More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby honcho55 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:05 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:53 am I've got 5 firsts this year... I think imma pony up the $30 for Matt Waldman's RSP
Worth it? I have had horrible luck with my picks so far. Agholor, Penny, Campbell. Hock has flashed big time, but I am not expecting to rely on him immediately. The last two on the list Im still waiting on and they deserve some leash, but I need the Kamaras, hunts, and Michael Thomas of the world from the 2020 cohort.
Heard good and bad things from that report. I’ve seen it once, a buddy picked it up prior to going to the draft I’m Chicago a few years back (been to 6-7 of em)

It’s nice to have a big centralized, in depth report like that, but you have to take *any* one guys take with a grain of salt.

I’d say it depends on how much 30 bones is worth to you, vs how much time you have to do more of your own ‘homework’
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:04 pm

I am in the camp that doesn't really think you should "invest" in fantasy unless you're putting big money ($1k+) into it. Usually you're not getting a return on that investment, even if you draft a stud because of it.

It should be an enjoyment thing, to me. Waldman definitely seems to bring enough "enjoyment" in his reports for it to be worth it for some people. You get some good analysis and other things you wouldn't normally get.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:54 pm

Wasn’t Walkman’s 1# receiver this offseason Hakeem Butler?

I’d go ahead an say not to buy cheat sheets, there are far too many free resources out there.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:54 pm Wasn’t Walkman’s 1# receiver this offseason Hakeem Butler?
The best WR prospect he's ever seen, or so I've heard...

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Yeah, Im leaning towards Relying on DD's report, Minkeh(sp.), and this sites resources for my research. Plus some guys on the youtube
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:04 pm Yeah, Im leaning towards Relying on DD's report, Minkeh(sp.), and this sites resources for my research. Plus some guys on the youtube
I find the mock drafts here on DLF to be one my most valuable resources. I don’t really watch college football so seeing names I haven’t heard before helps a lot, I watch a highlight vid of names I don’t know and decide if I want to investigate further.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:04 pm Yeah, Im leaning towards Relying on DD's report, Minkeh(sp.), and this sites resources for my research. Plus some guys on the youtube
I find the mock drafts here on DLF to be one my most valuable resources. I don’t really watch college football so seeing names I haven’t heard before helps a lot, I watch a highlight vid of names I don’t know and decide if I want to investigate further.
Don't put too much stock in them though, there was a time that Hakeem Butler and Kelvin Harmon were fixtures in the top 5 around here.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Ke'Shawn Vaughn is a name people need to start knowing.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:05 pm

Watch for KJ Hamler tonight against Michigan if you haven't already.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:53 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm
DJB wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:03 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:34 am
I don't play superflex so I haven't considered QB much but I will say this: experts get it wrong all the time. There's a reason Trub went ahead of Watson and Mahomes in the NFL draft. I think I'd take anything Carr says with a fist full of salt.

One QB I've watched some Is Fromm. Not a fan. I know the offense isn't set up to give him a ton of throwing but still just doesn't look like an NFL arm to me. I am no expert though.
Please tell me you've seen more than simply his last game. Because last week was by far the worst ice ever seen him
If that was directed at me regarding Fromm: I've watched most of 2 games, and some of 1 game. I admit I'm no expert and it isn't a huge sample, just my observation as a casual viewer.

ETA: I'm also cognizant of the fact the UGA offense isn't really geared to airing it out like some which may give me a false impression as well.
Ok fair enough.

You are correct that the Georgia offence runs directly through the RB position.

And yes Fromm doesn't have the biggest arm, but hes so smart and I find him to be extremely accurate. He has great pocket awareness as well.

I thought he was excellent in the National Championship game vs Alabama in 2018.

I don't think Fromm is the type with massive upside like anyone eho declares with a big arm, and he doesn't have the legs of Murray or Lamar.

But to me he is one of the safest potential franchise Qb in this year's draft because of his accuracy and intangibles.

He reminds me of Chad Pennington before he wrecked his shoulder. And yeah many people will say Chad Pennington yuck but before he got hurt he had a pretty decent arm and was a very cerebral QB with tons of upside and hype. I see Fromm as similar to Pennington but again before the injury.

Well worth to be selected in the first round of the NFL draft and absolutely in super flex.
Last edited by DJB on Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:06 pm Ke'Shawn Vaughn is a name people need to start knowing.
He is a stud. On one hand-I really want the Chiefs to take him in the 2nd or 3rd to help with our TOP issues but that would completely blow his unknown factor in dynasty circles/drafts.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Fromm also beat out Eason and Fields and forced them to transfer elsewhere, both are likely 1st round picks themselves when they come out. Fromm is pretty good.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Looking like 3 straight years of 300 carries (basically) for Taylor. Hope he can stay healthy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:06 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:55 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:06 pm Ke'Shawn Vaughn is a name people need to start knowing.
He is a stud. On one hand-I really want the Chiefs to take him in the 2nd or 3rd to help with our TOP issues but that would completely blow his unknown factor in dynasty circles/drafts.
I think the cat's out of the bag. I just looked on CBS rankings. He's their number 2 back in the class ahead of Swift and Etienne.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Swift going off tonight.

Can't wait to watch the Eason/Herbert duel that went down. Close, high scoring game, and it looks like both QB's were both really on.