More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:13 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:25 am I can't tell if owning the 1.2 is a curse a or a win this year. I'll like having my pick of the litter, but the stress associated with it is messing with my head. :wtf:

I'll obviously still take BPA no matter what, but RB isn't a huge pressing need for me so I'm shopping around. Hopefully once draft day gets closer I'll get some meaty offers.

Who would you trade straight up for 1.2? Would people sell low on Juju? Evans? Godwin? Where's the Mendoza line?
IDK how Evans and Godwin are sell lows. I personally would cash out on Juju but htats just becaues he isnt my cup of tea. If I were you I'd see if you can trade down within your first tier and pick up a 2019 class WR like Deebo or something. The hype will be there closer to draft time
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:41 am

Eno Benjamin measured into Senior Bowl at 5'9 195lb. Fade!

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Interesting info on Lamb:

Oklahoma wide receiver CeeDee Lamb is known to be a good kid, according to NFL scouts and to sources around the Sooners program. They all say he is a really nice person and a good teammate. With that being said, Lamb has developed the reputation for being a huge partier, and team sources feel that is going to be a challenge for him in maintaining focus depending on where he goes.

"[Lamb] definitely shouldn't go to a place like Miami, or Tampa Bay. That could be Michael Clayton all over again," said one scout. "I'll put it to you this way. He would be awesome in Green Bay."

Lamb is probably going to get get hit with a lot of questions about this during the combine and pre-draft interviews. Teams like him as a person, but depending on which team drafts him, it may want a plan in place to keep him focused on not partying too much in his down time.

From WalterFootball.com
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:19 pm

It's something to be mindful of, but definitely not anything that really changes his value much if at all. The league is full of guys who like to party and still manage to perform at a high level, especially at that position. Plus it's extremely unlikely he falls all the way to the Packers, and they certainly won't be trading up for him.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:50 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:13 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:25 am I can't tell if owning the 1.2 is a curse a or a win this year. I'll like having my pick of the litter, but the stress associated with it is messing with my head. :wtf:

I'll obviously still take BPA no matter what, but RB isn't a huge pressing need for me so I'm shopping around. Hopefully once draft day gets closer I'll get some meaty offers.

Who would you trade straight up for 1.2? Would people sell low on Juju? Evans? Godwin? Where's the Mendoza line?
IDK how Evans and Godwin are sell lows. I personally would cash out on Juju but htats just becaues he isnt my cup of tea. If I were you I'd see if you can trade down within your first tier and pick up a 2019 class WR like Deebo or something. The hype will be there closer to draft time
Sorry, buy* lows. I'd be selling the 1.2 for one of them, but curious how much I could get out there without looking too stupid and ending up in another thread we have going here.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:53 pm

Packerland wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 pm Interesting info on Lamb:

Oklahoma wide receiver CeeDee Lamb is known to be a good kid, according to NFL scouts and to sources around the Sooners program. They all say he is a really nice person and a good teammate. With that being said, Lamb has developed the reputation for being a huge partier, and team sources feel that is going to be a challenge for him in maintaining focus depending on where he goes.

"[Lamb] definitely shouldn't go to a place like Miami, or Tampa Bay. That could be Michael Clayton all over again," said one scout. "I'll put it to you this way. He would be awesome in Green Bay."

Lamb is probably going to get get hit with a lot of questions about this during the combine and pre-draft interviews. Teams like him as a person, but depending on which team drafts him, it may want a plan in place to keep him focused on not partying too much in his down time.

From WalterFootball.com
Daniel Jeremiah mocked him to the Vegas Raiders today. :think:

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:28 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:50 pm

Sorry, buy* lows. I'd be selling the 1.2 for one of them, but curious how much I could get out there without looking too stupid and ending up in another thread we have going here.
I mean, neither of them are buy lows, Godwin just finished as WR3, Evans WR 15 playing dinged up for the last half of the season iirc to cap off his 5th 1000 yard season in as many years. Both doing it with the other playing phenomenally at the same time
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:51 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:28 pm

I mean, neither of them are buy lows, Godwin just finished as WR3, Evans WR 15 playing dinged up for the last half of the season iirc to cap off his 5th 1000 yard season in as many years. Both doing it with the other playing phenomenally at the same time
Let me rephrase this one more time. :wall: Who can I sell the 1.2 straight up for without overshooting my boundary. (I.E - MY 1.2 for Evans. MY 1.2 for Godwin. MY 1.2 for JuJu)
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Let me rephrase this one more time. :wall: Who can I sell the 1.2 straight up for without overshooting my boundary. (I.E - MY 1.2 for Evans. MY 1.2 for Godwin. MY 1.2 for JuJu)
Send some trades are try to find out? It literally varies league to league and owner to owner. Put the pick on the block and find out. The whole wall emoji when asking for people to hand hold you is kind of off putting.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Watson, Dak, Richardson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Javonte Williams, JHill, Dobbins, Achane, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell, Fournette, CPatt
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, MT, QJ, Bateman, Jamo, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
2024: 1st, 2nd, 4th

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:17 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Frankly I doubt you can get Godwin or Evans for just 1.02. JuJu I could see someone giving up on him after last year and cashing out for 1.02. But as BucFan said send out some offers. It only takes one person who has rookie fever to pull the trigger.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Not trying to have anyone hold my hand on this so sorry you're offended. It was my fault for not wording it properly in the first place. I'm just trying to gauge value here from the masses. Until mizelle comes out with his rankings I appreciate everyone's opinion.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:41 am Eno Benjamin measured into Senior Bowl at 5'9 195lb. Fade!
Jesus Christ! I liked his film and the small amount of advanced stats there were
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:56 pm
Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:41 am Eno Benjamin measured into Senior Bowl at 5'9 195lb. Fade!
Jesus Christ! I liked his film and the small amount of advanced stats there were
Never thought much of him. The fact he is so small, means he's nothing more than a 3rd down back at best, most likely.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Really hoping Aiyuk gets drafted late second so I can nab him early second in the rookie drafts.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Senior Bowl tidbit:

Since 2010 there have been 128 WR's who have attended the event. 6 have gone on to have a top 24 season in their careers. That's under 5%.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2