More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby AussieMate » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:14 pm

Back to the Burrow potentially going back to school etc I think there is zero chance of that happening, no matter how good you think he is it was still just one good year. It would be such a massive gamble that year happening again, he'd probs just kill it again but he's got the 1.01 locked up right now, if he was that desperate to avoid Cinci it would have to be a trade situation.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:21 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:14 pm Back to the Burrow potentially going back to school etc I think there is zero chance of that happening, no matter how good you think he is it was still just one good year. It would be such a massive gamble that year happening again, he'd probs just kill it again but he's got the 1.01 locked up right now, if he was that desperate to avoid Cinci it would have to be a trade situation.
He's used up all of his eligibility, and even if he hadn't we're long past the point of players being able to return to school, so that's not an option for numerous reasons. His path to forcing his way out of Cincinnati is sitting out the year, and re-entering the draft next year, because teams lose the rights to unsigned drafted players after 1 year. Now he'll almost certainly not be the #1 pick next year after sitting out the year and potentially being in the same draft as Lawrence and Fields, but he is so highly regarded he would absolutely still be a 1st rounder and likely top 10.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:35 pm

Burrow is already old he’s not sitting out a year.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:35 pm Burrow is already old he’s not sitting out a year.
He's older than most (23), but that really doesn't matter much for QBs, Brandon Weeden was a 1st rounder at 28.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:00 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:21 pm
AussieMate wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:14 pm Back to the Burrow potentially going back to school etc I think there is zero chance of that happening, no matter how good you think he is it was still just one good year. It would be such a massive gamble that year happening again, he'd probs just kill it again but he's got the 1.01 locked up right now, if he was that desperate to avoid Cinci it would have to be a trade situation.
He's used up all of his eligibility, and even if he hadn't we're long past the point of players being able to return to school, so that's not an option for numerous reasons. His path to forcing his way out of Cincinnati is sitting out the year, and re-entering the draft next year, because teams lose the rights to unsigned drafted players after 1 year. Now he'll almost certainly not be the #1 pick next year after sitting out the year and potentially being in the same draft as Lawrence and Fields, but he is so highly regarded he would absolutely still be a 1st rounder and likely top 10.
Bugger I bloody knew that and it completely slipped my mind about sitting for a year rather than play for another year.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:04 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 pm
Nanananananana wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:35 pm Burrow is already old he’s not sitting out a year.
He's older than most (23), but that really doesn't matter much for QBs, Brandon Weeden was a 1st rounder at 28.
First brandon weeden reference since 2013

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Old? Lmao. He can play for 15-20 more years if he is good enough.

He’s not sitting out though, agreed. We get this kind of talk every time there is a lock #1 QB pick.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:32 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:04 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 pm
First brandon weeden reference since 2013
Lol. Point is if Weeden can be a 1st rounder at 28 years old, Burrow certainly can be at 24. Calvin Ridley was a 1st rounder the year he turned 24, and age is a much bigger factor for WR than QB.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:26 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:57 pmReal question, where's Mike at with his RB analysis, I'm dying here.
Super Bowl hangover... I'm still in recovery.

But even if I wasn't, I teach, coach, and volunteer. I am busy 7 days a week. I have the winter break coming up next week so I'll finally have a chance to look at film and start breaking things down.

Even then, it's only the first step in several steps necessary to properly predict these guys. I'll probably give a detailed report here early on and then a simplistic one towards the end with more in-depth analysis in the form of premium content near draft day.

But for now........ the 49ers are leading 20-10 in the 4th and they have the ball with 9 minutes to go........ *sigh*....
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:34 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:26 pm
AussieMate wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:57 pmReal question, where's Mike at with his RB analysis, I'm dying here.
Super Bowl hangover... I'm still in recovery.

But even if I wasn't, I teach, coach, and volunteer. I am busy 7 days a week. I have the winter break coming up next week so I'll finally have a chance to look at film and start breaking things down.

Even then, it's only the first step in several steps necessary to properly predict these guys. I'll probably give a detailed report here early on and then a simplistic one towards the end with more in-depth analysis in the form of premium content near draft day.

But for now........ the 49ers are leading 20-10 in the 4th and they have the ball with 9 minutes to go........ *sigh*....
Thanks for letting us know, the people are rabid desperate for all and any analysis we can get, look forward to reading.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:43 am

Just going to leave this here

"Shenault, has the lowest YPC vs AP-ranked teams of the top 38 draft eligible WRs at 8.7 ypc."

I will continue to beat the drum that Shenault is way overvalued and this only helps further illustrate that
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:21 am

DJB wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:43 am Just going to leave this here

"Shenault, has the lowest YPC vs AP-ranked teams of the top 38 draft eligible WRs at 8.7 ypc."

I will continue to beat the drum that Shenault is way overvalued and this only helps further illustrate that
Does this college YPC correlate with NFL success? Does dramatically reducing the sample size to only include ranked opponents make the results correlate more or less?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:27 am

Kinda guessing that stat has more than a little something to do with his average depth of target, being 6.6, according to PFF (supposedly was a target of a gazillion screen passes). So last year Parris Campbell also was super low, 6.58, while AJ Brown was 10.91 and Deebo was 9.63, this tells you how the player is being used and Campbell was used in all sorts of short passing game approaches as well.

The question on a guy like Shenault isn't about whether that means if he's overrated or not, but rather what that tells about his college usage (tons of short passes/screens) and how NFL teams will decide to use him in the future. Better to have a higher ADOT obviously because it means you have a better chance of big plays, lots of yards every time you touch the ball, but how will Shenault be used at the next level, that's what matters most.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 am

It might not be the best landing spot for his fantasy value (or it could be a massive boon), but I would find it very fascinating if Shenault ended up in Baltimore. Imagine all the new wrinkles they could add to their already unique offense like lining him up at Wildcat QB and Lamar outside as a reverse threat, or Lamar running the RPO with Laviska and Ingram in the backfield with him. Laviska is a truly unique talent and I hope he goes somewhere that truly knows how to maximize it, rather than trying to pigeonhole him into a traditional WR role with just a handful of trick plays sprinkled in for him.

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:03 pm

Going back to the high workload/future injury thing with Jonathan Taylor...

I know this isn't a high end study and doesn't necessarily prove anything, but I figured I'd put something together.

The results were pretty interesting and I did not discern whether they missed games due to injury or for another reason (non-injury)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L