General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:03 pm
djeternal2 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:28 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:19 pm It seems to be a pretty large consensus that the Cardinals will be getting a WR relatively early in the draft to replace the inevitable loss of Fitz. I don't know how much control Kliff has but I can certainly see him being more oriented toward adding weapons and defense. Their offense is so focused on being quick hits that they could potentially continue to neglect the o-line. Whether that'll work or not remains to be seen.
I think that's more of a FA signing than it is drafting another WR. Not all WRs come in and instantly produce year 1 and they just drafted 3 guys last year. I think if they are looking to replace Fitz they would be looking to do it for veteran presence with all the young WRs already on board. It's not like Fitz is putting up WR1 #s again this year.
Oh I agree that logically looking at FA probably makes the most sense - but teams aren't always logical.
Again, I think a lot of it will come down to how much say Kliff has. Due to his college experience, he may have an easier time in coaching younger guys than the older players on their 2nd or 3rd contracts. He could also want a receiver coming out of college who played in a similar scheme to what he operated.
I think something that we forget that an NFL franchise must worry about is ticket sales and revenue. According to Forbes, the Cards had the 2nd lowest growth in value from 2018-2019, and generally operate on a below average budget. While an offensive lineman is what that team needs that isn't as sexy as a brand new toy for your exciting young QB to throw to.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:20 pm

That's a good point as well - it's another reason why the Jared Goffs and inevitably Dak Prescotts of the world get paid. Revenue is still their first-and-foremost goal because at the end of the day this is still a business.

Sometimes making a splash gets fans re-invigorated.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:16 pm

Winning = financial success. If they put the best team possible on the field the attendance and TV viewers will come.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Arizona could absolutely draft a WR early.

Their priority should be building around Kyler, Kirk is relatively unproven and doesn’t project as a #1 WR, and they have no proven talent behind him.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:51 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:23 pm Arizona could absolutely draft a WR early.

Their priority should be building around Kyler, Kirk is relatively unproven and doesn’t project as a #1 WR, and they have no proven talent behind him.
My only counter is that you would think they'd be playing Butler and Isabella more to see what they have if they plan on drafting a WR. But who the hell knows what some teams do, I still think it was a mistake for both Cowboys and Jags to draft RBS so early.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Perhaps someone could correct me if I'm wrong - but doesn't Kliff run his offense with a lot of WRs on the field at any given time?

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:55 pm Perhaps someone could correct me if I'm wrong - but doesn't Kliff run his offense with a lot of WRs on the field at any given time?
The word in the offseason was 2 outside and 2 slots so 4 wide receiver sets but I don't know if that actually ever happened.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:21 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:17 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:55 pm Perhaps someone could correct me if I'm wrong - but doesn't Kliff run his offense with a lot of WRs on the field at any given time?
The word in the offseason was 2 outside and 2 slots so 4 wide receiver sets but I don't know if that actually ever happened.
They aren't as often as they were early in the year, according to last weeks broadcast.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:21 pm
AussieMate wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:17 pm
They aren't as often as they were early in the year, according to last weeks broadcast.
Maybe because they don't feel they have good enough WRs to do it. That on top of Fitzgerald likely retiring could lead to them taking another WR who can be a "true #1" and openup things in the slot for Kirk and down field for Isabella.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:00 am

I would have liked to see Butler at some point this year. I also think Issy should be getting a lot more snaps then he does.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:01 am

Butler was just a bad pick, and Isabella may take a while. They should add a guy who can make an instant impact.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:42 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:01 am Butler was just a bad pick, and Isabella may take a while. They should add a guy who can make an instant impact.
Ceedee Lamb... what it do baby!

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:49 am

DJB wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:57 am
Chwf3rd wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:29 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:54 pm Just watched some tape of Jeudy and Lamb. Typically I go for the Lamb type. Bigger outside guy but something about Lamb brothers me.

If he doesn't think he's getting the ball he runs lazy routes. On run plays he doesn't sell pass. He's a willing blocker but he needs to clean up his laziness.

Jeudy works his tail off each and every snap regardless if its run, pass or a pass to someone other than him. Same hustle every play
Oklahoma coaches their WRs to do that when they're not on the play side - just like Baylor does. It makes it seem like they're loafing but that's what they're coached to do.
Interesting. But still it looks lazy and horrible.
Huh??? Looks pretty legit to me?? Whether you look fast or are fast, this dude runs through traffic and makes space. Jeudy IA and Lamb 1B but they both look stellar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv8rzHM2ydU

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:03 am

Jeudy has a heck of a 1st move but I don't see him navigating traffic like Lamb. They are close and this years wr class is lit. 2020 draft is going to impact the NFL for many years yo come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63s4E-KsPd8

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:12 am

jenkins.math wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:07 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:03 pm
djeternal2 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:28 pm

I think that's more of a FA signing than it is drafting another WR. Not all WRs come in and instantly produce year 1 and they just drafted 3 guys last year. I think if they are looking to replace Fitz they would be looking to do it for veteran presence with all the young WRs already on board. It's not like Fitz is putting up WR1 #s again this year.
Oh I agree that logically looking at FA probably makes the most sense - but teams aren't always logical.
Again, I think a lot of it will come down to how much say Kliff has. Due to his college experience, he may have an easier time in coaching younger guys than the older players on their 2nd or 3rd contracts. He could also want a receiver coming out of college who played in a similar scheme to what he operated.
I think something that we forget that an NFL franchise must worry about is ticket sales and revenue. According to Forbes, the Cards had the 2nd lowest growth in value from 2018-2019, and generally operate on a below average budget. While an offensive lineman is what that team needs that isn't as sexy as a brand new toy for your exciting young QB to throw to.
If this is the case, wouldn't they be better served bringing in established free agent weapons and using their picks for OL/Defense?
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas