More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Wisky looking to shake up the college playoffs big time. Melvin Gordon with probably the best season in Wisky history, but I think Taylor may be the best back. 3 years of dominance, starting as a freshman.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:39 pm

cantguardjay wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:06 pm I think at this stage Taylor is the only back with a chance of being drafted in the first round of the NFL draft.

Early predictions:

Taylor - late first to early second
Swift - early to mid second
Etienne - early to mid second
Dobbins - mid second to early third
Edwards-Helaire - third (size is the issue, he’s actually good)
Akers - third to early fourth
Hill - late third to fourth
Moss - fourth

Hubbard looks like a day 3 prospect to me and no one else is worth mentioning.

All pending their measurables at the combine of course.
You dont see Najee Harris as a day 2 prospect?
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:39 pm

cantguardjay wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:06 pm I think at this stage Taylor is the only back with a chance of being drafted in the first round of the NFL draft.

Early predictions:

Moss - fourth

Height maybe, but he's 215. What about Harris, BTW?

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:51 pm

So Tee Higgins is currently tied with Watkins and Hopkins for all-time TD’s as a Clemson WR. I think he could be under-rated right now... his whole team hasn’t played in the 4th quarter except for one game so far this year. He looks really smooth in his route running and has good top-end speed. Could be the next AJ Green type receiver... or maybe he just looks fast given who he’s been playing against 😂. Will be very interested in seeing his combine numbers.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:53 pm I guess that Etienne TD was just more shitty ACC tackling rather than a stud RB with speed who can also run through arm tackles ... because there’s never arm tackles in the NFL.
There obviously is, but Taylor>Etienne IMO. I'd take Swift over Etienne as well.
I agree on Swift because of receiving ability ... not sure on Taylor ... very close either way IMO.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:30 pm

One of the biggest reasons I personally have a hard time evaluating so many of these prospects and how they will do is the quality (or lack thereof) of defense in college. I've seen several highlights in twitter this evening and on every single one I can't help but think "wow that defense was terrible and would never happen in the NFL"

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:30 pm One of the biggest reasons I personally have a hard time evaluating so many of these prospects and how they will do is the quality (or lack thereof) of defense in college. I've seen several highlights in twitter this evening and on every single one I can't help but think "wow that defense was terrible and would never happen in the NFL"
At least it's kind of equally bad across the board (with some exceptions) so comparing within college (better yet within the same conference) should be fairly accurate, but thinking about the jump to the NFL and how they compare against established vets is trickier
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:58 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:53 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:53 pm I guess that Etienne TD was just more shitty ACC tackling rather than a stud RB with speed who can also run through arm tackles ... because there’s never arm tackles in the NFL.
There obviously is, but Taylor>Etienne IMO. I'd take Swift over Etienne as well.
I agree on Swift because of receiving ability ... not sure on Taylor ... very close either way IMO.
I feel Taylor is the more nuanced and instinctive runner, and he catches the ball well enough. Etienne's being afraid of catching the football a year or so ago really makes me feel his passing game upside will always be fairly limited.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:58 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:30 pm One of the biggest reasons I personally have a hard time evaluating so many of these prospects and how they will do is the quality (or lack thereof) of defense in college. I've seen several highlights in twitter this evening and on every single one I can't help but think "wow that defense was terrible and would never happen in the NFL"
Highlights aren't the way to evaluate them, for the most part. You have to sit through full game cut ups. It's not nearly as excited, but there is much more to be gleaned from those.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:02 pm

Early predictions:

Moss - fourth

Besides the obvious omission of Harris, I agree with you about Hubbard. Has clear straight line speed, but no contact balance and routinely struggles with going down on first contanct
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:14 am

As ever, landing spot will be huge. Behind a weak O-line, in a weak scheme, someone like Hubbard could look like a bum. If he goes to somewhere like the 49ers though and gets that runway...

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:39 pm

Early predictions:

Moss - fourth

Admittedly I’ve only watched a few game cut ups of Harris because I didn’t really rate what I saw as I think he leaves a lot to be desired as a runner, however he is quite unique in the receiving game. I find it hard to evaluate him on that basis, however if he really is 6 2” I think that handicaps him at the next level. The only running back in the top 50 over 6 1” is Henry, who is the exception - and had a significantly better Bama career.

Having said that I can see him being drafted in the fourth in the same vein as a Benny Snell from last year, but I don’t personally rate him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:30 am

cantguardjay wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:27 am

Early predictions:

Moss - fourth

Admittedly I’ve only watched a few game cut ups of Harris because I didn’t really rate what I saw as I think he leaves a lot to be desired as a runner, however he is quite unique in the receiving game. I find it hard to evaluate him on that basis, however if he really is 6 2” I think that handicaps him at the next level. The only running back in the top 50 over 6 1” is Henry, who is the exception - and had a significantly better Bama career.

Having said that I can see him being drafted in the fourth in the same vein as a Benny Snell from last year, but I don’t personally rate him.
I think he's a far superior athlete to Snell. That looks pretty obvious to me. I would think he'd go before that, unless the RB's are pushed back due to depth. If Harris is a 4th rounder, than Snell was overdrafted by the Steelers, IMO. Harris is the far better player. Not only as a runner, but in terms of hands, no contest.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:51 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:30 am

I think he's a far superior athlete to Snell. That looks pretty obvious to me. I would think he'd go before that, unless the RB's are pushed back due to depth. If Harris is a 4th rounder, than Snell was overdrafted by the Steelers, IMO. Harris is the far better player. Not only as a runner, but in terms of hands, no contest.
Harris is definitely a superior athlete but Snell had a pretty solid college career running the football, he was just unfortunately as slow as they come. It was probably a bad comparison by me, I meant it more in the vein that they both had solid junior seasons but are a tier below the better backs in the class, but a tier above the rest.

Damien Harris has arguably a better college career and he was a late third.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:39 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:30 am

Harris’ ability to deliver huge hits and have high level contaft balance is among the best in the class. He’s such a hard back even at 6’2” to tackle because he will break your arm tackles, hurdle you, lower his pads and level you, or utilize his incredible cutting ability at 6’2”. Add that onto his dynamic receiving ability out of the backfield. At 6’2” I think he’s legit the best receiver among the RBs in the class. He was also a highly ranked recruit as well that has proved he’s belonged.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I’d personally be suprised if Harris didn’t go round 1 or 2 in the NFL draft.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards