roster shattering here.

Waller to me is the tight end to own in Oakland. I picked him up in addition to Pringle for KC.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:10 pm

TheNuts wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 am
Lumps wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am JJAW is dominating in the red zone. Looks like that talent is going to translate from college.
When trying to determine which nuggets of info are relevant in OTAs and which are fluff, I put something like this into the fluff category. No one can determine how much of a red zone presence he will have until its real game action

Any time one of a player's calling cards shows up in camp as well, it's notable. This is notable because JJAW WAS dominant in the red zone at Stanford.

Likewise, if it was coming out that he was blowing it in the red zone, people would take note.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:14 am "The team (Bears) announced Wednesday that they waived Chris Blewitt, one of the three kickers in minicamp competing for the job."

Well, I guess you could say they gave him an opportunity, and he Blewitt.
:clap: :clap:
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Rishard Matthews apparently making some impressive catches over the last couple of days in NO during his tryout.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:14 am "The team (Bears) announced Wednesday that they waived Chris Blewitt, one of the three kickers in minicamp competing for the job."

Well, I guess you could say they gave him an opportunity, and he Blewitt.
I think you need to get a name change with a last name like that trying out as a kicker. Nothing good can come of it,
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Sammy making the most of his early opportunities sans Tyreek.

"Wide receiver Sammy Watkins had a busy day as the Chiefs began a three-day mini-camp. With the Chiefs practicing without the suspended Tyreek Hill, Watkins was the only wide receiver to catch a pass from Patrick Mahomes in 11-on-11 work except for Demarcus Robinson, who had one reception. Watkins in full team drills had five catches, including the play of the day when he got open deep down the middle to catch a long pass from Mahomes. Watkins also caught two passes from Mahomes in 7-on-7 work and ran a couple of end-arounds that might have gone to Hill had he been participating."

Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff Writer

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41067033-4

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Mahomes also threw 2 picks..
Somehow one of them was to Okafor. lol

I think the Chiefs offense is going to be in for a rude awakening with the loss of Morse & Hill for a while - and then the inevitable Watkins disappointment. Stacked on top of the other concerns.

On the flip side - their defense is hypothetically improved, so maybe they will not need to put up as many points.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Yah, wonder what adjustments Reid will make this season. Obviously sans Hill hurts, but the other 31 teams have had a year to adjust to Mahomes & his tendencies. Some amount of regression had to be expected even if Hill had played.

Hilarious one of the int's went to Okafor. He's a homey - played his high school ball 2 miles down the road.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 pm

I mean, last year the reports were the same. Mahomes was throwing picks and Reid came out and said he would rather Mahomes push the envelope in OTAs rather than in season. I agree there will be adjustment but not sure these camp reports mean much at all.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:53 pm Mahomes also threw 2 picks..

I think the Chiefs offense is going to be in for a rude awakening with the loss of Morse & Hill for a while - and then the inevitable Watkins disappointment. Stacked on top of the other concerns.

On the flip side - their defense is hypothetically improved, so maybe they will not need to put up as many points.
But they've got Damien Williams!
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:53 pm Mahomes also threw 2 picks..

OMG, Mahomes thew 2 picks in a June practice....stop the presses! There was talk last off season about how Mahomes could not protect the ball, throwing picks, he is a gunslinger, the demise of the Chiefs is near, etc...Seriously, this is completely meaningless and the only reason to mention it is it must support a preconceived narrative you have.

Mahomes is also going to be a better QB as he has a year of starting under his belt. Hill will be missed, but Mahomes will adjust. Some people still do not understand what this guy brings to the table. He is not just another young QB who was hot for a streak of games.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 pm

I'm calling it now, Mahomes won't throw for 70 tds. You heard it here first.

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Grudge » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:35 am

jman3134 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:46 am The intention of this was mainly for spec adds before preseason and some rookie progress reports. Nothing roster shattering here.

Waller to me is the tight end to own in Oakland. I picked him up in addition to Pringle for KC.
I was watching Pringle last preseason before he got hurt. Some positive talk about him again this off season. Still have him on my watch list. Think he can over take Robinson for the WR2 duties if Hill is suspended?

I just grabbed Darius Slayton. Also a player who has had some positive news during OTA's. Hopefully carries it over to training camp.
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Allan, Big Ben
RB: Mixon, J. Taylor, Ekeler, R. Jones, Edmonds, D. Harris, Freeman, Gio, K. Hill, Tony Jones
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin, Cooks, Jeudy, Higgins, E. Moore, Callaway, Palmer, Slayton,
TE: Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Tonyan, RSJ, Parham, Albert O
K:
DE: Heyward, Hendrickson, Davenport
LB: Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Mosley, Wilson, Gay,
DB: Byard, Bell, Jenkins

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:28 am

MVS is working at the #2. GMo is the slot guy.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:45 am