Terry McLaurin

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby badbuddah » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Sounds like you guys are sky high on Terry. So at this point, is he already at the value of a say, Kupp? Or any other WR2? I guess what I mean is, if you were able to say, trade him and shuster for Adams, do you pull the trigger on it? Just trying to gauge where you all see him.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:10 pm

badbuddah wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:58 pm Sounds like you guys are sky high on Terry. So at this point, is he already at the value of a say, Kupp? Or any other WR2? I guess what I mean is, if you were able to say, trade him and shuster for Adams, do you pull the trigger on it? Just trying to gauge where you all see him.
Kupp is a WR1

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:52 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:10 pm
badbuddah wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:58 pm Sounds like you guys are sky high on Terry. So at this point, is he already at the value of a say, Kupp? Or any other WR2? I guess what I mean is, if you were able to say, trade him and shuster for Adams, do you pull the trigger on it? Just trying to gauge where you all see him.
Kupp is a WR1
I was going to say the same thing.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:58 am

Agree that Krupp is already a WR1.

That said, while I would not move JuJu and McLaurin to get Adams personally, these are the type of trades we will start seeing because McLaurin’s value is ascending at a rate much faster than most if not all rookies at this point.

It’s not so much being sky high on the player as much as his production is certainly impressive.

What is obvious is McLaurin is clearly the best asset on the Redskins through the first 3 weeks of the season.

What we haven’t seen are teams trying to take him away with coverage schemes to a large degree but they will. Teams are sliding the their best DB his way and so far that hasn’t worked out so well due to his polished route skills.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Will Terry McLaurin be back this week? Looks to be a rough matchup so I wouldnt be surprised if they hold him out 1 more week.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:07 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 pm Will Terry McLaurin be back this week? Looks to be a rough matchup so I wouldnt be surprised if they hold him out 1 more week.
I wouldn't be surprised either. I am surprised that Colt McCoy is starting though. Guess they didn't want to throw Haskins to the wolves for his first start.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Not to hijack the post, but few people respond in player to player threads.

Curious to know why there is such a gap in perceptions and ranks regarding McLaurin and DJ Chark?

Chark has been the #1 target in Jax, TDs in 1st 3 games and had one called back last week by penalty. Great measurables and producing in only his 2nd year.

Why is McLaurin valued so much higher?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:39 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm Not to hijack the post, but few people respond in player to player threads.

Curious to know why there is such a gap in perceptions and ranks regarding McLaurin and DJ Chark?

Chark has been the #1 target in Jax, TDs in 1st 3 games and had one called back last week by penalty. Great measurables and producing in only his 2nd year.

[/quote
I think an early NFL breakout means something.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:18 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:39 pm
jetsfan5757 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm Not to hijack the post, but few people respond in player to player threads.

McLaurin is one year older than DJ Chark

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:30 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:18 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:39 pm

McLaurin is one year older than DJ Chark
Didn't even realize McLaurin was older. I was just going to point out that Chark isn't old... 2nd year is still pretty early.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:56 pm

Recency bias combined with a rookie far out performing his draft stock.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Postby davieglove34 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:04 pm

I may be biased (Redskins fan) and McLaurin owner (drafted him at 2.08 in my rookie draft), but there's been nothing but a steady stream of positivity from the 'Skins coaching staff about McLaurin since OTAs. They released former 1st rd pick Josh Doctson because of their confidence in him. He's a very smart football player with a high football IQ, and he supposedly has learned all 3 of the Redskins receiving positions, which can allow him to play anywhere in the offense at receiver, or fill in for injuries. He's already shown his 4.3 speed (week 1 TD against the Eagles) and he's also not afraid to make contested catches (week 3 TD against the Bears). I don't think the inevitable QB change to Dwayne Haskins will be much of an issue since Haskins was his college QB, and he's already had success with Case Keenum. Finally, while Tre Quinn is a nice idea, the reality is that the 'Skins have very few potent offensive weapons. Paul Richardson isn't a true WR1, Tre Quinn has been a disappointment based off of his preseason hype, Derrius Guice AND Chris Thompson can't stay healthy, AP is 34-years old, and Jordan Reed may never be able to play football again. I don't think any of that's going to change drastically in the near future, and as a result, McLaurin's been getting force-fed targets. He may never be a stud WR1 in fantasy, but if Dwayne Haskins develops, I think he's got the potential to be similar to Stefon Diggs. If not, I think he could still be an Emmanuel Sanders-type, decent WR2 with some big weeks mixed in.
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

QB: Josh Allen / Geno Smith

RB: Austin Ekeler / Saquon Barkley / Joe Mixon / Kareem Hunt / Leonard Fournette / D’Onta Foreman

WR: Tyreek Hill / Justin Jefferson / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Jaxon Smith-Njigba / Odell Beckham Jr. / Demarcus Robinson / Darius Slayton

TE: George Kittle / Taysom Hill / Noah Fant

D/ST: 49ers

K: Tyler Bass

IR: Kendrick Bourne

Taxi: Zamir White / Cedric Tillman / Sean Tucker

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:
2026: 1st / 3rd / 3rd

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 pm

davieglove34 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:04 pm I may be biased (Redskins fan) and McLaurin owner (drafted him at 2.08 in my rookie draft), but there's been nothing but a steady stream of positivity from the 'Skins coaching staff about McLaurin since OTAs. They released former 1st rd pick Josh Doctson because of their confidence in him. He's a very smart football player with a high football IQ, and he supposedly has learned all 3 of the Redskins receiving positions, which can allow him to play anywhere in the offense at receiver, or fill in for injuries. He's already shown his 4.3 speed (week 1 TD against the Eagles) and he's also not afraid to make contested catches (week 3 TD against the Bears). I don't think the inevitable QB change to Dwayne Haskins will be much of an issue since Haskins was his college QB, and he's already had success with Case Keenum. Finally, while Tre Quinn is a nice idea, the reality is that the 'Skins have very few potent offensive weapons. Paul Richardson isn't a true WR1, Tre Quinn has been a disappointment based off of his preseason hype, Derrius Guice AND Chris Thompson can't stay healthy, AP is 34-years old, and Jordan Reed may never be able to play football again. I don't think any of that's going to change drastically in the near future, and as a result, McLaurin's been getting force-fed targets. He may never be a stud WR1 in fantasy, but if Dwayne Haskins develops, I think he's got the potential to be similar to Stefon Diggs. If not, I think he could still be an Emmanuel Sanders-type, decent WR2 with some big weeks mixed in.
Diggs and Manny Sanders aren't WR2s.

They're WR1 talents stuck in bad offenses with bad QBs.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:26 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 pm
davieglove34 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:04 pm I may be biased (Redskins fan) and McLaurin owner (drafted him at 2.08 in my rookie draft), but there's been nothing but a steady stream of positivity from the 'Skins coaching staff about McLaurin since OTAs. They released former 1st rd pick Josh Doctson because of their confidence in him. He's a very smart football player with a high football IQ, and he supposedly has learned all 3 of the Redskins receiving positions, which can allow him to play anywhere in the offense at receiver, or fill in for injuries. He's already shown his 4.3 speed (week 1 TD against the Eagles) and he's also not afraid to make contested catches (week 3 TD against the Bears). I don't think the inevitable QB change to Dwayne Haskins will be much of an issue since Haskins was his college QB, and he's already had success with Case Keenum. Finally, while Tre Quinn is a nice idea, the reality is that the 'Skins have very few potent offensive weapons. Paul Richardson isn't a true WR1, Tre Quinn has been a disappointment based off of his preseason hype, Derrius Guice AND Chris Thompson can't stay healthy, AP is 34-years old, and Jordan Reed may never be able to play football again. I don't think any of that's going to change drastically in the near future, and as a result, McLaurin's been getting force-fed targets. He may never be a stud WR1 in fantasy, but if Dwayne Haskins develops, I think he's got the potential to be similar to Stefon Diggs. If not, I think he could still be an Emmanuel Sanders-type, decent WR2 with some big weeks mixed in.

Disagree. They've had their entire careers to assert themselves. Diggs had almost 150 targets last year and barely cracked 1000 yards. At some point, the talent needs to assert itself. The fact that Diggs isn't the focal point of the Vikings pass offense should tell you something. He's not even considered the WR1 on his own team. He's a WR2. Diggs is a bit soft. He's a really good route runner with good hands, but he's not an alpha WR. He's has outplayed his draft status, but has been overvalued in Dynasty for some time. He's a really good 2 on a team. He's not a guy who will be winning week in week out as the 1 on his team.

Sanders has been a 2 or 3 most of his career, an put up some great numbers because Peyton Manning elevated him. He was a good WR with an all time great, and he was a WR 1 in that brief period, but he's never shown it devoid of the perfect situation. However, he still wasn't the WR1 on his own team during that period. DT was. Manning supported that much production. Sanders has been the 1 on his team over the last little bit, but has not put up WR1 numbers, and Sutton is now usurping him due to age.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:26 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Disagree. They've had their entire careers to assert themselves. Diggs had almost 150 targets last year and barely cracked 1000 yards. At some point, the talent needs to assert itself. The fact that Diggs isn't the focal point of the Vikings pass offense should tell you something. He's not even considered the WR1 on his own team. He's a WR2. Diggs is a bit soft. He's a really good route runner with good hands, but he's not an alpha WR. He's has outplayed his draft status, but has been overvalued in Dynasty for some time. He's a really good 2 on a team. He's not a guy who will be winning week in week out as the 1 on his team.
Sanders was 3rd string behind Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown then put up 1400 yards the first and only year he was a starter and had strong QB play. He's also able to shred top tier cover corners and is still going strong despite being a 32 year old speedster.

Severely underrated talent.

Diggs hasn't been able to show that talent for a full season yet, and he's struggled with hamstring injuries throughout his career. When he's on the field he's a top tier talent, imo. But I can understand if you want to downgrade him due to how often he's injured/plays hurt.