More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby stoneghost28 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 am

Interesting to hear Mosher talk about the RB class and reveal that he thinks CEH will be at least as high as the fourth RB off the board, getting comps from NFL people to Brian Westbrook. As someone who has an over-abundance of 1.05's and 1.06's and wanted to get RB help before Etienne and Hubbard went back to school. Hearing that Akers may be getting "committee back" tag from people is also alarming, and bizarre to me. I do not understand that. Will be super fascinating to see how the ranking evolves based upon the combine, and then the draft itself, a huge one-two punch that does tend to resort positional rankings a bit if unusual things happen and/or there is no consensus on who should go where (reminds me a little of '17, where there was a generally, Davis and Fournette jousting for 1.01, but also a huge amount of supporters split amongst how McCaffrey, Mixon, and Cook should be ranked in that grouping (while Hunt, Juju and Kamara sat behind that big five, as the potential biggest values of all considering where they were going).

Kinda feels like the top 7 or 8 this year is very similar, there will be a massive resort in a few years when we realize which WR's really were best in show, and which RB's were best in class. I don't think we really have a clue. We have preferences, but come 2022, I suspect there will be lots and lots of surprises over how it would be reranked.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:35 am

I really think the top5 RB's are all talented enough to excel in a lead-role in the NFL, potentially as early as their Rookie seasons. They each offer unique playing styles with unique strengths and a few minor weaknesses. But I would feel confident in drafting any of those top5 guys that land in above-average situations with an early 1st.

Running Backs - Taylor / Dobbins / Swift / CEH / Akers
Landing Spots - Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Houston, Kansas City, Miami, San Francisco are all phenomenal landing spots.

2nd Tier Landing Spots (that require some patience or face some level of competition) - Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New York Jets, Buffalo

I'm just hoping those 5 backs end up in any combination of the above landing spots. Things would get really messy in the mid-1st if those guys get drafted to places like Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Green Bay, etc. and the RB desperate teams end up with tier 3 guys like Moss, Eno, etc.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 am

For what it's worth this mock has Swift going to the Titans with them not keeping Henry, and Dobbins to the Chiefs.

Sign me up for this scenario!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... ning-back/
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:09 am

Packerland wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 am For what it's worth this mock has Swift going to the Titans with them not keeping Henry, and Dobbins to the Chiefs.

Personally I would prefer Taylor to Tennessee in a scenario where they let Henry walk. Taylor can step right in to a similar role and carry that load like he's been doing in Wisconsin.

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:14 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:09 am
Packerland wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 am For what it's worth this mock has Swift going to the Titans with them not keeping Henry, and Dobbins to the Chiefs.

Personally I would prefer Taylor to Tennessee in a scenario where they let Henry walk. Taylor can step right in to a similar role and carry that load like he's been doing in Wisconsin.
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:09 am

Yea, I would be ok with any of the top RB's going to the Titans or Chiefs (Dobbins, Swift, Taylor). Taylor is my top overall RB FWIW.

Picks:

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:53 am

stoneghost28 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 am Hearing that Akers may be getting "committee back" tag from people is also alarming, and bizarre to me. I do not understand that.
I'm not surprised, they did the same thing with Drake. Similar prospects, although I like Akers build and contact balance a bit more. Now we've seen what Drake can do with a lead role. Kinda sad years of his prime were wasted as a "committee back", in Miami no less. Oh well, hopefully it will provide a nice buy low window or something. Lol
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:17 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:04 pm Well between Dobbins and Swift, Dobbins looks like he’s going to destroy the combine and Swift at the least should run between 4.45-sub 4.5 depending on how much he weighs in. Checks for me. Can’t find anything on Taylor tho so interested. For me if he runs a 4.5 and provides 50th percentile in everything else I’m still taking 1.01. Super interested to see how CEH tests because his draft stock is hinging on a solid combine

Akers another top SPARQ performer. I hope Juedy and Lamb perform well and are drafted high so he falls to me at 6!
JT is a former track star and I've seen rumors of his 40 being in the 4.3's. He should safely run in the 4.4's at least.
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am

lanemitchell96 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:17 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:04 pm Well between Dobbins and Swift, Dobbins looks like he’s going to destroy the combine and Swift at the least should run between 4.45-sub 4.5 depending on how much he weighs in. Checks for me. Can’t find anything on Taylor tho so interested. For me if he runs a 4.5 and provides 50th percentile in everything else I’m still taking 1.01. Super interested to see how CEH tests because his draft stock is hinging on a solid combine

Akers another top SPARQ performer. I hope Juedy and Lamb perform well and are drafted high so he falls to me at 6!
JT is a former track star and I've seen rumors of his 40 being in the 4.3's. He should safely run in the 4.4's at least.
He should test very well:

"He can run a 4.3 40 all day long."

