Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby bjd5211 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 pm

What will CEH's PPT be?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:35 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 pm What will CEH's PPT be?
More importantly, FFPPTPD
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:51 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 pm What will CEH's PPT be?
:clap:

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed May 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Apex discussing why KJ Hamler is the steal of this year's rookie draft

https://apexfantasyleagues.com/2020/05/ ... ie-drafts/
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu May 28, 2020 5:50 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:47 pm Apex discussing why KJ Hamler is the steal of this year's rookie draft

I'm not sure I'd put Hamler's talent on the same level as Marquise Brown or DeSean Jackson and there's more to being a good receiver than just speed. It could very well be that his high draft pick had more to do with what he had to offer as a kick returner. The article also says that Drew Lock and the other receivers will stand in the way of year 1 success and that Lock's future replacement will improve his chances. Denver doesn't necessarily have the best track record at finding quality QBs and I don't think that the target hogs on top of the totem pole are going to retire anytime soon. I'm not sure how much of a bargain Hamler actually is. This may just be a case of "you get what you pay for".
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gunfrees » Thu May 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:47 pm Apex discussing why KJ Hamler is the steal of this year's rookie draft

Bit worried about his chances with Sutton, Jeudy, and the duo of Lindsay/Gordon in front of him
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 early 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, early 2nd, 2nd
2026 early 1st, 1st, early 2nd
----------

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 28, 2020 6:20 pm

gunfrees wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Bit worried about his chances with Sutton, Jeudy, and the duo of Lindsay/Gordon in front of him
Given how low his rookie ADP is right now (3rd round), skepticism of immediate contribution doesn't matter.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri May 29, 2020 6:18 am

Hottoddies wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:50 pm

I'm not sure I'd put Hamler's talent on the same level as Marquise Brown or DeSean Jackson and there's more to being a good receiver than just speed. It could very well be that his high draft pick had more to do with what he had to offer as a kick returner. The article also says that Drew Lock and the other receivers will stand in the way of year 1 success and that Lock's future replacement will improve his chances. Denver doesn't necessarily have the best track record at finding quality QBs and I don't think that the target hogs on top of the totem pole are going to retire anytime soon. I'm not sure how much of a bargain Hamler actually is. This may just be a case of "you get what you pay for".
Situation and weight are the only negatives and they're more than baked into his ADP in the 30's. He checks every other box.

I can't recall ever getting this caliber player into the 3rd round of rookie drafts.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hamler carve out a decent role in DEN. Sutton going over the top, Jeudy taking additional attention away, throw a speedy Hamler across the middle on a quick slant and you could have a PPR machine. He might never have mind blowing numbers, but his skill is NFL ready.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:26 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:18 am

Situation and weight are the only negatives and they're more than baked into his ADP in the 30's. He checks every other box.

I can't recall ever getting this caliber player into the 3rd round of rookie drafts.
Agreed, I drafted him when I could snag him at a great spot (4.7, 4.6).

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 29, 2020 11:19 am

Bad hands, poor catching technique (body catching) just to name a few negatives

I won’t object to taking him in the 3rd by any means; but like someone else said, I think you are getting what you are paying for

Of course: if Denver blows up like many expect, then absolutely Hamler could ride that wave. Situations can change fast

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri May 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Laviska, Aiyuk, Edwards are falling into the 3rd in more than a few of my drafts. This is just an incredibly deep draft. The late 2nd/early 3rd this year is a gold mine compared to previous seasons.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Fri May 29, 2020 4:15 pm

About the only thing Hamler has in common with Hollywood is his size.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri May 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Hamler strikes me as a guy who even in his near best case scenario is a better NFL player than fantasy player. I think Denver drafted him to run deep and keep the safeties back while Sutton/Jeudy do the work underneath, and also probably to return kicks.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert