Terry McLaurin

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:30 am

Terry McLaurin

Postby DynastyDabbler » Thu May 02, 2019 7:02 pm

How do you guys feel about McLaurin? Will he out produce Harmon? And where is he going in rookie drafts? I just grabbed him at 4.01 I feel like his connection with Haskins could carry over to the NFL.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3158
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:55 am

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby whodunnit » Thu May 02, 2019 7:15 pm

I'm surprised he was there at 4.01 honestly. I admittedly need to watch more tape on him before I form an opinion (I watched one game and wasn't impressed though)

Pairing him with Haskins definitely doesn't hurt. Apparently Haskins tweeted out asking whoever drafted him to draft one of his guys from Ohio and they actually did it, that also speaks well to McLaurin's path to playing time, IMO. He's got the tools, and he should get the opportunity. As much as I like Harmon, I do think McLaurin is the better pick-up, but it's mostly because I think he can actually be had later. He should outproduce Harmon, at least year one.
Carr Darnold Manning Haskins Bortles
Kamara Mack Breida Gio Gore AP Richard Ware Booker Gaskin Barnes Hill D. Thompson Ozigbo
AB KA Cooks M.Williams Moore Ross Isabella R.Ridley Renfrow Morgan Wims
Hurst Gesicki Everett Heuerman Uzoma Williams Waller Oliver
Harris Heyward Ingram JPP Tuitt Williams Winovich
Chubb Mack Miller Schobert Dupree Kerrigan Judon J.Brown
J.Jones Awuzie Lattimore Hargreaves Ramsey Ward E.Jackson

DLF Early Bird Special
Brady Manning Fitz Smith Hill
Zeke Cohen Gordon Hyde Booker Rawls Mattison
Cooks Fitz Chark J. Brown Jeffery Johnson Boykin Morgan
Engram Uzomah Anderson Knox

Krypto_King
Captain
Captain
Posts: 828
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby Krypto_King » Thu May 02, 2019 8:01 pm

yeah I think he'll outproduce a 6th round pick. 4th round seems fine but I think he's a role player long-term

koalabear
Captain
Captain
Posts: 853
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:12 am

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby koalabear » Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 pm

He might gain in value after year one as he should have an immediate connection with Haskins so he should get plenty of playing time. He looks like a neat, detailed route runner to me.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 5
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Guice, Michel, Sanders
WR: JuJu, Allen, Hilton, Woods, Fuller, Anderson
TE: Irv Smith, Doyle
2020: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr3
QB: Wilson, Jackson, Brady
RB: Lindsay, Ingram, Michel, Harris, Hines, Singletary
WR: Adams, Diggs, Lockett, Shepard, Campbell, JJAW
TE: Fant, Dissly, McDonald, Seals-Jones
2020: 4th

User avatar
slaughterrt
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3952
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby slaughterrt » Sat May 04, 2019 4:18 pm

I mean really who is standing in his way?

Doctson?
Richardson?
Mr Irrelevant?
Harmon?

This WR group is wide open and I don’t see any reason McLaurin can’t carve out a role if he is even halfway decent. Here’s hoping, as I drafted him at 3.15 in a superflex.

User avatar
Forza_Azzurri
Starter
Starter
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:52 am

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat May 04, 2019 6:49 pm

slaughterrt wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:18 pm
I mean really who is standing in his way?

Doctson?
Richardson?
Mr Irrelevant?
Harmon?

This WR group is wide open and I don’t see any reason McLaurin can’t carve out a role if he is even halfway decent. Here’s hoping, as I drafted him at 3.15 in a superflex.
It’s a draft capital problem ... he could outperform all other Redskin WRs, but if he doesn’t outperform them to basically a Pro Bowl level, then the Skins are likely to add a true WR1 next year.