At 219 pounds, Taylor squats 605 pounds. He can broad-jump 10'9", which would have put him one inch behind the top running back performances at the NFL combine this past spring. His vertical leap of 38 inches would've landed him fourth at the position. And he can do a power clean of 350 pounds.

"We have a couple of offensive and defensive linemen that are around 355, 365, but Taylor is in the top five on the team," Kolodziej adds. "It's freakish."

Picks:

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:13 pm

I still don’t get the Akers love. He runs stiff and doesn’t sink his hips at all. IMO he doesn’t look like he really has a feel for the position, people calling him a top 3 sleeper is as strange as Moss for me.

CEH is an infinitely better running back. Only question mark I have is his pass protection which I haven’t seen much of, but he’s the whole package. I think he’ll be drafted well before Akers.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:59 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm I think Akers has the physical tools to be the top back in this class. He just is missing the intangibles since he is a high-school Wildcat QB converted to rb
Agreed.
What does this mean? Intangibles? Matt Waldman's RSP made a comment that Akers feet aren't quite up to speed with his eyes yet, which could limit him in zone scheme running. Is this an example, perhaps of vision and processing?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm I think Akers has the physical tools to be the top back in this class. He just is missing the intangibles since he is a high-school Wildcat QB converted to rb
Agreed.
What does this mean? Intangibles? Matt Waldman's RSP made a comment that Akers feet aren't quite up to speed with his eyes yet, which could limit him in zone scheme running. Is this an example, perhaps of vision and processing?
Yeah, vision and the other nuances of skill required to play the position he isn't quite there. But he is a physical specimen, at least to my eyes.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:56 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:13 pm I still don’t get the Akers love. He runs stiff and doesn’t sink his hips at all. IMO he doesn’t look like he really has a feel for the position, people calling him a top 3 sleeper is as strange as Moss for me.

CEH is an infinitely better running back. Only question mark I have is his pass protection which I haven’t seen much of, but he’s the whole package. I think he’ll be drafted well before Akers.
Akers can cut and explode very well. He might be a little late to process the right read at times I think, but he moves very well. And he's a great receiver.

CEH "infinitely better"? He's half the athlete.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:56 pm
cantguardjake wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:13 pm I still don’t get the Akers love. He runs stiff and doesn’t sink his hips at all. IMO he doesn’t look like he really has a feel for the position, people calling him a top 3 sleeper is as strange as Moss for me.

Akers can cut and explode very well. He might be a little late to process the right read at times I think, but he moves very well. And he's a great receiver.

CEH "infinitely better"? He's half the athlete.
I don't quite get this take, CEH looks like he has a better feel for the game, Akers can be the greatest athlete ever but if his vision is suspect than he'll do bugger all in the league.
Also it's going to be great when Dobbins and Taylor out perform the "Athletic Freak" Akers at the combine.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Ooh if that’s the case that makes Taylor 1.01 a very nice and easy choice for me. Boys I’m starting to fall off the Swift bandwagon. Good player, but I think he’s smaller than I thought he was and takes a lot of big hits. Great receiver, above average vision, but nothing close to Taylor. My top backs are like this:

Tier 1:
Jonathan Taylor
J.K. Dobbins

Tier 2:
D’Andre Swift

Tier 3:
Akers
CEH

Tier 4:
Eno Benjamin
A bunch of nobodies
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:53 pm
Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Agreed.
Yeah, vision and the other nuances of skill required to play the position he isn't quite there. But he is a physical specimen, at least to my eyes.
To be fair, his offensive line was pitiful. It's hard to judge vision when there was absolutely nothing to see. But his offensive line did provide ample opportunity to judge his pass protection which he totally failed.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates