skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:32 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:16 pm
Ice wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:47 pm
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:25 pm

Glad to see other reaction here similar to what I had. Makes no sense after they just paid Cooper and have 2 more years of Gallup
Makes no sense?

The NFL is quite different than fantasy. The concept of taking the BPA in the NFL has been proven for years.

No telling if they take a high end WR in the first round but it actually makes sense. That player would be locked up for 5 years. Cooper is tied in for 2 years.

Might want to look at more like this

Dallas just lost Randall Cobb, a very good slot WR, He just got a 3 year $27 Million dollar contract with 18.75 Million guaranteed.

The 17th player picked last year received a contract that was 4 years for 13.3 million guaranteed. ( Plus a 5th year team option)

While the rookie contacts will increase some it won't be close to Cobb's contract at pick 17.

If Dallas can get a potential game changer for the next 5 years for a very low cost especially at a needed position which a slot position is then it makes sense to do so especially if a WR is at the top of their draft board.

Great points. Pretty much how I see it. Like I said before, I doubt he’s there but it would definitely be hard to pass on him, if he is somehow available.
Lamb would make your offense absolutely lethal. As a Skins fan I'll be holding my breath you dont get him.

Hamler would be a great fit as well. Hoping to dodge those two bullets.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:11 pm

Who would move to the slot at cows if they drafted Lamb? But seriously it's so incredibly unlikely Lamb is still there at that point, now someone like Jefferson would be a lot of fun with Cooper and Gallup on the outside.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:36 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:11 pm Who would move to the slot at cows if they drafted Lamb? But seriously it's so incredibly unlikely Lamb is still there at that point, now someone like Jefferson would be a lot of fun with Cooper and Gallup on the outside.
I was reading one of the Cowboys articles the other day and they speculated that it would probably be Cooper, which makes sense to me. They would play Gallup and Lamb on the outside. I’m thinking there’s virtually no way he is available at #17 and I’m not sure they would take Ruggs, who has a slightly better chance to be there. Can’t wait to find out though!

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:43 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:32 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:16 pm
Ice wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:47 pm

Makes no sense?

The NFL is quite different than fantasy. The concept of taking the BPA in the NFL has been proven for years.

No telling if they take a high end WR in the first round but it actually makes sense. That player would be locked up for 5 years. Cooper is tied in for 2 years.

Might want to look at more like this

Dallas just lost Randall Cobb, a very good slot WR, He just got a 3 year $27 Million dollar contract with 18.75 Million guaranteed.

The 17th player picked last year received a contract that was 4 years for 13.3 million guaranteed. ( Plus a 5th year team option)

While the rookie contacts will increase some it won't be close to Cobb's contract at pick 17.

If Dallas can get a potential game changer for the next 5 years for a very low cost especially at a needed position which a slot position is then it makes sense to do so especially if a WR is at the top of their draft board.

Great points. Pretty much how I see it. Like I said before, I doubt he’s there but it would definitely be hard to pass on him, if he is somehow available.
Lamb would make your offense absolutely lethal. As a Skins fan I'll be holding my breath you dont get him.

Kinda the same way that I wish the Skins would somehow take Tua or trade back, ha ha. Adding Young is going to be make that front unbelievable. As far as Lamb goes, I really don’t think he will be there. I think the Jets, Raiders, 49ers, maybe the Broncos all seriously think about going WR. I’m down to this, basically as a Cowboys fan, if they can get either K.Chaisson(to replace R.Quinn) or C.J. Henderson(to replace B.Jones), I’m pretty happy with that. Assuming Lamb and Jeudy are gone, which they should be.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:02 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:57 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:47 pm Am I the only one that isnt wowed by Mims on tape? I mean ya he was great at the combine but I don't recall any moments watching game tape that made me go wow this guy is a first round NFL pick.
I tried to go back find where his combine matches his tape and came up fairly short, I'll listen more closely if he's drafted higher in the NFL draft but at the moment he's on my let someone else draft list of players along with Ruggs. If I miss on either I won't be too disappointed as I still think this class is stacked.
Josh Doctson 2.0? An athletic jump ball guy?

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:25 pm

He runs great routes and isn’t just an athletic jump ball guy.

https://youtu.be/8VzzDaz1Hbk

Great video highly recommend anyone watch
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:21 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:36 pm
AussieMate wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:11 pm Who would move to the slot at cows if they drafted Lamb? But seriously it's so incredibly unlikely Lamb is still there at that point, now someone like Jefferson would be a lot of fun with Cooper and Gallup on the outside.
I was reading one of the Cowboys articles the other day and they speculated that it would probably be Cooper, which makes sense to me. They would play Gallup and Lamb on the outside. I’m thinking there’s virtually no way he is available at #17 and I’m not sure they would take Ruggs, who has a slightly better chance to be there. Can’t wait to find out though!
Not sure it would be Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs either as they all may be gone. Dallas has 4 needs to fill in round 1 so the BPA at one of those positions makes sense. Not sure the SS talent is really there at pick 17 outside of maybe McKinney so it may come down to the 4th WR, DB, or DE.

I would love it if Ruggs was there and they took him but then again he has a chance to be the top WR drafted of the big 3.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:14 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:02 pm
AussieMate wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:57 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:47 pm Am I the only one that isnt wowed by Mims on tape? I mean ya he was great at the combine but I don't recall any moments watching game tape that made me go wow this guy is a first round NFL pick.
I tried to go back find where his combine matches his tape and came up fairly short, I'll listen more closely if he's drafted higher in the NFL draft but at the moment he's on my let someone else draft list of players along with Ruggs. If I miss on either I won't be too disappointed as I still think this class is stacked.
Josh Doctson 2.0? An athletic jump ball guy?
Yeah I'm not sure. I'm not prepared to call him a bust but I have my doubts about him. I think my biggest issue with him is when I see him ranked around the #5 WR in he draft . That's what scares me about him. For me I'd probably never invest that much draft capital on him.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:52 am

Thoughts on Pittman?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:55 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:52 am Thoughts on Pittman?
I think he will go in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft and will be a solid player in the league. He's got good measurables and put up some solid numbers at USC. I wouldn't hesitate to use a mid 2nd round rookie pick on him.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:32 pm

Packerland wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:55 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:52 am Thoughts on Pittman?
I think he will go in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft and will be a solid player in the league. He's got good measurables and put up some solid numbers at USC. I wouldn't hesitate to use a mid 2nd round rookie pick on him.
Cool, that's about the evaluation I had on him.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:10 pm

I read on Rotoworld Football that the Steelers are "fully expected to draft a running back" FWIW. I figured as much since Conner can't stay healthy and he's in a contract year. Who do you guys think would be a good fit? Do they go RB at 49 overall or later?
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Packerland wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:10 pm I read on Rotoworld Football that the Steelers are "fully expected to draft a running back" FWIW. I figured as much since Conner can't stay healthy and he's in a contract year. Who do you guys think would be a good fit? Do they go RB at 49 overall or later?
I think 49 is absolutely in play, they've always had their most success on offense when they've had a strong primary option at RB, and probably want to protect themselves from the offense completely collapsing if/when Ben misses time again.

Conner is absolutely nothing special and his strong 2018 was just the result of a perfect storm of beneficial factors, he needs to be replaced. I was told on this forum that I was "crazy" before last season for saying that I would have instantly rejected Conner + Juju for Saquon, not so crazy now...

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:27 pm

I really think it’s a bad move for Pittsburgh to use their second round pick on a running back, but it seems like it’s happening. They interviewed most of the top RBs at the combine.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm

I'd compare it to the Bears drafting Montgomery in the 3rd last year without a 1st or a 2nd. Maybe not quite the same, but with Pitt not having a 1st, why spend your 2nd on an RB when there are better values. If one of the top 3 RBs fall to them, I can understand a little.