General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby AussieMate » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:45 am

Packerland wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:21 pm
AussieMate wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:46 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:26 pm For anyone who was worried about Dobbins speed, because Simmons was gaining a bit of ground on him at the end of his 68 yard TD run......Simmons just ran a 4.39. Yikes
:surprised:
Haha, I remember watching that live and thinking that Dobbins wasn't that fast. I also remember watching a video where Simmons raced and either beat or barely lost a race to Travis Etienne.
Simmons is now your 1.01

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 am

When's the draft?

April 23rd.

Wrong answer... not soon enough

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:26 pm For anyone who was worried about Dobbins speed, because Simmons was gaining a bit of ground on him at the end of his 68 yard TD run......Simmons just ran a 4.39. Yikes
Was that before or after he got his ankle wrapped? I can't remember.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:47 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:30 am
Was that before or after he got his ankle wrapped? I can't remember.
Before

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:49 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:48 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:55 am

He doesn't look fluid, though. If he was hurt that badly he wouldn''t have run. He'll put up a better time at his pro day, because they all do due to hand times, but he's just not a great athlete. He wasn't coming out of HS, and that hasn't changed. He didn't strain himself, he stumbled and stopped his run because it would have been a poor time. They are allowed to stop before a certain point. I believe Ruggs did the same thing. Speaking of Ruggs, I question if he was really hurt. I would not be surprised if his agent told him not to do the drills after that 4.27, with the other top WR's running slower than some thought. Had nothing to gain after that time.

Shenault never looked that athletic on the field to me. I don't see what others are seeing with the athleticism. He looks big and strong, but I don't see an overly athletic football player on the field.
Shenault undergoing surgery for the injury I mentioned. Definitely looks like it affected his performance at the combine and he should have sat out completely. 4-6 week recovery timeline, so should be just about healed up by the draft and not limited during offseason/preseason training.
Saw that. He obviously felt good enough to run, though. Regardless, I think we can rule out the 4.40 or sub 4.40 some were predicting. He's a 4.5's guy. I am just not a fan of his game, or his injury history, but that's just my take, I could be wrong, for sure.
You're probably right, but unless we have some recorded times sitting around somewhere, the fact that he ran what he ran needing surgery is pretty shocking to me. I suspect it might lift his draft capital that he toughed it out, if the injury issue is rectified in a way that doesn't make teams nervous. In terms of his forty, it means we know nothing beyond prior record times. I don't suspect he's fastest in the class obviously, but where he sits between high 4.3's and mid 4.5's, who knows at this point. It's kinda good news for him if the injury issue isn't a lingering one (I haven't looked into it). The history is alarming though.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:32 am

One of the reasons I argued there should be concerns about heavy carry loads for some players is precisely this. Using comps from the eighties, and seventies and even nineties doesn't help any w/RB's because the NFL did not have guys like Simmons running downhill at RB's going 4.39, nor Edge's with 4.41 speed like Montez Sweat. One of the many reasons RB careers aren't as long as they once were is the punishment being delivered is being delivered by vastly superior athletes today to 20, 30, 40 years ago. J. Taylor still probably the 1.01, especially if his team plans to use him as a 3 down back, but some just as my argument was rather unfounded in terms of heavy college evidence, using studies w/players from decades ago to show the opposite is a non-starter. Today's NFL is basically destroying RB's bodies much sooner than in the past when guys like Payton, Craig, Dickerson, Dorsett, Riggins, Smith etc could be effective into their thirties.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 am

