More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:57 am

Tvols wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:11 am Is anyone concern with a back from Wisconsin? I not sure they ever had a successful back in the nfl . Montee and day dyane still haunt me
Melvin Gordon says hello...

Taylor is better than him

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:46 am

Tvols wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:11 am Is anyone concern with a back from Wisconsin? I not sure they ever had a successful back in the nfl . Montee and day dyane still haunt me
Scout the player, not the uniform

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:49 am

I’ve been a Badger fan all my life so I’ve seen Dayne, Gordon, Ball, Bennett, Calhoun, Moss, and JT is the best Wisconsin RB I have seen. In the last 10 years the only RBs I’ve seen better in the Big 10 are Saquon and Zeke.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 am

The biggest issues with JT are his hands...

He has had some serious issues with fumbles

And he dropped 8 passes

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:22 am

There are I think 3 common causes of concern about Taylor: fumbles, receiving ability, and number of touches he's already received.

- Fumbles are absolutely the biggest concern for me, nothing will kill a RBs career faster (outside of major injury) than a fumbling problem. He has to get this fixed, but it is absolutely fixable with good coaching and putting in the work on his part.

- His receiving ability is more of a question mark than a concern for me, Wisconsin just doesn't feature the RB as a receiver. They did make an effort to use him more as a receiver this year and I think he did well and showed he can succeed at that part of the game. He'll never be CMC or Barkley as a receiver, but I don't think it will be a weakness or liability to his game, he'll be good enough.

- Workload is a complete non-factor for me, if he had any injury history it might be a bit of an issue, but he's never missed any time due to injury or have any noteworthy injuries I can find news of. There are plenty of RBs throughout the history of the game that have carried big workloads and been highly effective into their late 20's or even into their 30's. There's zero reason to think it's going to be anything that affects him until he's at least 25 or 26 years old when he's coming up on his 2nd contract, and I'm not drafting rookie RBs for what they are going to do 5+ years from now.

He was a great track athlete in HS, so I expect he has a great combine and really improves his stock. He could very well be the #1 RB and overall player in most people's minds on this board by the end of the day Friday after the RBs have worked out.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:48 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:46 am
1000x this. People said the same about USC receivers before JuJu, Big 12 QBs before Mahomes and Baker, and they said it about Wisconsin RBs before Melvin Gordon, which makes this take extra weird.

Also, for all of you pointing out that we forgot Melvin Gordon, keep that same energy for James White!
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:55 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:22 am There are I think 3 common causes of concern about Taylor: fumbles, receiving ability, and number of touches he's already received.

- Fumbles are absolutely the biggest concern for me, nothing will kill a RBs career faster (outside of major injury) than a fumbling problem. He has to get this fixed, but it is absolutely fixable with good coaching and putting in the work on his part.

- His receiving ability is more of a question mark than a concern for me, Wisconsin just doesn't feature the RB as a receiver. They did make an effort to use him more as a receiver this year and I think he did well and showed he can succeed at that part of the game. He'll never be CMC or Barkley as a receiver, but I don't think it will be a weakness or liability to his game, he'll be good enough.

- Workload is a complete non-factor for me, if he had any injury history it might be a bit of an issue, but he's never missed any time due to injury or have any noteworthy injuries I can find news of. There are plenty of RBs throughout the history of the game that have carried big workloads and been highly effective into their late 20's or even into their 30's. There's zero reason to think it's going to be anything that affects him until he's at least 25 or 26 years old when he's coming up on his 2nd contract, and I'm not drafting rookie RBs for what they are going to do 5+ years from now.

He was a great track athlete in HS, so I expect he has a great combine and really improves his stock. He could very well be the #1 RB and overall player in most people's minds on this board by the end of the day Friday after the RBs have worked out.
it's been proven that the college mileage factor isnt a factor in the NFL

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:57 am

Ya, like I said it means absolutely nothing to me, but it's a common flag a lot of people try to raise about him.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:19 am

He has a semi-valid point. Other than Michael Bennett and Gordon, the vast bulk of their famed backs have flamed out. They are famous for building mega offensive lines and featuring backs that are more a biproduct of the OL play then the reverse. That being said, Taylor looks much more like a Gordon or Bennett than a Dayne or Ball or even lesser backs.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:23 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:48 am
1000x this. People said the same about USC receivers before JuJu, Big 12 QBs before Mahomes and Baker, and they said it about Wisconsin RBs before Melvin Gordon, which makes this take extra weird.

Also, for all of you pointing out that we forgot Melvin Gordon, keep that same energy for James White!
Those aren’t analogous comparisons. The USC WR curse wasn’t related to system, the Wisconsin curse was.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:43 am

stoneghost28 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:23 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:48 am

Those aren’t analogous comparisons. The USC WR curse wasn’t related to system, the Wisconsin curse was.
What's the system? You can't punish an RB for playing behind a great offensive line. Sure, they may not play behind a line that talented in the NFL, but it doesn't necessarily mean the RB is fool's gold.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:08 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:22 am There are I think 3 common causes of concern about Taylor: fumbles, receiving ability, and number of touches he's already received.

Taylor's fumble rate is comparable to Miles Sanders, and nobody is talking about that right now. Taylor is the better college player/prospect to Miles, so I don't think it's a major concern for me. It's correctible. I remember AP was a fumble machine early in his career. The workload thing does not concern me. He's shown to be durable, and shown he can handle a full work load without issue on a yearly basis.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:17 am

Ya, the fumbling certainly isn't a killer for his value and can be fixed, I just think it's the one knock that people commonly use against him that has real merit.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Real question, where's Mike at with his RB analysis, I'm dying here.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:30 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:57 pm Real question, where's Mike at with his RB analysis, I'm dying here.
You gotta think it's coming. BUT it also might be a, uhhh... premium article nowadays.

I'm sure he'll weigh in and let us know the plan shortly.