Undervalued TEs to target?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Undervalued TEs to target?

Postby ninotoreS » Tue May 07, 2019 1:35 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:03 pm just because a guy is cheap doesn't mean he's a value. I'll be surprised if Moreau doesn't over take Waller sooner rather than later.
He's more than just cheap. 'Practically free' creates the value in this context. I don't much care for Burger King, but if the app gives me a special mobile deal some week enabling me to get a Whopper for 3 cents for a limited time, I'll probably drop by and use it before the coupon expires. 30 grams of protein for free? Sure, why not.

As for Moreau, I don't see a pass-catcher on his tape. He's slow off the line, he doesn't separate from even average linebackers in coverage, he labors into and out of his breaks, and he doesn't attack at the catch-point. Waller isn't the long-term answer at TE in Oakland, but I think the only snaps Foster's likely to take from him will be on blocking downs.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue May 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Gentry is in a nice spot in Pittsburgh.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue May 07, 2019 2:22 pm

With regards to Herndon and opportunity, the Jets were 22nd in passing attempts last year. Yes, Miami was similarly lacking in attempts last year, but in 2017, with Cutler chucking the ball, they were 4th in the league in pass attempts. Even if Herndon doesn’t expand his share of the pie, there’s some reason to be hopeful that said pie expands.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue May 07, 2019 2:24 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:46 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:26 pm I’m red hot for Kahale Warring.
Are you anticipating '19 relevance?
Hopeful. I like the talent and love the landing spot. Texans seem to have been searching for a big time TE for the past few years. I think they'll use him a lot there if he's any good.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue May 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Cheap Immediate Production
1. Darren Waller, OAK - Cook is gone, the depth chart is wide open, by all accounts he's getting the first crack at the starting job, and Gruden showed that he likes to utilize a TE. Plus Waller was a pretty intriguing player coming out and is a freak athlete for the TE position. I think Moreau eventually takes over but he's not ready to contribute right now.

2. Jason Witten, DAL - his last season Witten had 63/560/5. Not great by any stretch but fine if you're trying to get by at TE in PPR. Depth chart is still wide open there at TE and he has a rapport with Dak. I don't think he'd come back if they were planning on benching him for Schultz or Jarwin.

Young Stashes
1. Hayden Hurst, BAL; Mike Gesicki, MIA - pretty much any 2nd year TE that struggled can fit here. We know that rookie TEs struggle to produce yet the value of these guys still decreases going into year 2.

2. Tier 3 Rookie TEs: Kahale Warring, Jace Sternberger, Josh Oliver, Dawson Knox - this group is one of my favorite values in drafts right now. This TE class is great and all 4 have decent draft capital as round 3 picks. Plus you can get these guys in the 3rd round at the most and even into the 4th round. All 3 also have lots of opportunity to immediate contribute with the exception of Sternberger who might be stuck behind Graham for a season or two.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Tue May 07, 2019 5:03 pm

Anybody still believe in Jonnu Smith? Seems like Walker is gonna make it back this year in his age 35 season.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue May 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Josh Oliver is a good mention. Forgot about him.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 08, 2019 4:09 am

Maybe Heuerman or Jake Butt over in Denver? Flacco has shown an affinity for the position and the zone read often incorporates the TE a fair bit. Sure, Fant is probably going to be taking over, but that’s likely a year away or more.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:51 am

pvillebiker wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:03 pm Anybody still believe in Jonnu Smith? Seems like Walker is gonna make it back this year in his age 35 season.
Holding Smith at my TE3 behind Burton and Shaheen. Looking to pick up TE in draft, too.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 08, 2019 10:12 am

I'm surprised Delanie Walker hasn't been mentioned. Sure, he'll be 35 coming off an awful looking injury, but he led the Titans in targets for 3 of his last 4 seasons. Even if you have concerns about that offense and Mariota, Walker still consistently produced high-end TE1 with him.

He's as high a floor as you'll find at the position and plays every down. I think he's a lock for 100 targets and he costs next to nothing right now.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed May 08, 2019 10:54 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:12 am I'm surprised Delanie Walker hasn't been mentioned. Sure, he'll be 35 coming off an awful looking injury, but he led the Titans in targets for 3 of his last 4 seasons. Even if you have concerns about that offense and Mariota, Walker still consistently produced high-end TE1 with him.

He's as high a floor as you'll find at the position and plays every down. I think he's a lock for 100 targets and he costs next to nothing right now.
:shh: Shhh :P
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Thu May 09, 2019 4:18 am

If I thought anyone would take it seriously and his value would increase I wouldn't post this but - buy Gerald Everett
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 5:46 am

FuzzySignificance wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:18 am If I thought anyone would take it seriously and his value would increase I wouldn't post this but - buy Gerald Everett
I agree.
And already ahead of you on that one.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Ben Watson came out of retirement to sign with the Patriots. IDK. I probably wouldn't touch him.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 10, 2019 1:16 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:32 pm Ben Watson came out of retirement to sign with the Patriots. IDK. I probably wouldn't touch him.
For a one year rental I sure would
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts