FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:08 am

ravn88 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:51 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:13 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:59 pm

I'm not even that big on Jeudy, however Ridley basically started college at the same age Jeudy FINISHED college, so I don't think those comparisons on analytics are exactly a great way to compare it.
Yet he still produced over his entire career and alongside Amari Cooper who is one of the best collegiate WR prospects we’ve seen and was a target hog. Ridley “broke out” late, but it’s because he was just plain older when he started college. Not sure if you can blame Ridley for that.

I do agree tho that he’s not a great comparison to Ridley, but for different reasons.
So everyone comp Jeudy to Ridley, however would a Keenan Allen not be a better comp ?
Not really. Keenan is much more of a possession receiver, and Jeudy isn't as big. Are you talking about analytics comp, or on field?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:10 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:03 pm Just a side note about Walter football, they have Kamara number 3 in 2017. The hit and miss like anyone
I would think that's a fantastic ranking, considering his college production at the time they made it. That class was stacked in hindsight, but at the time, there were guys who produced a lot more than Alvin did, to be ranked well above him. CMC, Fournette, Cook I would think had much better college careers without a doubt, so they did well. He'd arguably be 2 through 4 right now in that class. CMC would obviously be 1, and there would be a case for Dalvin, Kamara and Mixon in the 2 spot. I'd guess Fournette would be just outside of that. Hunt would have been right up there if he wasn't a moron. Wow that class was stacked at RB.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:14 am

Kmani6 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:03 am When you think about how hard it is to accurately mock like that it’s honestly impressive. Obviously they probably get some fake info thrown into other real scouting advice they get. But overall they do a decent job for sure.
It’s no more impressive than any other mock draft from those years, I’d be more impressed if their mocks were actually close at this time of year. They had Isabella as like a 4.5 guy last year and Singletary and Mont as 4.5 guys lol.

Do you work for Walter Football or something?

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:59 pm

I'm not even that big on Jeudy, however Ridley basically started college at the same age Jeudy FINISHED college, so I don't think those comparisons on analytics are exactly a great way to compare it.
Yet he still produced over his entire career and alongside Amari Cooper who is one of the best collegiate WR prospects we’ve seen and was a target hog. Ridley “broke out” late, but it’s because he was just plain older when he started college. Not sure if you can blame Ridley for that.

I do agree tho that he’s not a great comparison to Ridley, but for different reasons.
So everyone comp Jeudy to Ridley, however would a Keenan Allen not be a better comp ?
I think that’s a way better comp. if Jeudy can translate properly to the NFL he seems like a KA more than a Ridley.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:08 am

Not really. Keenan is much more of a possession receiver, and Jeudy isn't as big. Are you talking about analytics comp, or on field?
They are fairly the same height and Weight.
They both seem as their strengh is route running, but since they are kind of small WRs (not tall or big body) they both would be very good PPR players.
I could see Jeudy's seeling being KA.
Last edited by ravn88 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:29 am

ravn88 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:28 am

They both seem as their strengh is route running, but since they are kind of small WRs (not tall or big body) they body would be very good PPR players.
:shock:

This doesn’t seem like a useful player comp, and although I fall pretty close to the camp that would say “useful player comp” is an oxymoron, this one is particularly bad.

Allen was bigger and slower in college, had a low YPR, but a sky high market share. Jeudy has had to split targets with better supporting WRs but is more athletic and has a much higher YPR.

They’re literally only similar in that they’re 6’2 and 6’1 and we’re both successful at an early age.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:29 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:29 am

They both seem as their strengh is route running, but since they are kind of small WRs (not tall or big body) they body would be very good PPR players.

This doesn’t seem like a useful player comp, and although I fall pretty close to the camp that would say “useful player comp” is an oxymoron, this one is particularly bad.

Allen was bigger and slower in college, had a low YPR, but a sky high market share. Jeudy has had to split targets with better supporting WRs but is more athletic and has a much higher YPR.

They’re literally only similar in that they’re 6’2 and 6’1 and we’re both successful at an early age.
The comparison he was clearly trying to make was them both being great route runners.
Dynasty Team 1:

WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy

Dynasty Team 2:

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:37 pm

Senior Bowl baby! Let’s see how everyone looks!
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Perine with the nice 1-handed grab and breaks some tackles for that TD! Giving me some Jordan Howard with hands vibes. Interesting

Haven’t seen tape of him

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:58 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:45 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:41 pm The next person to reply to this thread will be a record holder.

It will become the longest thread in DLF Forum history.
What better way to make history than ask who everyone's #1 Kicker in this draft is? We've covered the rest of the positions.
Definitely Rodrigo Blankenship. He’s got the name, the look, and the swag. 5/7 prospect, total package.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:44 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:14 am
Kmani6 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:03 am When you think about how hard it is to accurately mock like that it’s honestly impressive. Obviously they probably get some fake info thrown into other real scouting advice they get. But overall they do a decent job for sure.
It’s no more impressive than any other mock draft from those years, I’d be more impressed if their mocks were actually close at this time of year. They had Isabella as like a 4.5 guy last year and Singletary and Mont as 4.5 guys lol.

If you think they can predict 40 times then your insane and are completely missing the point of their page . They just add that as an extra feature as a prediction and nothing more.

If their mocks were actually close this time of year then they would be fortune tellers and should probably play the lottery or something, as I’ve never in my life seen an NFL mock draft that matched the real draft... To think that they could be close to accurate without seeing combine results or testing is illogical. They obviously use new info as it comes (like through the combine) to update their rankings as time passes, and are fully transparent by leaving everything up on the site for reference.

I have provided evidence of them doing a pretty good job at it. You’re also talking out of your bleep about “it’s no more impressive than any other mock draft from those years.” You don’t give any evidence or anything to support your argument. The discussion was about their 2019 WR rankings and all I had pointed out was the comment about them missing on DK was 100% false (as was admitted), and they actually nailed both the 2018 and 2019 WR classes.

And as mentioned above kamara at 3 amongst the most insane RB class was awesome. I think they had LF, CMC, Kamara, Cook, Mixon in that order or something. They ranked kamara as a round 1-2 grade, and mentioned this on him:

Kamara is a lot like Jamaal Charles as a runner in that both are fast slashers who are built well with some power. Additionally, Kamara is a phenomenal receiver with great hands and route-running to also be used as a slot receiver. He also is a dynamic returner on punts and kickoffs. Teams have concerns about Kamara being able to handle a heavy work load in the NFL and think he might be best in a platoon situation where he doesn't have to be a bell-cow back who takes on 20-30 carries per game.

Spot on.
Dynasty Team 1:

Dynasty Team 2:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:29 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:29 am

The comparison he was clearly trying to make was them both being great route runners.
It’s still a bad comparison. You’re comparing a fast, downfield playmaker who’s a little bit thin for the position to a bigger, slower possession receiver. They’re great route runners, sure, but that’s only one similar trait.

If you’re really looking for a reasonable upside comparison for Jeudy, and again, this whole concept isn’t that useful, I’d say Reggie Wayne is a better answer. Wayne ran a 4.45, which will be closer to Jeudy’s time. He’s only 6 lbs heavier than Jeudy’s listed weight. They both made plays downfield and posted similar YPR figures (17.2 and 17.6).
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:44 pm
cantguardjake wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:14 am

If you think they can predict 40 times then your insane and are completely missing the point of their page . They just add that as an extra feature as a prediction and nothing more.

If their mocks were actually close this time of year then they would be fortune tellers and should probably play the lottery or something, as I’ve never in my life seen an NFL mock draft that matched the real draft... To think that they could be close to accurate without seeing combine results or testing is illogical. They obviously use new info as it comes (like through the combine) to update their rankings as time passes, and are fully transparent by leaving everything up on the site for reference.

I have provided evidence of them doing a pretty good job at it. You’re also talking out of your bleep about “it’s no more impressive than any other mock draft from those years.” You don’t give any evidence or anything to support your argument. The discussion was about their 2019 WR rankings and all I had pointed out was the comment about them missing on DK was 100% false (as was admitted), and they actually nailed both the 2018 and 2019 WR classes.

And as mentioned above kamara at 3 amongst the most insane RB class was awesome. I think they had LF, CMC, Kamara, Cook, Mixon in that order or something. They ranked kamara as a round 1-2 grade, and mentioned this on him:

Kamara is a lot like Jamaal Charles as a runner in that both are fast slashers who are built well with some power. Additionally, Kamara is a phenomenal receiver with great hands and route-running to also be used as a slot receiver. He also is a dynamic returner on punts and kickoffs. Teams have concerns about Kamara being able to handle a heavy work load in the NFL and think he might be best in a platoon situation where he doesn't have to be a bell-cow back who takes on 20-30 carries per game.

Spot on.
Go look at Daniel Jeremiah and Matt Millers final wide receiver big board rankings for both 2018 and 2019 and they are almost identical to the Walter Rankings you’ve given. Legit the only difference across both mocks across both years is Jeremiah had Riley Ridley in his top 50 players. Like I said Walter Footballs final rankings aren’t anything out of the ordinary, I pay more attention to their rankings at this time of year before the consensus across the community is formed - that’s how you can tell who knows their stuff. They are a handy resource for identifying a list of prospects, I agree with that - but no one should be listening to what they have to say when it comes to “rumours” of Ceedee Lamb partying, is the point I’m trying to make.

But anyway, agree to disagree - we’re getting a little off track :bigsmile:

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:16 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:54 pm Haven’t seen Joshua Kelley’s name mentioned much. Had a nice weigh in at the Senior Bowl and looks like he has some juice.
Looking good in the game now too, take rushing production in the Senior Bowl with a grain of salt but he has nice lateral agility and doesn’t mess about to get upfield. I can see him being a riser this year ala Sanders last year (not to that degree though, but he belongs in the tier 2 of running backs for me). He has a lot more juice than grinders like Snell and Ollison who were taken in the 4th and 5th last year.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:51 pm

Players that showed out:

Lamical Perine
-Showed some hands, tackle breaking ability, and patience
Herbert
-Looked the part from an athletic standpoint/arm talent, but was off on a couple throws rolling out. Not a top-tier QB prospect, but definitely serviceable starter.
Darius Anderson
-Over a hundred scrimmage yards, but overal show really nice burst and quickness.
Hasty
-I know he fumbled, but god damn he had some nice shakes and made some men straight whiff in the open field. Hopefully he gets invited to the combine because I want to see how functionally athletic he is.