PR0v3 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:06 pm Will be interesting to see the real NFL draft capital invested in the RBs. Seems like people like Taylor as much as any recent RB save Barkley, but from what I’m seeing it’s still not even clear if he will be the first RB off the board. The fantasy community has consistently been much higher on him than the draft community.
Was listening to Paul P w/the saturday2sunday podcast, and he was unconvinced of Taylor being a 1st rounder. I have my issues with them (not a tape guy, but I listen to get the tape guy input from them and a few others to have a full kind of spectrum of perceptions), but I tend to agree on that point, his view seemed to be that the heavy workload, fumbles, concerns about 2 down skill set, movement of the league away from RB as a priority etc. I'd probably add that it's worth looking at RB needy teams and thinking about directions they might go as well. Some of the playoff teams could go that direction, none of the bad teams really have the draft capital to do so other than Miami, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for Miami to do so when they have an early 2nd, and they might not want to use a year of a rookie contract in a guaranteed non-playoff season where the rookie QB probably sits a bunch. Definitely feels like 1 or 2 teams that pick in the twenties/thirties could go RB, but most teams will probably be peeling off this top four to five in round 2. One thing I could see that might make sense is a team picking in the early thirties trading into the late 1st for a RB so they can have that fifth year option, because if you're gonna draft a rookie RB, you probably want them for five years if you believe heavily in the talent.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:34 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:49 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Shenault undergoing surgery for the injury I mentioned. Definitely looks like it affected his performance at the combine and he should have sat out completely. 4-6 week recovery timeline, so should be just about healed up by the draft and not limited during offseason/preseason training.
Saw that. He obviously felt good enough to run, though. Regardless, I think we can rule out the 4.40 or sub 4.40 some were predicting. He's a 4.5's guy. I am just not a fan of his game, or his injury history, but that's just my take, I could be wrong, for sure.
You're probably right, but unless we have some recorded times sitting around somewhere, the fact that he ran what he ran needing surgery is pretty shocking to me. I suspect it might lift his draft capital that he toughed it out, if the injury issue is rectified in a way that doesn't make teams nervous. In terms of his forty, it means we know nothing beyond prior record times. I don't suspect he's fastest in the class obviously, but where he sits between high 4.3's and mid 4.5's, who knows at this point. It's kinda good news for him if the injury issue isn't a lingering one (I haven't looked into it). The history is alarming though.
It is, but there is no way he's a high 4.3's IMO. There's just a body of evidence to show otherwise, and none to suggest he's capable of that type of time.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:59 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:36 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:58 pm CEH’s 10 yard split was 1.53, good for equal 6th. That’s actually a good time, for comparison it’s faster than Barkley, Kamara, Chubb to name a few (obviously not saying he’s on their level but that he is quicker over 10 yards than any of the above which hasn’t seemed to be an issue for them).
can you post all the 10 yard splits for this class or do you have a link? I didn't see that anywhere :pray:

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:36 pm
cantguardjake wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:58 pm CEH’s 10 yard split was 1.53, good for equal 6th. That’s actually a good time, for comparison it’s faster than Barkley, Kamara, Chubb to name a few (obviously not saying he’s on their level but that he is quicker over 10 yards than any of the above which hasn’t seemed to be an issue for them).
can you post all the 10 yard splits for this class or do you have a link? I didn't see that anywhere :pray:
I'll save you time, almost all are 1.53 lol. it's a worthless stat when everyone is the same

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:21 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 am
PR0v3 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:06 pm Will be interesting to see the real NFL draft capital invested in the RBs. Seems like people like Taylor as much as any recent RB save Barkley, but from what I’m seeing it’s still not even clear if he will be the first RB off the board. The fantasy community has consistently been much higher on him than the draft community.
Was listening to Paul P w/the saturday2sunday podcast, and he was unconvinced of Taylor being a 1st rounder. I have my issues with them (not a tape guy, but I listen to get the tape guy input from them and a few others to have a full kind of spectrum of perceptions), but I tend to agree on that point, his view seemed to be that the heavy workload, fumbles, concerns about 2 down skill set, movement of the league away from RB as a priority etc. I'd probably add that it's worth looking at RB needy teams and thinking about directions they might go as well. Some of the playoff teams could go that direction, none of the bad teams really have the draft capital to do so other than Miami, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for Miami to do so when they have an early 2nd, and they might not want to use a year of a rookie contract in a guaranteed non-playoff season where the rookie QB probably sits a bunch. Definitely feels like 1 or 2 teams that pick in the twenties/thirties could go RB, but most teams will probably be peeling off this top four to five in round 2. One thing I could see that might make sense is a team picking in the early thirties trading into the late 1st for a RB so they can have that fifth year option, because if you're gonna draft a rookie RB, you probably want them for five years if you believe heavily in the talent.
which episode?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:44 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:17 pm
I'll save you time, almost all are 1.53 lol. it's a worthless stat when everyone is the same
In the past they seemed to vary a lot. Whatever method they use to record it does not seem to be consistent throughout the years. 1.53 in past years would be an elite time

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:50 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:44 pm

In the past they seemed to vary a lot. Whatever method they use to record it does not seem to be consistent throughout the years. 1.53 in past years would be an elite time
That's because he doesnt know what hes talking about and just says stuff.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:51 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:50 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:44 pm

That's because he doesnt know what hes talking about and just says stuff.
Oh, i didn’t check the names of who was posting. Just assumed it was the original person