16 Team PPR | QB (1) RB (2-4) WR (2-5) TE (1-2) K (1)| DT (1-2) DE (2-4) LB (2-5) CB (3-6) S (2-5)

|QB| R. Wilson, J. Allen, D. Carr, D. Lock (IR), E. Stick (taxi)
|RB| A. Kamara, J. Jacobs, L. Murray, M. Walton, J. Mixon,, J. Adams, R. Anderson (IR)
|WR| C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, M. Gallup, D.K. Metcalf, M. Goodwin, Da. Moore, J. Ross (IR)
|TE| M. Gesicki, T. Eifert, I. Thomas, M. LaCosse, R. Gathers, R. Gronkowski
|K| B. Maher
|DT| Q. Williams, S. Richardson, T. Bryan, T. Hill (taxi)
|DE| J. Clowney, Y. Ngakoue, D. Barnett, T. Charlton, E. Ansah, A. Key, J. Pierre-Paul (IR), J. Sweat (taxi)
|LB| L. Vander Esch, D. Trevathan, C. Holcomb, M. Kendricks, N. Gerry, S. Dion Hamilton, S. Ebukam, T.J. Edwards, D. Cole, M. Jefferson, V. Joseph (IR), R. Foster (IR), K. Beckwith (IR), S. Eguavoen (taxi)
|CB| B. Jones, S. Gilmore, M. Peters, G. Conley, D. Trufant, G. Haley
|S| M. Fitzpatrick, T. Walker, X. Woods, E. Thomas, E. Murray
|2020 PICKS| #1 (x2), #3, #5, #6
|2021 PICKS| #1, #2, #3, #6

User avatar
Blueboy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby Blueboy » Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 6:49 pm
slaughterrt wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:18 pm
I mean really who is standing in his way?

Doctson?
Richardson?
Mr Irrelevant?
Harmon?

This WR group is wide open and I don’t see any reason McLaurin can’t carve out a role if he is even halfway decent. Here’s hoping, as I drafted him at 3.15 in a superflex.
It’s a draft capital problem ... he could outperform all other Redskin WRs, but if he doesn’t outperform them to basically a Pro Bowl level, then the Skins are likely to add a true WR1 next year.
3rd round isn't bad draft capitol. Plenty examples of WRs drafted later last year who didn't play at a pro bowl level, but are still getting a chance to start this year.

User avatar
slaughterrt
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3952
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby slaughterrt » Sun May 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Blueboy wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 6:49 pm
slaughterrt wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:18 pm
I mean really who is standing in his way?

Doctson?
Richardson?
Mr Irrelevant?
Harmon?

This WR group is wide open and I don’t see any reason McLaurin can’t carve out a role if he is even halfway decent. Here’s hoping, as I drafted him at 3.15 in a superflex.
It’s a draft capital problem ... he could outperform all other Redskin WRs, but if he doesn’t outperform them to basically a Pro Bowl level, then the Skins are likely to add a true WR1 next year.
3rd round isn't bad draft capitol. Plenty examples of WRs drafted later last year who didn't play at a pro bowl level, but are still getting a chance to start this year.
Yeah, it’s not like he was a 6th or 7th rounder. Not to mention they didn’t exercise the 5th year option on Doctson. Harmon might be a steal or he might flame our. 3rd round is pretty decent draft capital.

Chwf3rd
Starter
Starter
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby Chwf3rd » Sun May 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Loved his film. Really explosive and twitched up athlete and it shows on the field. Quick and fluid out of breaks to create quick separation and also has 4.3 speed to threaten deep. Struggles with physicality throughout his route. By all accounts an A+ character guy who should do everything necessary to hit his potential.

HOWEVER, dude is 24 years old and never produced at Ohio St. It's hard to overlook those red flags and thus I don't see significant upside with him. However, the draft capital is good and there is lots of opportunity in Washington. I think the 3rd round is a good spot for him and I can easily see him turning into a solid long term depth piece.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, PRivers
RB: AKamara, JMixon, KHunt, LMcCoy, GBernard, DForeman, JJackson
WR: ACooper, SDiggs, TYHilton, AMiller, CSamuel, DJohnson, DCain, QEnunwa
TE: MAndrews, ISmith, GEverett
2020 Picks: 1, 1, 2

Team 2 - 12 team, PPR, superflex
QB: ALuck, MStafford, BRoethlisberger, SDarnold, DJones
RB: DCook, DFreeman, PLindsay, TColeman, JWhite, DSingletary, DexWilliams, JuJackson
WR: DAdams, MEvans, SDiggs, SWatkins, Deebo Samuel, Mecole Hardman, Robert Foster, Geronimo ALlison, Eli Rogers, Taywan Taylor
TE: TBurton, TEifert, JDoyle, KWarring

Team 3 - 12 team, PPR, superflex, TE Prem
QB: RWilson, BRoethlisberger, JRosen, RFitz, NMullens
RB: LFournette, MSanders, AJones, RoJo, JMcKinnon, APeteson, EMcGuire, JWilkins, SWare
WR: OBJ, AThielen, KGolliday, DSamuel, MJones, QEnunwa, DJChark, EHall
TE: GKittle, KWarring, DKnox, JGraham

Lord_Varys
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 am

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun May 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Chwf3rd wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:01 pm

HOWEVER, dude is 24 years old and never produced at Ohio St. It's hard to overlook those red flags
He had a running back for a quarterback for 3 years. He produced at Ohio State - led the team in receiving touchdowns in the last two years, and has the highest passer rating when targeted of any WR in this entire NFL draft. It was a crowded WR room when Haskins took over. I don't hold the lack of cumulative stats against him at all.

The age is a real thing tho. Jarvis Landry is only 2 years older and seems he's been around forever. You gotta expect only 8 really good years at most from this guy. Gotta factor that in.

I believe McLaurin has all the ability to be Washington's WR1 and a fantasy wr2 though. Speed deep, contested catches, YAC, hands, route running... Dude does it all.

Chwf3rd
Starter
Starter
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby Chwf3rd » Sun May 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Lord_Varys wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:49 pm
Chwf3rd wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:01 pm

HOWEVER, dude is 24 years old and never produced at Ohio St. It's hard to overlook those red flags
He had a running back for a quarterback for 3 years. He produced at Ohio State - led the team in receiving touchdowns in the last two years, and has the highest passer rating when targeted of any WR in this entire NFL draft. It was a crowded WR room when Haskins took over. I don't hold the lack of cumulative stats against him at all.

The age is a real thing tho. Jarvis Landry is only 2 years older and seems he's been around forever. You gotta expect only 8 really good years at most from this guy. Gotta factor that in.

I believe McLaurin has all the ability to be Washington's WR1 and a fantasy wr2 though. Speed deep, contested catches, YAC, hands, route running... Dude does it all.
He was 4th on the team in receptions and 3rd in yardage this year. Pretty concerning for me, especially when considering he played the season at 24 years old. I still love his film so I'd take him mid/late 3rd but those concerns are what's keeping him out of the 3rd for me.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, PRivers
RB: AKamara, JMixon, KHunt, LMcCoy, GBernard, DForeman, JJackson
WR: ACooper, SDiggs, TYHilton, AMiller, CSamuel, DJohnson, DCain, QEnunwa
TE: MAndrews, ISmith, GEverett
2020 Picks: 1, 1, 2

Team 2 - 12 team, PPR, superflex
QB: ALuck, MStafford, BRoethlisberger, SDarnold, DJones
RB: DCook, DFreeman, PLindsay, TColeman, JWhite, DSingletary, DexWilliams, JuJackson
WR: DAdams, MEvans, SDiggs, SWatkins, Deebo Samuel, Mecole Hardman, Robert Foster, Geronimo ALlison, Eli Rogers, Taywan Taylor
TE: TBurton, TEifert, JDoyle, KWarring

Team 3 - 12 team, PPR, superflex, TE Prem
QB: RWilson, BRoethlisberger, JRosen, RFitz, NMullens
RB: LFournette, MSanders, AJones, RoJo, JMcKinnon, APeteson, EMcGuire, JWilkins, SWare
WR: OBJ, AThielen, KGolliday, DSamuel, MJones, QEnunwa, DJChark, EHall
TE: GKittle, KWarring, DKnox, JGraham

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain
Posts: 806
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby pvillebiker » Sun May 05, 2019 9:47 pm

Not sure what to make of the Washington WR's yet.

McLaurin - is the better athlete across the board. Sizzling 40 time, quicker, jumps higher. He has college history already with Haskins, that's a plus. But he wasn't nearly as productive as all that suggests he should've been. Maybe he profiles more as a special teams player and deep ball specialist starting out?

Harmon - is slower and obviously struggles using speed to separate, but has better ball skills, some even say elite, and overall seems to be a more skilled physical receiver. These type of WR's seem to beat expectations and pan out more often than the just fast guys (my opinion).

Harmon's NFL.com draft summary is interesting - "Harmon might show up as average in the speed and quickness departments, but he knows how to play and he plays to his strengths. He has issues separating against tight man coverage so he uses his frame, play strength and ball skills to own a bigger piece of a smaller catch space. He has a big-dog swagger."

I don't think they're competing against each other as much as they are the established guard. Punchless Doctson is on his leg with his option declined. Paul Richardson, who can't seem to stay healthy, seems like the obvious competitor to McLaurin's 4.35 wheels. Emerging slot man Quinn is the best bet to take a step forward. Where that leaves Harmon is interesting - he seems like the better value before camp when it's mostly guess work.

themburns
Starter
Starter
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby themburns » Mon May 06, 2019 3:24 am

I don't think McLaurin is in the same tier as Michael Thomas as a prospect, but his numbers in college suffered for the same reason. Meyer's offense preferred to stretch the field horizontally to open up running lanes, and the WRs from OSU just didn't get opportunities for the most part until this season. JT Barrett's arm strength was awful, and in Barrett's senior season (2017) he only completed 28% of his passes that traveled 21+ yards in the air. He simply could not take advantage of the kind of speed either of Campbell or McLaurin provided.

