More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:15 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:04 am
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:56 am Chiefs picked up Damien Williams' option, so that should pretty put an end to the early RB to KC fantasies.
He can't carry the load for the whole season. It's in their best interest to pick up one of the good rbs.
I don’t get this. They won the super bowl with 2 guys nobody wanted and a 6th round pick. Why invest more at RB?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:42 am

At $2.3 million in the final year of his deal that's not a bad option to pick up. But i do foresee them taking a RB in the 3rd-4th round as insurance and mold him for next year.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:27 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:15 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:04 am
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:56 am Chiefs picked up Damien Williams' option, so that should pretty put an end to the early RB to KC fantasies.
He can't carry the load for the whole season. It's in their best interest to pick up one of the good rbs.
I don’t get this. They won the super bowl with 2 guys nobody wanted and a 6th round pick. Why invest more at RB?
Exactly. Their best interest is Mahomes. So unless that RB is really good on the OL, I don't see it happening

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Safe bet they're bringing in an RB somehow. McCoy is gone and there's not much else behind Williams. I just don't see them using a 1st round pick on an RB given they have more important needs elsewhere.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Rounds 1-3 will go CB, LB, iOL in some order
Round 4 I see us taking a look at offensive skill position (likely RB but don't count out WR with Sammy likely gone)--maybe earlier if we get a pick between now and then

I bet we get a guy from the Vaughn/Moss tier. Maybe get CEH or Akers if one slips. All are guys (especially the last two) that I think would pique Reid's interest.
I agree that RB is not a huge need and roll my eyes at any mock having us go RB first round, but don't forget how dominant our offense was with Hunt before his suspension. There is always another gear, and based on Reid's track record, I think he would favor a workhorse all purpose guy if he can land one.

Nothing authoritative just my personal opinion/thoughts

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:44 pm

I hate to ruin the party holding Antonio Gibson under wraps, but that man is a top 5 RB. I’d seriously be surprised if he makes it out of the 3rd round. His versatility, athleticism, and stocky frame gives him a real shot at being a very good weapon at the next level. I think he seriously fits a team like the Chiefs who could look to add a piece to their backfield while also adding WR depth. Not enough production to be a 1st Round Pick, but hot damn I’d seriously be surprised if he isn’t a top 3 Round Pick.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:58 pm

very quiet in here
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:22 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:44 pm I hate to ruin the party holding Antonio Gibson under wraps, but that man is a top 5 RB. I’d seriously be surprised if he makes it out of the 3rd round. His versatility, athleticism, and stocky frame gives him a real shot at being a very good weapon at the next level. I think he seriously fits a team like the Chiefs who could look to add a piece to their backfield while also adding WR depth. Not enough production to be a 1st Round Pick, but hot damn I’d seriously be surprised if he isn’t a top 3 Round Pick.
No he's not. He's not even listed as a RB yet. Good upside player with good athleticism who can be a manufactured touch guy, but he's done nothing to justify top 5 RB status.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:34 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:22 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:44 pm I hate to ruin the party holding Antonio Gibson under wraps, but that man is a top 5 RB. I’d seriously be surprised if he makes it out of the 3rd round. His versatility, athleticism, and stocky frame gives him a real shot at being a very good weapon at the next level. I think he seriously fits a team like the Chiefs who could look to add a piece to their backfield while also adding WR depth. Not enough production to be a 1st Round Pick, but hot damn I’d seriously be surprised if he isn’t a top 3 Round Pick.
No he's not. He's not even listed as a RB yet. Good upside player with good athleticism who can be a manufactured touch guy, but he's done nothing to justify top 5 RB status.
Well maybe that says more about how I value the rest of the RBs after Akers and Dobbins. I’m telling you don’t sleep on him.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:47 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:34 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:22 pm
Well maybe that says more about how I value the rest of the RBs after Akers and Dobbins. I’m telling you don’t sleep on him.
I'm not, but I can't justify RB5 for a guy that is listed as a WR and had 78 career college touches, 33 career college rushes in division 1. Even at JUCO he didn't do much. 50 receptions and 43 carries in 2 years there, so while he may be a sleeper with upside, putting him in the top 5 is a massive reach to me. The guy certainly has shown big play ability, so in the 3rd round of a rookie draft I'd be eying him, for sure. I have my doubts he's a day 2 NFL pick, I think there is far too much depth in this class at a lot of positions for someone to need to pick him on day 2.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Anybody putting Jefferson ahead of any WR not named Jeudy or Lamb? I have the 1.08 and am thinking of taking him there. Is my ranking here off?

01. JT
02. Swift
03. Jeudy
04. Lamb
05. Dobbins
06. Akers
07. Jefferson

I just have issues with Higgins, Reagor, and Ruggs. IDK.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:36 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:58 pm very quiet in here
The coronavirus has basically zapped the stream of information we're used to getting around this time. No visits, no workouts, very few rumors. Draft is in about a month, so it'll pick back up closer to then.

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:40 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:04 pm Anybody putting Jefferson ahead of any WR not named Jeudy or Lamb? I have the 1.08 and am thinking of taking him there. Is my ranking here off?

01. JT
02. Swift
03. Jeudy
04. Lamb
05. Dobbins
06. Akers
07. Jefferson

Those are my top 7 in the exact same order. I would then put Ruggs, Reagor, and Mims next. I have Higgins as a mid second.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:23 pm

He’s a very limited receiver, pretty much lined up exclusively inside and needs manufactured touches to make an impact in the receiving game.

I agree he looked much better running the ball, but he tested as a wide receiver at the combine and had 33 carries this year - does he even want to play running back?

Pollard was a much more rounded prospect IMO and he went in the 4th. I’d want to hear the GM say they envision him in the running game or he’s a waste of a pick.

For reference I actually drafted Pollard in the 4th round of our rookie draft but I thought he looked great running the ball in college off a much bigger sample size, and tested as a running back.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Packerland wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:40 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:04 pm Anybody putting Jefferson ahead of any WR not named Jeudy or Lamb? I have the 1.08 and am thinking of taking him there. Is my ranking here off?

01. JT
02. Swift
03. Jeudy
04. Lamb
05. Dobbins
06. Akers
07. Jefferson

Those are my top 7 in the exact same order. I would then put Ruggs, Reagor, and Mims next. I have Higgins as a mid second.
Awesome. I don't mind taking a guy at #8 who is "supposed to go" at 12, I mean, who cares, what's four spots, it's all conjecture. But I just haven't been impressed with Ruggs, Reagor, and Higgins, and HAVE BEEN with Jefferson and Mims. So, it's nice to hear from somebody else that I'm not insane. LOL. Another website I frequent has JJ as the #3 WR too, so, that's nice to hear as well.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: