alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:42 pm
Farley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Production doesn't really line up. CMC put up almost 2700 yards from scrimmage as a sophomore, before putting up almost 1900 as a junior in 3 less games. CEH was a 1 year wonder, who's only good season came playing in perhaps the greatest offense of all time. They may be utilized the same way in their offense to a degree, but CEH is not nearly the talent or prospect CMC was.
I think people are using the benefit of hindsight to evaluate CMC as a prospect.

- If I recall, going into the combine, the general consensus was not too high on him despite the collegiate production and awards
- Coming out of the combine, more people were on board because of his elite agility testing. There were still many detractors who cited various concerns including strength issues
- A lot of people were stunned he went so high in the draft. Obviously, it was then that many started taking him very seriously given the incredibly high draft capital. Still, there was a lot who thought the Panthers' really reached. And a DLF forum RB guru had nothing positive at all to say about him even after the NFL draft.[/b]

So I don't think comparing CEH's strengths and running style to CMC as a prospect is really all the outlandish. Nobody is saying CEH will be the number dynasty asset in fantasy football within a few years. They're just saying they see some similarities, despite some obvious differences.
Sure, I agree there are some similarities. However some teams were obviously high on CMC going into the combine. As you said, he ended up going 8th overall, so unless CEH's draft capital somewhat resembles that, the NFL will also be telling us he's not a similar prospect. Play style is really the only thing that is comparable, as production, awards, most athletic measurables, (other than vert),and most likely draft capital surely aren't comparable.
So they literally aren’t comparable besides “play style” which is an incredibly subjective observation. They were both used extensively as a receiver in college. And somehow out of this simple fact CEH gets compared to McCaffrey.

Also I guess from a comparison standpoint you can say McCaffrey without the long speed (or basically NFL speed in general). If you take away McCaffrey’s breakaway ability due to his long speed what does he become? A super good Theo Riddick? We don’t know.

And hindsight has nothing to do with this. I had McCaffrey as a top 3-4 RB in 2017 before he came in before he was drafted and watched the majority of his games as a junior. It was clear he had 4.45-4.5 speed and some incredible quickness. My personal opinion and obviously subjective, CEH doesn’t have that same explosiveness on tape. He’s a physical back with good contact balance and what sems like some solid quickness to evade tacklers.

If you wanted to do a ridiculous ceiling comp, if he tests as well as he should quickness wise he’d prolly compare much closer to Kareem Hunt than McCaffrey. But that is stereotypical, draft probing, media level comps. I personally don’t think he’s a great prospect, but his tape is solid and he’s a good receiver so he’ll probably get a shot somewhere
Last edited by alewilliam789 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:38 pm

It’s OK to agree to disagree.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:27 pm

lic217 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:38 pm It’s OK to agree to disagree.
Do you know where you are?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Production doesn't really line up. CMC put up almost 2700 yards from scrimmage as a sophomore, before putting up almost 1900 as a junior in 3 less games. CEH was a 1 year wonder, who's only good season came playing in perhaps the greatest offense of all time. They may be utilized the same way in their offense to a degree, but CEH is not nearly the talent or prospect CMC was.
I think people are using the benefit of hindsight to evaluate CMC as a prospect.

- If I recall, going into the combine, the general consensus was not too high on him despite the collegiate production and awards
- Coming out of the combine, more people were on board because of his elite agility testing. There were still many detractors who cited various concerns including strength issues
- A lot of people were stunned he went so high in the draft. Obviously, it was then that many started taking him very seriously given the incredibly high draft capital. Still, there was a lot who thought the Panthers' really reached. And a DLF forum RB guru had nothing positive at all to say about him even after the NFL draft.

So I don't think comparing CEH's strengths and running style to CMC as a prospect is really all the outlandish. Nobody is saying CEH will be the number dynasty asset in fantasy football within a few years. They're just saying they see some similarities, despite some obvious differences.
Sure, I agree there are some similarities. However some teams were obviously high on CMC going into the combine. As you said, he ended up going 8th overall, so unless CEH's draft capital somewhat resembles that, the NFL will also be telling us he's not a similar prospect. Play style is really the only thing that is comparable, as production, awards, most athletic measurables, (other than vert),and most likely draft capital surely aren't comparable.
Other than the 40, which testing results/measurements that CEH participated in are worse than CMC's?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:03 pm

Farley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:23 pm

- A lot of people were stunned he went so high in the draft. Obviously, it was then that many started taking him very seriously given the incredibly high draft capital. Still, there was a lot who thought the Panthers' really reached. And a DLF forum RB guru had nothing positive at all to say about him even after the NFL draft.

Other than the 40, which testing results/measurements that CEH participated in are worse than CMC's?
Well, what made CMC special was his agility, and from what I can tell CEH didn't do any of those tests?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:57 pm

Who would you prefer, right now—CEH or Dillon?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:58 pm

CEH easily.

This is a passing league. Natural pass catching RB's are the future.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:09 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:03 pm

Well, what made CMC special was his agility, and from what I can tell CEH didn't do any of those tests?
Ummm. You thought he was trash....not special.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:46 pm

Farley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:09 pm

Ah, yet another troll.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:53 pm

Ummmmm. So what's you're point? Nothing, as far as I can see. It's all the agility drills, come on. CMC destroyed all of them. Even the 60 yard shuttle. CEH pulled out of all of them.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/clyde-edw ... 06e680f700

Notice the stars. The 6.57 3 cone is insane. So is his 60 yard shuttle IMO. CEH isn't comparable to CMC, other that height and weight, basically. It's a joke. Anyone thinking they are close in skill level and future NFL production I challenge you to put it on the line now, or else stop the nonsense. Make a statement other than hot takes that never get called out 2 year later. You think CEH equals CMC's production? Or even 80 percent of it? Put a number to it and call it out, or else stop with it. Hot takes are easy, but people need to be called out on them. What's CEH vs CMC? Give some percentages of production. Something tangible, so we can call you back on it, or do you just want to make "uuuum" comments?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:46 pm

Ah, yet another troll.
Nope.

Just someone who owns his mistakes and expects others to as well. And someone who actually appreciates your work as it offers great insight.

But we can’t be right with every prediction. And you are probably the last one on here who can say that CEH can’t be stylistically compared to CMC as a prospects because CMC was thought of as “special” after his combine. Simply put, you felt the opposite at the time.

Unfortunately reality is not as revisable as your model.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Farley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 pm

Ah, yet another troll.
Nope.

Just someone who owns his mistakes and expects others to as well. And someone who actually appreciates your work as it offers great insight.

But we can’t be right with every prediction. And you are probably the last one on here who can say that CEH can’t be stylistically compared to CMC as a prospects because CMC was thought of as “special” after his combine. Simply put, you felt the opposite at the time.

At the time yes. Now, no. Pretty simple to understand, if you’re not a troll that is...

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:53 pm

Ummmmm. So what's you're point? Nothing, as far as I can see. It's all the agility drills, come on. CMC destroyed all of them. Even the 60 yard shuttle. CEH pulled out of all of them.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/clyde-edw ... 06e680f700

Notice the stars. The 6.57 3 cone is insane. So is his 60 yard shuttle IMO. CEH isn't comparable to CMC, other that height and weight, basically. It's a joke. Anyone thinking they are close in skill level and future NFL production I challenge you to put it on the line now, or else stop the nonsense. Make a statement other than hot takes that never get called out 2 year later. You think CEH equals CMC's production? Or even 80 percent of it? Put a number to it and call it out, or else stop with it. Hot takes are easy, but people need to be called out on them. What's CEH vs CMC? Give some percentages of production. Something tangible, so we can call you back on it, or do you just want to make "uuuum" comments?
First off, not one person said that CEH would produce anywhere close to CMC in the NFL. It wasn’t part of the discussion at all.

Secondly, I play at some of the highest levels of high stakes dynasty leagues. I don’t need to put it on the line now. Because I already do it. You want to put your money where your mouth is, join one of those leagues.

PM me if interested and I’ll make sure to join the one you enter.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:12 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Farley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 pm

Ah, yet another troll.
Nope.

At the time yes. Now, no. Pretty simple to understand, if you’re not a troll that is...
And the discussion was centered around comparing CEH to CMC as PROSPECTS. So the “at the time” part is pretty relevant.

Obviously we all know CMC is a beast now.