More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:51 pm Swift was injured ... not to his legs. Looked like his arm or midsection. He was in a lot of pain.
Being reported it's his Shoulder.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:26 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:53 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:51 pm Swift was injured ... not to his legs. Looked like his arm or midsection. He was in a lot of pain.
Supposedly it't not that bad.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:26 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:53 pm
Supposedly it't not that bad.
I guess there's no chance he now drops in the draft to me.....

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:23 pm

Juedy is going to be such a difficult analytical evaluation. This team may legitimately have 3-4 top 3 round WRs. All of them are just parasitically just feeding off each other’s production.

I will say seeing Juedy dissappear at times has made me question him being an unquestioned top WR. Good route runner, definitely has YAC ability, but if he was as good as he’s been hyped to be it will be difficult to explain away his lackluster production profile.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:25 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:23 pm Juedy is going to be such a difficult analytical evaluation. This team may legitimately have 3-4 top 3 round WRs. All of them are just parasitically just feeding off each other’s production.

I will say seeing Juedy dissappear at times has made me question him being an unquestioned top WR. Good route runner, definitely has YAC ability, but if he was as good as he’s been hyped to be it will be difficult to explain away his lackluster production profile.
Josh Jacobs had horrible usage as well ... it’s just the way it is with Alabama & their ridiculous depth.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:25 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:23 pm Juedy is going to be such a difficult analytical evaluation. This team may legitimately have 3-4 top 3 round WRs. All of them are just parasitically just feeding off each other’s production.

Josh Jacobs had horrible usage as well ... it’s just the way it is with Alabama & their ridiculous depth.
Yeah, but you’ve had multiple lower usage RB prospects like Kamara, Jacobs, Arian Foster, CJ Anderson, and I’m sure there are others that have become top RBs.
With WRs it’s much much more unlikely you become an elite WR1 if you don’t have above average market share numbers over your career and in your last year.
He’s going to be drafted as if he’s the next elite WR1 prospect.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:58 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Yeah, but you’ve had multiple lower usage RB prospects like Kamara, Jacobs, Arian Foster, CJ Anderson, and I’m sure there are others that have become top RBs.
With WRs it’s much much more unlikely you become an elite WR1 if you don’t have above average market share numbers over your career and in your last year.
I feel similarly about Justyn Ross on Clemson, he’s a year away but he is having a worse year than last year. The thing is these dominant teams are ahead so big by halftime they get shut down. I think usage during the playoffs will be very telling.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:15 pm

Yeah. I like him, but I think he's overrated by some. Being the unquestioned 1.01 in a tier of his own I am just not on board with.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:15 pm

Yeah. I like him, but I think he's overrated by some. Being the unquestioned 1.01 in a tier of his own I am just not on board with.
It’s not like he’s losing share to a bunch of scrubs ... Ruggs is likely a first rounder, Smith is probably a Top 3 round guy, and who knows with Waddle ... he could be a first round pick in 2021. Jeudy is often comped with Julio, but there was no where near the amount of talent at WR in Julio’s final year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:37 pm

It’s not like he’s losing share to a bunch of scrubs ... Ruggs is likely a first rounder, Smith is probably a Top 3 round guy, and who knows with Waddle ... he could be a first round pick in 2021. Jeudy is often comped with Julio, but there was no where near the amount of talent at WR in Julio’s final year.
Whoever made that comp, it's a poor one IMO. Jeudy isn't nearly the athlete or size of Julio. Jeudy is about 6 foot and 190 pounds, and not as fast as JJ. I don't think his ceiling is Julio. I said it before, and I'll say it again, I think that Jeudy is a good player, but even more recent Alabama WR Amari Cooper was the better prospect compared to Jeudy for me. I haven't seen anything since I made that statement to think otherwise. I don't think Jeudy is locked and loaded 1.01 in this class. I think he can be a fine NFL WR, though. He's not some once every 5 or 10 year player or anything. In saying that, I'd love to see him in Silver and Black. Raiders need a WR like him.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 pm

So '21 is shaping up to be another potentially strong WR class

Justyn Ross
Rondale Moore
Jaylen Waddle
Jamar Chase

All look like they could be going high, still early though.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:31 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 pm So '21 is shaping up to be another potentially strong WR class

Justyn Ross
Rondale Moore
Jaylen Waddle
Jamar Chase

All look like they could be going high, still early though.
Rashod Bateman

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Ruggs will prolly be a second round pick and I won't be surprised if Smith is picked ahead of him. If Al Davis was still around Ruggs would be a top 5 pick. Smith is a more complete WR compared to Ruggs imo. And yeah as Freak stated the Julio comp is terrible for Jeudy and I like him a ton but he's the #2 WR in this class imo.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Yeah I am starting to question Jeudy as well. My wife, sister in law, and father in law are Bama fans(I'm Lsu). So I have seen a decent bit of the games. There have been at least 4 games this year where he was out played by 1 or more wr's on his team. Watching Bama/Auburn game now and all they have been doing is talking up every Bama wr except Jeudy. Waddles elite speed and Smiths ability to get off the line and beat his man better than anyone on the team.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:37 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Ruggs will prolly be a second round pick and I won't be surprised if Smith is picked ahead of him. If Al Davis was still around Ruggs would be a top 5 pick. Smith is a more complete WR compared to Ruggs imo. And yeah as Freak stated the Julio comp is terrible for Jeudy and I like him a ton but he's the #2 WR in this class imo.
I hope you guys are right, because best case scenario I end up with 1.03 ... I’ll be doing backflips if I get Jeudy at 1.03.