More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Lawrence will be fine.

Burrow > Tua even if Tua didn't get hurt, probably best QB prospect coming into the league since Luck.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:25 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:14 pm Lawrence will be fine.

Burrow > Tua even if Tua didn't get hurt, probably best QB prospect coming into the league since Luck.
He's so good. I am inclined to agree with you, and I was a huge Tua fan. Tua has 2 years to get to the same level as a player based on age, but Burrow is legit. I just hope the Bengals terrible ownership doesn't ruin him. I'm going to take him in the one SF league I have the 1.01 in. I would take a huge offer to pry that pick away from me at this point. He had perhaps the best season for a college QB in history this year. Not team has ever beaten as many top 5 and top ten teams as LSU, apparently. Burrow put up the best numbers against the best competition. His season is one for the ages. I mean, even with the less than optimum landing spot, he's got to be up there in Dynasty rankings right now. I sure wouldn't trade him for a guy like Baker, and where is he ranked?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 pm

I'll probably be in the minority here, but I would be willing to take the chance on him over everyone but

Mahomes
Lamar
Watson
Wilson
Kyler
Wentz
Dak

Obviously there are some vets with better short-term outlooks and some other promising young guys, but I take a bit of a longer-term view when drafting my teams and take the shots on potential, and Burrow has a ton of potential and looks like he has a good chance of making the most of it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would rather take the chance and miss on him than let him go to someone else and watch him go off.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:52 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 pm I'll probably be in the minority here, but I would be willing to take the chance on him over everyone but

Mahomes
Lamar
Watson
Wilson
Kyler
Wentz
Dak

Obviously there are some vets with better short-term outlooks and some other promising young guys, but I take a bit of a longer-term view when drafting my teams and take the shots on potential, and Burrow has a ton of potential and looks like he has a good chance of making the most of it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would rather take the chance and miss on him than let him go to someone else and watch him go off.
No. your'e not wrong. I mean, in a vacuum, I'd take him over Kyler. What Joe did in college vs Kyler was better. They both really only have one good season to go on, but Joe's was the greatest single season by a QB in college history. 15 games of brilliance. The progression from year 1 to year 2 was startling. Kyler landed in the best possible spot in the NFL to maximize his skillset, though, so it's a tough one there. I think that's about right. The only thing that bothers me about Joe is the landing spot, because their ownership is terrible, though they usually have good offensive skill players, and do have a few right now. I wish he wasn't from Ohio, because he would be more likely to pull an Eli/Elway. That would be in his best interest, but I know he won't do it, because it's his home state.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:32 am

I know it’s against inferior competition but Antonio Gandy Golden is impressive. Much more so than the likes of Shenault, Reagor etc IMO.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:43 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:27 pm Chase looks like the early favorite for #1 non-QB in next years class, but there's a good amount of competition, the WR class next year is possibly even better than this year.
Chase and Jefferson, what a duo they've been this year eesh.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:58 am

Servo wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:43 am
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:27 pm Chase looks like the early favorite for #1 non-QB in next years class, but there's a good amount of competition, the WR class next year is possibly even better than this year.
Chase and Jefferson, what a duo they've been this year eesh.
Was I the only one who thought that OPI Call was bad.
To me it looked as a 50/50 ball and the defender sliped.

Next Play Lawrence fumbels = game over
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 am

That OPI will be remembered by Clemmy fans for a while, they were down 17 at the time and who knows what that TD could have inspired.

I believe there was still ~10 minutes to go, so there was time left.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:30 am

It was a bit of a ticky tack call in that spot, but LSU played better, blaming refs is weak.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:49 am

The way Lawrence played, they weren't coming back. LSU deserved the win, they were the better team, and the QB play was night and day.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:59 am

If they play 10 times it goes 5/5 or 6/4, but in football all you get is 1 game and this one was LSU's. Clemson and Lawrence will be back next year and be the favorites to win it all again, this was just LSU and Burrow's year.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:01 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:30 am It was a bit of a ticky tack call in that spot, but LSU played better, blaming refs is weak.
Sports are funny in that way. Especially the NFL, with all these small breaks the refs should have a way to make sure their call is correct.

Like before every player is back in posistions a ref sitting outside watching the game have plenty of time to confirm the refs first call.
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:49 am The way Lawrence played, they weren't coming back. LSU deserved the win, they were the better team, and the QB play was night and day.
Well if you put a 70 yd TD Play and remove a lost fumble on his stats, I bet you would say, its a diffrent game.

Im just saying with all the help they have Today and those 40 sek long breaks in game, how can their still be these miss/bad calls ?

Its not on every play it would prolly be 2-3 plays in each game, where the refs would need more time, that it would take Wr and RB to get back to the QB.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:18 am

Not to go on about it, but I still think Burrow with a ten point lead would have been safe, and Lawrence was awful last night, so I really don't think the outcome of who won would have changed, and I didn't agree with the call, BTW. We'll never know. Side note, Etienne has grown on me. He looks like an NFL player. Not even his best game, but I saw enough that I am going to have a hell of a time ranking Dobbins, Taylor, Swift and Etienne.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:28 am

Ya, I think the top 4 RBs are all nearly dead even right now, and any of them have a case for RB1 in the class.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 am

LSU was going to win regardless, but that was an awful call.

The LSU running back was very impressive. I shutter to think what LSU would have done in the semifinals if he had been healthy.