Stop calling Sammy Watkins a stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Sammy Watkins - Hold or Sell?

Postby maxhyde » Fri May 24, 2019 9:52 am

hoos89 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:57 am
murphysxm wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:20 am Take the injury equation out of things, let's only look at games Sammy actually played football in. For his career, including the magical 2015 year, Sammy averages 3.74 catches, 57.6 yards and .45 TD's per game. THAT IS NOT ELITE.

Sammy is a borderline WR 2/3 that consistently gets valued as a low end WR1. He's not, even when he is healthy.

Everybody has their opinions on him and Hill playing or not likely will change nothing for people's perceptions
I haven't seen Sammy valued as a top 12 dynasty WR since he first broke his foot. Current valuations are more like low WR2.
I'd agree. However he still gets an age bonus added because he is still pretty young even with his years in the league. So those late 1sts may not be enough. Most owners that have him now have believed in him and probably are more likely to hold than sell for "fair" pricing
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue May 28, 2019 6:47 pm

I am holding at the moment just because I really liked watching him during his rookie year .. I've noticed in some cases the hype seems so overblown, especially when it comes from the player, like I'm so ready, feel like I did when I came out of college .. etc.. in these cases, I usually sell, I feel I SHOULD sell .. this may very well be the last peak value we see for him.

What makes it difficult is that he is tied to Mahomes .. so selling Sammy is selling your piece to the new QB phenom ...
@PlankMelody

sconnie21
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sconnie21 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:50 pm

I traded sammy for 1.8 (turned into metcalf) and a 2021 second prior to the hill news. In a 12 team ppr start 1 qb league. I think that was by far tops id get then though. Seems like a fair type ask now if you want to bail to on sammy.
12 team dynasty ppr (qb rb wr wr we/te te fx fx df) ...... 27 man rosters and switch to superflex in 25

Qb Anthony Richardson, Derek Carr, Bryce Young, Trey Lance, Herndon Hooker, Malik Willis
Rb - Ken Walker, pollard, Stevenson, Aaron Jones, Dillon,
Wr - D Smith, Higgins, Nacua, Dell, Jeudy, JSN, Addison, Jameson Williams, Dotson , Copeland,
Te - pitts, Njoku, Kraft
D - packers,

2024 2.6 3.1 3.2 3.3 4.3
2025 7 firsts and 7 seconds 2 thirds
2026 6 firsts and 6 seconds

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:10 am

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:53 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:10 am https://www.kctv5.com/sports/kansas_cit ... d54ee.html

Good for Watkins. :)
Didn’t Watkins pull a hammy trying to “fake tackle” a kid?

Haha. But good on him.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Chris_R wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:26 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:20 pm Man I loved Sammy when he came out, I grabbed him in a couple leagues. But I sold my shares years ago during one of the sell high windows, and have never attempted to re-attain his services.
I am feeling the pull now though, would like to own him somewhere. My only fear is that I’ve waited too long. I know he’s considered a value to some, but it seems like the cat is out of the bag in my leagues. If the value I’m seeing on him in my leagues is indicative of his general perceived value, then I think Sammy is turning from a buy to a sell pretty quickly, maybe even by the time I finish typing these words.
I've still got shares left still and still think it would be a good window to try and buy. Sure his value is higher than it was pre Tyreek Hill suspension but imo it's nowhere near what it'll be next off season because that's going to be the sell window. Or during the season when he has a 25 point game. I just feel like without Hunt and Hill taking up targets, + growth in Mahomes is going to mean Watkins as the #1 should pretty easily post top 15 WR numbers. I'm also operating under the assumption Hill won't be playing for KC this year, I don't think they can survive any additional backlash considering they knew the history of Hill before the draft and also have had some stains on personnel moves.
Source??
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:54 am

https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-c ... ith-chiefs

So the author poses a question but doesnt seem to have an answer ... but it is a nice fluff piece regardless.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:32 am

If the rumours about Tyreek Hill back in line for an extension again - that may put some pause on Watkins value - rendering him more hold than buy in many owners eyes. Obviously if you're not sold on on Watkins, this is nothing new, since you were more focused on D. Robinson or B. Pringle instead.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:32 am If the rumours about Tyreek Hill back in line for an extension again - that may put some pause on Watkins value - rendering him more hold than buy in many owners eyes. Obviously if you're not sold on on Watkins, this is nothing new, since you were more focused on D. Robinson or B. Pringle instead.
True - it's interesting watching the volatility of Sammy's dynasty stock and its correlation with the daily Tyreek "will he/won't he" be back this season.

BTW - I grabbed Pringle in the 5th/rookie draft yesterday in one of my leagues. Surprised more aren't higher on him yet. A Waldman favorite, great talent, and situation is shaping up for an opportunity with weak competition for playing time alongside Watkins & Kelce.

I could be wroing, but this one feels like the Chiefs testing the PR waters and floating extension possibilities thru their press allies.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 am
ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:32 am If the rumours about Tyreek Hill back in line for an extension again - that may put some pause on Watkins value - rendering him more hold than buy in many owners eyes. Obviously if you're not sold on on Watkins, this is nothing new, since you were more focused on D. Robinson or B. Pringle instead.
True - it's interesting watching the volatility of Sammy's dynasty stock and its correlation with the daily Tyreek "will he/won't he" be back this season.

BTW - I grabbed Pringle in the 5th/rookie draft yesterday in one of my leagues. Surprised more aren't higher on him yet. A Waldman favorite, great talent, and situation is shaping up for an opportunity with weak competition for playing time alongside Watkins & Kelce.

I could be wroing, but this one feels like the Chiefs testing the PR waters and floating extension possibilities thru their press allies.
Yeah that is one of the most interesting thing about the off-season is seeing narratives come & go and players values rise & fall all based on projection & speculation. I have seen a lot of buzz for Pringle lately and he is getting drafted in startups or grabbed off of waiver wires left & right. Only time will tell if this pans out - but I have always been an advocate of people taking shots on flyers they believe in. So while I currently have no shares, I definitely wont begrudge anyone who (a) does have a share or (b) is able to benefit from this.

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:12 pm

I bought Sammy for a 2021 first with a conditional being that if he finishes next year as a WR1, then I kick in a 2022 first as well. I figured it’s worth that gamble for a first that far out. If he finishes as WR1 next year I think a 2021 and 2022 first is more than worth it.
Team 1
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:15 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 amBTW - I grabbed Pringle in the 5th/rookie draft yesterday in one of my leagues. Surprised more aren't higher on him yet. A Waldman favorite, great talent, and situation is shaping up for an opportunity with weak competition for playing time alongside Watkins & Kelce.
Pringle is a decent flier but people need to stop acting like Waldman is some WR guru.
His hit rate is actually atrocious.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:37 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:15 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 amBTW - I grabbed Pringle in the 5th/rookie draft yesterday in one of my leagues. Surprised more aren't higher on him yet. A Waldman favorite, great talent, and situation is shaping up for an opportunity with weak competition for playing time alongside Watkins & Kelce.
Pringle is a decent flier but people need to stop acting like Waldman is some WR guru.
His hit rate is actually atrocious.
true, he's a much better RB guru.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:13 pm

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/7/6 ... ing-season

Article that breaks down a Pro-Football Focus article that likes Sammy Watkins (in 2019).

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Sammy is fools gold. If i owned anywhere id be selling like crazy.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff