Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:00 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:51 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:50 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:44 pm

In the past they seemed to vary a lot. Whatever method they use to record it does not seem to be consistent throughout the years. 1.53 in past years would be an elite time
That's because he doesnt know what hes talking about and just says stuff.
Oh, i didn’t check the names of who was posting. Just assumed it was the original person
ignore skinfanjon. all of his posts are an attempt to insult me. he adds nothing to this board and is making quite the reputation for himself lately. hes fixing to get himself banned from yet another forum lol

the combine results show that almost everyone but Taylor was 1.53 or 1.54

https://steelersdepot.com/2020-nfl-scou ... s-tracker/

not sure if a thousandth or two of a second actually means anything but knock yourself out

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:32 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:00 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:51 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:50 pm

That's because he doesnt know what hes talking about and just says stuff.
Oh, i didn’t check the names of who was posting. Just assumed it was the original person
ignore skinfanjon. all of his posts are an attempt to insult me. he adds nothing to this board and is making quite the reputation for himself lately. hes fixing to get himself banned from yet another forum lol

the combine results show that almost everyone but Taylor was 1.53 or 1.54

https://steelersdepot.com/2020-nfl-scou ... s-tracker/

not sure if a thousandth or two of a second actually means anything but knock yourself out
Lol right. Because this is the only year they've ever timed 10 yard splits. Theres no historical context to consider whatsoever.

Hint: most years there is a lot more variance

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:00 am

Did anyone around here know that CEH quite possibly killed somebody a few years ago? Ray Garvin said it was CEH who fired the shots, but I can't confirm this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... cutor-says
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:00 am Did anyone around here know that CEH quite possibly killed somebody a few years ago? Ray Garvin said it was CEH who fired the shots, but I can't confirm this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... cutor-says
Start the CEH 1.01 thread ASAP!
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:25 am

Curious to see where Anthony McFarland lands. I'm liking him as a late round prospect the more I dig.

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/12 ... 68480?s=19
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:35 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:22 am There are I think 3 common causes of concern about Taylor: fumbles, receiving ability, and number of touches he's already received.

- Fumbles are absolutely the biggest concern for me, nothing will kill a RBs career faster (outside of major injury) than a fumbling problem. He has to get this fixed, but it is absolutely fixable with good coaching and putting in the work on his part.

- His receiving ability is more of a question mark than a concern for me, Wisconsin just doesn't feature the RB as a receiver. They did make an effort to use him more as a receiver this year and I think he did well and showed he can succeed at that part of the game. He'll never be CMC or Barkley as a receiver, but I don't think it will be a weakness or liability to his game, he'll be good enough.

- Workload is a complete non-factor for me, if he had any injury history it might be a bit of an issue, but he's never missed any time due to injury or have any noteworthy injuries I can find news of. There are plenty of RBs throughout the history of the game that have carried big workloads and been highly effective into their late 20's or even into their 30's. There's zero reason to think it's going to be anything that affects him until he's at least 25 or 26 years old when he's coming up on his 2nd contract, and I'm not drafting rookie RBs for what they are going to do 5+ years from now.

He was a great track athlete in HS, so I expect he has a great combine and really improves his stock. He could very well be the #1 RB and overall player in most people's minds on this board by the end of the day Friday after the RBs have worked out.
Props for getting this spot on so far.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 am

Curious how people have reset their RB and WR tiers at this point for the first 10-15 picks or so overall. I have the roof caving in on RB after the top 6 or 7 there, and I have about 11 or 12 WR's in my top 2-3 tiers, I feel like other than the QB's, I seem to have a pretty clear top 18-20 or so. Got a bad feeling for how things filter out around the back end of round 2.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:46 am

stoneghost28 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 am Curious how people have reset their RB and WR tiers at this point for the first 10-15 picks or so overall. I have the roof caving in on RB after the top 6 or 7 there, and I have about 11 or 12 WR's in my top 2-3 tiers, I feel like other than the QB's, I seem to have a pretty clear top 18-20 or so. Got a bad feeling for how things filter out around the back end of round 2.
This is how I have it, post combine:

Swift
Taylor
Lamb
------------
Akers
Dobbins
Jeudy
--------------
Clyde-Helaire
Jefferson
---------------
Raegor
Mims (need to look closer still but have him here rn)
----------------
Moss
Ruggs

Tier 1
Lamb has become my favorite player in this draft but he still slots in behind the top two RBs purely based on value. Like both RBs a lot, slight lean to Swift but both are excellent prospects and would be thrilled with either. I think Lamb is going to be dominant from the jump.

Tier 2
Need to look closer as I'm not sure on whether to flip Dobbins and Akers, but like them both a lot. They have less sizzle than Swift and Taylor so I think they belong a tier below, but either or both could become the best RB in this class and it wouldn't surprise me. If they land in good spots I see low end RB1 or highly desired RB2 production.
To me theres a clear gap between Jeudy and Lamb, so I'll mirror the first tier and put him below the RBs in his neighborhood.

Tier 3
These are my personal draft crushes. Think CHE will be a productive asset for quite a while as his game suits modern nfl so nicely. Needs a creative OC to fully weaponize him though. I've been completely sold on Jefferson for awhile now. Bust factor is super low here, upside a bit below Jeudy but honestly wouldn't shock me if he has a better career for fantasy.

Tier 4
Raegor film just looks super impressive to me. Seems like a real playmaker with good speed and instincts. I'm behind on Mims like everyone else but that combine performance compared to other targets in this range really has my attention. Have started to watch cutups on him and like what I see too. May end up bumping him to tier 3 before it's over.

Tier 5
I was big on Moss before the combine so I'll need to look closer given his 40. Dont think it scares me off him, hes more of a Hunt/Foster type anyway but the question is if hes athletic enough. I think so. Ruggs' speed and huge hands should keep him in the league a long time. Dont see a nuanced route runner and dont think hes very shifty but he can obviously fly. Will likely be a weekly hit or miss guy but think he sticks in the league.

Notable misses
Higgins- I see a lot of Treadwell in his tape and while hes probably a better athlete, it's not by a whole lot.
Shenault- stock is cratering. Needs to be paired with a creative mind anyway but dont think hes very athletic and not sure what trait he has that's special.

Keeping an eye on:
Hamler- landing spot is huge but hes either top of round 2 or could sneak into top 12. Playmaker. Will be a pain in the bleep to account for defensively.

Pittman- warming to him. Love his bloodline and seems like a grinder. Could see him being a solid chain mover and red zone target next level.

Dillion- wow, I did not see that coming. Let's see how he lands but welcome to my radar sir.

Vaughn- kind of a forgotten guy but if he lands well he could rise a bit. Ultimately I see JAG but opportunity is the great equalizer.

Bottom line, I love the top 10 and the next 6 have plenty of value. Burrow and Tua are great targets in the mid or even early 2nd. Great draft and super psyched to have accumulated as many picks as I have across my leagues. Cannot wait until the draft starts.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:57 am

This guy ran the 2020 RBs through his "Jeremy McNichols Filter", identifying two red flags in their profile:

1) a strangely poor track record for guys w/ his type of production profile
2) rush efficiency metrics that suggest a lack of nuance & refined skill

https://twitter.com/noahmoreparties/sta ... 27489?s=01
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:02 am

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:46 am
stoneghost28 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 am Curious how people have reset their RB and WR tiers at this point for the first 10-15 picks or so overall. I have the roof caving in on RB after the top 6 or 7 there, and I have about 11 or 12 WR's in my top 2-3 tiers, I feel like other than the QB's, I seem to have a pretty clear top 18-20 or so. Got a bad feeling for how things filter out around the back end of round 2.
This is how I have it, post combine:

Swift
Taylor
Lamb
------------
Akers
Dobbins
Jeudy
--------------
Clyde-Helaire
Jefferson
---------------
Raegor
Mims (need to look closer still but have him here rn)
----------------
Moss
Ruggs

Tier 1
Lamb has become my favorite player in this draft but he still slots in behind the top two RBs purely based on value. Like both RBs a lot, slight lean to Swift but both are excellent prospects and would be thrilled with either. I think Lamb is going to be dominant from the jump.

Tier 2
Need to look closer as I'm not sure on whether to flip Dobbins and Akers, but like them both a lot. They have less sizzle than Swift and Taylor so I think they belong a tier below, but either or both could become the best RB in this class and it wouldn't surprise me. If they land in good spots I see low end RB1 or highly desired RB2 production.
To me theres a clear gap between Jeudy and Lamb, so I'll mirror the first tier and put him below the RBs in his neighborhood.

Tier 3
These are my personal draft crushes. Think CHE will be a productive asset for quite a while as his game suits modern nfl so nicely. Needs a creative OC to fully weaponize him though. I've been completely sold on Jefferson for awhile now. Bust factor is super low here, upside a bit below Jeudy but honestly wouldn't shock me if he has a better career for fantasy.

Tier 4
Raegor film just looks super impressive to me. Seems like a real playmaker with good speed and instincts. I'm behind on Mims like everyone else but that combine performance compared to other targets in this range really has my attention. Have started to watch cutups on him and like what I see too. May end up bumping him to tier 3 before it's over.

Tier 5
I was big on Moss before the combine so I'll need to look closer given his 40. Dont think it scares me off him, hes more of a Hunt/Foster type anyway but the question is if hes athletic enough. I think so. Ruggs' speed and huge hands should keep him in the league a long time. Dont see a nuanced route runner and dont think hes very shifty but he can obviously fly. Will likely be a weekly hit or miss guy but think he sticks in the league....
I am absolutely praying that somehow a WR climbs into that top 3, maybe 2 in the top 5, as several of my most RB needy teams ended up with at least one first at 1.06 or 1.07. Just really, really hoping that one of the big 3 or Akers consistently falls to 1.06. The first team below, Benchwarmers, has been a nightmare, I simply have not been able to trade WR help for a top 4 pick in the draft or a young vet I like. Finally capitulated and traded Diggs and the 3.02 for McLaurin and the 1.08, if nothing else it gets me a bit younger at WR, and gives me more trade up ammo. Traded some assets (A. Miller, 2nd, 3rd and 4th 2020 rookie picks) earlier for Guice to help augment a backfield so bad, it cost me a playoff spot I'd seemingly had locked up (worse still, in that league two of us that missed the playoffs, ended up picking 1.07 and 1.08 because draft slotting is determined by potential points for 1.01-1.08).

My RB needy teams:

Benchwarmers:
Barkley
Guice/AP/Love
Michel

I have pick 1.07 and 1.08 w/this team and am set at QB, WR, and TE.

Doom and Gloom:
I have Miles Sanders and Nick Chubb and speculative guys like Love, and Edmonds.

I have 1.02, 1.05, and 1.06 in that one.

Latecomers:
A. Jones (who i cant unload to save my life)
R. Penny
C. Edmonds
B. Love
I have 1.01, 1.02 and 1.06 w/this team.

Shire:
Guice/Love
R. Freeman
K. Hunt
R. Jones
J. Jackson

I have 1.04, 1.05

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:20 am

For now, I'm at
Tier 1:
1.01 Swift: Complete bask, I suspect he's the first RB off the board.
1.02 Taylor: Most athletic back and productive back in college w/some concerns.
1.03 Dobbins: Would've liked to have put him 1.03.

Tier 2:
1.04 C. Akers: 3 Down back, only question I have left is draft capital.
1.05 Lamb: #1 WR
1.06 Reagor: I suspect if Jeudy was still on the board I'd trade down as I understand why people like Jeudy
1.07 Jeudy

Tier 3:
1.08 J. Jefferson
1.09: CEH if he has 2nd round draft capital, I probably push him to 1.08 and make him a Tier 2 guy.
1.10: Dillon: He's somewhere between 1.08-1.10 for me now.

Tier 4:
1.11 Shenault-I think he would've looked a lot better if healthy.
1.12 Ruggs-Will have the draft capital, but I wont be drafting him anywhere, his kind of profile is one I just always avoid.

To be continued

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:20 pm

In order, and in tiers...
Tier 1: Taylor, Swift
Tier 2: Dobbins, Akers, CEH, Lamb, Jeudy
Tier 3: Jefferson, Ruggs, Raegor, Burrow
Tier 4: Tua, Dillon, Moss, Gibson, McFarland, Mims, Higgins

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:06 pm

For me in order:

QB:
Tier 1: Burrow, Tua, Herbert
Tier 2: Hurts, Love
Tier 3: Eason, Gordon, Fromm

RB:
Tier 1: Taylor
Tier 2: Swift, Akers, Dobbins*
Tier 3: Vaughn, Dillon, Gibson, CEH, Kelley

WR:
Tier 1: Lamb, Reagor, Jeudy
Tier 2: Mims, Jefferson
Tier 3: Edwards, Shenault, T-Johnson*, Bowden*, Higgins*, Ruggs

TE:
Tier 1: Okwuegbunam, Trautman
Tier 2: Harrison Bryant, Hunter Bryant
Tier 3: Hopkins, Kmet, Sullivan, Asiasi, Keene, Parkinson

*Pending pro day numbers
ALL are all pending draft capital of course.

EDIT: Forgot TE's first time around LOL
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:25 pm

lanemitchell96 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:06 pm For me in order:

QB:

RB:

WR:

TE:

*Pending pro day numbers

You have Herbert in the same tier as Burrow? Is that you moreso thinking Herbert is going to be good or that Burrow isn't all that? Or maybe just a really wide tier. Just curious, thanks! I like the RB ranks and am thinking that Akers might really be that good, while CEH fell post combine for me a bit.

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:40 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:25 pm
lanemitchell96 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:06 pm For me in order:

QB:

RB:

WR:

TE:

*Pending pro day numbers

You have Herbert in the same tier as Burrow? Is that you moreso thinking Herbert is going to be good or that Burrow isn't all that? Or maybe just a really wide tier. Just curious, thanks! I like the RB ranks and am thinking that Akers might really be that good, while CEH fell post combine for me a bit.
I'm thinking it's a wide tier. In my opinion it's more like:

Burrow
Tua
---
Herbert
---
---
---
Next tier

Also, if Herbert goes to LAC, Indy, Tampa, etc, I think he could be right behind Tua if that makes sense?

But yeah, I'm big on Akers! Hopefully he can be a steal in the late first
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L