Haskins asked the organization who drafted him (pre-draft) to go and get him either Campbell or McLaurin. Usually, when players make these kind of comments, the teams brush them aside, but clearly Washington must have had McLaurin as a day 2 prospect as well. I'm taking a shot all day on Day 2 prospects at WR that I can snag in the middle of the 3rd in most rookie drafts, doubly so when the depth chart is so barren in front of them. Would take a mid 2nd to pry him from me at this point.
Last edited by themburns on Mon May 06, 2019 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1 Purestrain Pain (12 team ppr):
QB: Jackson/, R Wilsonn, K. Murray
RB: McCaffrey, Chubb, A. Jones, Carson, Penny, D. Henderson, L. Murray, Breida, Edmonds,
WR: Beckham, Michael Thomas, JuJu Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, C. Davis, McLaurin, Hamilton
TE: A. Hooper, Hunter Henry, Goedert, , D. Waller, Ebron


#2 Deceitful Harpies (12 team ppr):
QB: Mahomes, Mayfield
RB: Chubb, T. Gurley, Carson, Penny, R. Freeman, T. Johnson, Armstead
WR: K. Allen, Diggs, A. Robinson, Watkins, C. Davis, Fuller, Isabella, Agholor, C. Coleman, A. Dulin
TE: Ebron, TJ Hockenson, J. Smith
3 2020 1sts

#3 Fatalistic Femmes (12 team superflex, ppr) *2018 Champs
QB: Mahomes, Goff, Bortles
RB: D. Cook, Conner, J. Jacobs, K. Johnson, Walton, J Richard,
WR: M. Evans, DJ Chark A. Robinson, DK Metcalf, Watkins, J. Gordon, Agholor, J. Reynolds, K. Stills, P. Williams
TE: Kittle, D Waller, Herndon,
2 2020 1sts

User avatar
BigBawseRoss
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7250
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:56 am

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon May 06, 2019 6:53 am

im high on him and his price in rookie drafts is fantastic. one of the better values imo
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Rivers , Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Tyrod
Kamara, McCoy, D FreemanCohen, Bibbs, Clement,J. Allen, ty mont,Ito Smith
K Allen, Hopkins, M Williams, AROB Alshon,KeKe,MVS,T McLaurin
Ebron Graham, Njoku, Irv

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Trubitsky, Dak
Chubb,Mixon, D Henry,Coleman, D Harris, Armstead, Mostert
Hopkins, K Allen, M Evans, C Davis, Watkins, Arob, M Williams, Edleman, J Gordon, Hurd
Ertz, Everett, Fant


team 3
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... =07&F=0008

team 4
https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =07&F=0010

team 5
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... =0008&O=07

team 6
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... =07&F=0004

team 7
https://www51.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =07&F=0011

Lord_Varys
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 am

Re: Terry McLaurin

Postby Lord_Varys » Mon May 06, 2019 7:47 am

Chwf3rd wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:41 pm
Lord_Varys wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:49 pm
Chwf3rd wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:01 pm

HOWEVER, dude is 24 years old and never produced at Ohio St. It's hard to overlook those red flags
He had a running back for a quarterback for 3 years. He produced at Ohio State - led the team in receiving touchdowns in the last two years, and has the highest passer rating when targeted of any WR in this entire NFL draft. It was a crowded WR room when Haskins took over. I don't hold the lack of cumulative stats against him at all.

The age is a real thing tho. Jarvis Landry is only 2 years older and seems he's been around forever. You gotta expect only 8 really good years at most from this guy. Gotta factor that in.

I believe McLaurin has all the ability to be Washington's WR1 and a fantasy wr2 though. Speed deep, contested catches, YAC, hands, route running... Dude does it all.
He was 4th on the team in receptions and 3rd in yardage this year. Pretty concerning for me, especially when considering he played the season at 24 years old. I still love his film so I'd take him mid/late 3rd but those concerns are what's keeping him out of the 3rd for me.
Again... you gotta look at the context. "College Production" as a predictor of NFL Success is tried and true for a good reason, but it's not everything, not by a long shot.

The context: They used other guys a lot on short throws in a west coast style, and used McLaurin primarily as a deep threat. But any time short or intermediate that he got chances, he crushed them. You just need to watch his film to understand what he can do and how his game will translate into the pros.

I get it if you have rules that say to pass on guys who don't check the 'College Production' box.... I just think you'll miss out on really good players if you take that approach, McLaurin being one.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests