Terry McLaurin

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby Bot101 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Ok so I am late to the party. I bought in. Sent Royce Freeman for him in my home league, and in my second dynasty SF league I sent what I project to be a late 2nd for him. So I hope theres room for me to jump on his train. Enough opinions I respect on here a couple pods and Twitter are all touting him.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:05 am

He's looking very Terry Glenn / Jeremy maclin esq.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:03 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 pm Ok so I am late to the party. I bought in. Sent Royce Freeman for him in my home league, and in my second dynasty SF league I sent what I project to be a late 2nd for him. So I hope theres room for me to jump on his train. Enough opinions I respect on here a couple pods and Twitter are all touting him.
I think trading Freeman was a big mistake

Broncos seem to be drifting and its hurting his value. If they can right that offense he's a stud
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:03 am
Bot101 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 pm Ok so I am late to the party. I bought in. Sent Royce Freeman for him in my home league, and in my second dynasty SF league I sent what I project to be a late 2nd for him. So I hope theres room for me to jump on his train. Enough opinions I respect on here a couple pods and Twitter are all touting him.
I think trading Freeman was a big mistake

Broncos seem to be drifting and its hurting his value. If they can right that offense he's a stud
Cecil Lammey saying it's looking like they will be getting him the ball more, or at least the coaches are talking like that's the plan.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am

Cecil Lammey saying it's looking like they will be getting him the ball more, or at least the coaches are talking like that's the plan.
Lammey's been touting Freeman for quite awhile now and we've seen what has happened so far on the field not corresponding. Not saying he's wrong; but, based on the track record so far I'll believe it when I see it.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:28 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:08 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am

Lammey's been touting Freeman for quite awhile now and we've seen what has happened so far on the field not corresponding. Not saying he's wrong; but, based on the track record so far I'll believe it when I see it.
Yeah, but he's been accurate. He said Freeman was going to get the ball more than he did last year in relation to his split with Lindsay, and said Lindsay was still going to be used, but not as much as before. Through 2 games, it's basically 50/50, so he was right. Royce having 5 reception and 7 targets last week was very encouraging. Now he's saying Royce may get the ball even more, so I am inclined to believe him.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:46 pm

I sent out an offer for him: McLaurin for a 2020 2nd round pick.. and was rejected. I was a bit surprised tbh, thought that was an overpay at this point.

So what's his value to you guys?

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:46 pm I sent out an offer for him: McLaurin for a 2020 2nd round pick.. and was rejected. I was a bit surprised tbh, thought that was an overpay at this point.

Saw a poll on twitter that had hundreds of votes - at least half of the votes chose either: "2020 1st" or "2020 1st +"

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:46 pm I sent out an offer for him: McLaurin for a 2020 2nd round pick.. and was rejected. I was a bit surprised tbh, thought that was an overpay at this point.

Saw a poll on twitter that had hundreds of votes - at least half of the votes chose either: "2020 1st" or "2020 1st +"
Wow, the hype train has gotten out of control with him I guess.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:34 pm

themburns wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:24 am I don't think McLaurin is in the same tier as Michael Thomas as a prospect, but his numbers in college suffered for the same reason. Meyer's offense preferred to stretch the field horizontally to open up running lanes, and the WRs from OSU just didn't get opportunities for the most part until this season. JT Barrett's arm strength was awful, and in Barrett's senior season (2017) he only completed 28% of his passes that traveled 21+ yards in the air. He simply could not take advantage of the kind of speed either of Campbell or McLaurin provided.

(...) I'm taking a shot all day on Day 2 prospects at WR that I can snag in the middle of the 3rd in most rookie drafts, doubly so when the depth chart is so barren in front of them. Would take a mid 2nd to pry him from me at this point.
McLaurin was gone in the late 2nd in sharp leagues by May. He's had a great camp and first two games of the season since then, and the depth chart is wide open in front of him. You aren't getting him for a 2nd at this point.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:44 pm

themburns wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:34 pm

themburns wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:24 am I don't think McLaurin is in the same tier as Michael Thomas as a prospect, but his numbers in college suffered for the same reason. Meyer's offense preferred to stretch the field horizontally to open up running lanes, and the WRs from OSU just didn't get opportunities for the most part until this season. JT Barrett's arm strength was awful, and in Barrett's senior season (2017) he only completed 28% of his passes that traveled 21+ yards in the air. He simply could not take advantage of the kind of speed either of Campbell or McLaurin provided.

(...) I'm taking a shot all day on Day 2 prospects at WR that I can snag in the middle of the 3rd in most rookie drafts, doubly so when the depth chart is so barren in front of them. Would take a mid 2nd to pry him from me at this point.
McLaurin was gone in the late 2nd in sharp leagues by May. He's had a great camp and first two games of the season since then, and the depth chart is wide open in front of him. You aren't getting him for a 2nd at this point.
He was definitely a mid 3rd in FFPC Leagues until August.

The hype train + success in a small sample size is clouding everyones judgement.

I wont say its impossible that he deserves the hype, but he hasnt proven it yet and weve seen wuite a few flash in the pans fall back down to earth after a hot start

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:11 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:44 pm
themburns wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:34 pm

He was definitely a mid 3rd in FFPC Leagues until August.

The hype train + success in a small sample size is clouding everyones judgement.

I wont say its impossible that he deserves the hype, but he hasnt proven it yet and weve seen wuite a few flash in the pans fall back down to earth after a hot start
I think where FFPC is concerned, each team only keeping 16 means the draft is full of relevant FAs, and that pushes prospects down. Mizelle's data had McLaurin as a high 3rd from May on.

As far as what is proven and what is not, I suppose that is about the level of risk each owner is comfortable with. That being said, you were looking to buy, and most owners paid 2nds or 3rds. Doesn't make sense to trade him back in for another lotto ticket, trading a year of production off hoping that 2nd rounder does what McLaurin already has.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:30 pm

It’s not Hype!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:07 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 pm

It’s not Hype!
It's production in a very small sample size. a 2020 first plus has hype factored in. The idea he can consistently do it. To put the player at a first plus in a really strong class due to 2 games has some element of hype to it.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:07 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 pm

It’s not Hype!
It's production in a very small sample size. a 2020 first plus has hype factored in. The idea he can consistently do it. To put the player at a first plus in a really strong class due to 2 games has some element of hype to it.
When you add to this that he wasnt productive in college and realize his valuation at a 20201st is entirely predicated on his athleticism + training camp + 2 games of production with little target competition... then you have to realize a lot of his value is made up of hype.