More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:12 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:58 am Quintez Cephus (WR-WIS) declared. Anyone have any insight on him? I'm a Wisconsin homer so I know a little about him, but just curious if anyone else thinks he could be a late round sleeper. Runs crisp routes, solid attributes, but a brief checkered past.
If he tests half-decent I'll probably try to grab him. You can just tell sometimes if a dude is a baller, and this one is. I especially liked how shifty he is after the catch, very hard to take down, just finds a way to get every yard available.
He gives me a Stanley Morgan JR vibe, wasted all my 4ths on that dude

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:38 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:34 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:58 am Quintez Cephus (WR-WIS) declared. Anyone have any insight on him? I'm a Wisconsin homer so I know a little about him, but just curious if anyone else thinks he could be a late round sleeper. Runs crisp routes, solid attributes, but a brief checkered past.
If he tests half-decent I'll probably try to grab him. You can just tell sometimes if a dude is a baller, and this one is. I especially liked how shifty he is after the catch, very hard to take down, just finds a way to get every yard available.
He gives me a Stanley Morgan JR vibe, wasted all my 4ths on that dude
So you spent basically nothing on him?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:43 pm

I think he sjould test well with an above average vertical. Has some strong mits and made some impressive catches. Not sure how high he’ll go, but definitely someone to keep an eye on as possibly a 3rd-5th round NFL pick. Hes also got above average production profile so that’s good as well
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:54 pm

jomaed wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:26 pm
This line summed up exactly what I was thinking when I read the original question. I had no clue who he was prior to year. Watched a couple of Wisky games and he definitely jumped out both times. Haven't done any research on hi yet, so that is my only real opinion.

YouMightDieTryin you have any more detailed thoughts being a fan?
It's a given he's on a team that will never be known for the pass so you have limited film you can go by. He also had that year off which makes things very difficult to grade. Like was said above though he's a true baller. He's someone who is going to put in the work and not take any shortcuts to prove you wrong. I enjoy rooting for those guys (even with his past) because their heart shows they truly want it rather than just gifted athleticism that's thrown away. He has the intangibles to be something of a WR3 if he finds the right spot. Key is right spot.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:57 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:54 pm
jomaed wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:26 pm

This line summed up exactly what I was thinking when I read the original question. I had no clue who he was prior to year. Watched a couple of Wisky games and he definitely jumped out both times. Haven't done any research on hi yet, so that is my only real opinion.

YouMightDieTryin you have any more detailed thoughts being a fan?
It's a given he's on a team that will never be known for the pass so you have limited film you can go by. He also had that year off which makes things very difficult to grade. Like was said above though he's a true baller. He's someone who is going to put in the work and not take any shortcuts to prove you wrong. I enjoy rooting for those guys (even with his past) because their heart shows they truly want it rather than just gifted athleticism that's thrown away. He has the intangibles to be something of a WR3 if he finds the right spot. Key is right spot.
Right spot, and right stock. If he could somehow slip into Day 2 then I'm full steam ahead. If he's Day 3 but in the right spot like Green Bay or Philly then a 4th would be well spent.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 am

AussieMate wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:43 pm Are people completely off Tua? If his medical comes through clean and he declares I'm still taking him over Burrows.
As a redskins fan/victim, I can tell you I'm banging my head against a wall in the forums in discussions over whether Tua should even be in the discussion at 1.02 if he's medically cleared. Nearly everyone thinks I'm insane. They swallowed the twitter rumors from the early hours of the injury, bought them lock stock and barrel, and won't even consider Tua despite all evidence to the contrary. They are also far too sanguine about Dwayne Haskins prospects, bordering on denial. To my mind, Haskins was basically a QB who would've gone 25th-60th in a good QB draft, almost certainly no better than a 2nd rounder, while a healthy, medically cleared Tua would be a 1.01 in a solid or good QB draft. To my mind, we are in position to get Tua, we have not drafted and developed a franchise All Pro caliber QB since Sammy Baugh 85 years ago, the best we've done is Cousins by accident (kind of) 8 years ago, other than that, all our QB's have been middling or best if developed in house (guys like Frerotte, Campbell, Rypien), or acquired through trade (guys like Theismann, Sonny Jurgenson etc).

Now we have a chance to get Tua, and instead everyone everywhere is drooling all over Chase Young, who literally WILL NOT MATTER if Haskins fails to become a top 10-12 QB (and odds are, that's exactly what will happen, to my mind it looks like: 55% Bust 35% League Average or worse starter and 10% top 10 QB). I'm tearing my hair out over this. Yes Young will be lovely, but if Haskins sucks, again, it won't matter AT ALL. The NFL is a QB's game, period. Tua is sitting right there, band because of his injury and Snyder's love affair with Haskins since his High School days, he's got blinders on. The only saving grace is that if a worst case scenario plays out with Haskins, that would put my garbage redskins in position to draft Trevor Lawrence possibly in '21, or at least a good QB prospect in '22. It was my same argument in support of the RGIII trade in '12: Yes it was a lot to give up, but if you land the megastar QB, you don't care, and if you miss, it will likely become obvious and time to move on by '15, and at that point, you'll probably be rock bottom and in position to draft a stud QB, no longer owing the Rams any 1st rounders (would've been Winston/Mariota-HA, except Cousins ended up becoming a franchise QB short circuiting my logic).

Anyway, if Tua is medically cleared (and it sounds good so far), I'll be going after him in super flex leagues though I have no idea if I'll have the draft capital to get him, unfortunately, no burrow for me unless someone does something incredibly stupid:
RSO Laptops:
1.04 (via trade)

RSO Exotic:

Deep Dynasty Super Flex:
1.03 (via trade)

Deep Dynasty Duo Super Flex:
1.03 (via trade)
1.08 (via trade)

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 am

When is a good time to draft Tua in a 1QB league? My league seems to not value QBs very much, here's where they've gone in the past:
2017: Mahomes and Watson went late 3rd
2018: Lamar and Baker went mid 3rd, Darnold Mid 4th
2019: Kyler went early 2nd, Haskins went mid 3rd

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:42 am

IBall2 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 am When is a good time to draft Tua in a 1QB league? My league seems to not value QBs very much, here's where they've gone in the past:
2017: Mahomes and Watson went late 3rd
2018: Lamar and Baker went mid 3rd, Darnold Mid 4th
2019: Kyler went early 2nd, Haskins went mid 3rd
He'll probably be around mid 3 in that leagues, so anytime in the 3rd is fine to take him.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:45 am

Jake Fromm declared.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:09 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:45 am Jake Fromm declared.
Brady 2.0? :think:
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:50 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:09 pm
Dalton 2.0

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:50 pm
Dalton 2.0
Own him in my 16 team SF devy league, could do a lot worse than Andy Dalton.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 pm

Dalton 2.0
"He doesn't pop off the page with his physical tools, however. He won't win games with his legs and his arm isn't powerful. Those factors limit his ceiling, making him an unsexy option at quarterback, but at the very least should translate in the NFL as a solid game-manager." - Bleacher Report

I guess my initial wishful thinking was that was a summary of TB12. But after you said Dalton and I reread it again it sounds just like him too. :lol:

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:15 pm

Dalton 2.0
Poor man's Chad Pennington
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:49 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 am
AussieMate wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:43 pm Are people completely off Tua? If his medical comes through clean and he declares I'm still taking him over Burrows.
As a redskins fan/victim, I can tell you I'm banging my head against a wall in the forums in discussions over whether Tua should even be in the discussion at 1.02 if he's medically cleared. Nearly everyone thinks I'm insane. They swallowed the twitter rumors from the early hours of the injury, bought them lock stock and barrel, and won't even consider Tua despite all evidence to the contrary. They are also far too sanguine about Dwayne Haskins prospects, bordering on denial. To my mind, Haskins was basically a QB who would've gone 25th-60th in a good QB draft, almost certainly no better than a 2nd rounder, while a healthy, medically cleared Tua would be a 1.01 in a solid or good QB draft. To my mind, we are in position to get Tua, we have not drafted and developed a franchise All Pro caliber QB since Sammy Baugh 85 years ago, the best we've done is Cousins by accident (kind of) 8 years ago, other than that, all our QB's have been middling or best if developed in house (guys like Frerotte, Campbell, Rypien), or acquired through trade (guys like Theismann, Sonny Jurgenson etc).

Now we have a chance to get Tua, and instead everyone everywhere is drooling all over Chase Young, who literally WILL NOT MATTER if Haskins fails to become a top 10-12 QB (and odds are, that's exactly what will happen, to my mind it looks like: 55% Bust 35% League Average or worse starter and 10% top 10 QB). I'm tearing my hair out over this. Yes Young will be lovely, but if Haskins sucks, again, it won't matter AT ALL. The NFL is a QB's game, period. Tua is sitting right there, band because of his injury and Snyder's love affair with Haskins since his High School days, he's got blinders on. The only saving grace is that if a worst case scenario plays out with Haskins, that would put my garbage redskins in position to draft Trevor Lawrence possibly in '21, or at least a good QB prospect in '22. It was my same argument in support of the RGIII trade in '12: Yes it was a lot to give up, but if you land the megastar QB, you don't care, and if you miss, it will likely become obvious and time to move on by '15, and at that point, you'll probably be rock bottom and in position to draft a stud QB, no longer owing the Rams any 1st rounders (would've been Winston/Mariota-HA, except Cousins ended up becoming a franchise QB short circuiting my logic).

Anyway, if Tua is medically cleared (and it sounds good so far), I'll be going after him in super flex leagues though I have no idea if I'll have the draft capital to get him, unfortunately, no burrow for me unless someone does something incredibly stupid:
RSO Laptops:
1.04 (via trade)

RSO Exotic:

Deep Dynasty Super Flex:
1.03 (via trade)

Deep Dynasty Duo Super Flex:
1.03 (via trade)
1.08 (via trade)
Had a fairly similar chat with some mates before Burrow shot up the board, we didn't think you'd get the 1.01 (dolphins at the time) and thought Chase Young was your best bet, stick with Haskins as he'll probably get you a top 2 pick next year and get Lawrence or Fields.