FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:11 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:22 am
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:43 am

AJ Brown to Tennessee was a complete waste too...
Yep. Hollywood to Baltimore, too.
Except, comparing a WR to a RB in this situation is bad? Teams start multiple WRs, and can sustain multiple fantasy WRs often. In fact many times having 2 great WR’s helps the WR2 out as we’ve seen. Having 2 RBs calls for split carries which might automatically remove RBs from RB1 contention, unless you’re looking at a kamara type player. I gaurantee If he got drafted to the titans with Henry still there neither of you would take him
Top 3 lol
Henry is a UDFA. So while I agree with your premise, the likelihood of the Titans retaining Henry, and then drafting a RB high is not high. I think the idea is that Henry walks and Swift is the cheaper replacement, in predicting that pick. Mock drafts to specific teams this early are silly though, due to uncertainty of FA landing spots.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:15 am

It would be a bold move for the Titans to make. NFL front offices are usually too conservative to send a productive RB packing because of his looming $$$ cap hit.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:11 am

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:49 am I feel like Swift to TN would be a great fit as long as Henry is gone. They have shown they want to run the ball and feed one mouth. The difference would be that Swift is a true 3 down guy. I think he would essentially be an every down back in an offense that features the RB and has a solid offensive line.
Well there's the rub. I don't see Henry leaving. He was voted their offensive MVP last year, and is earning a new contract this year. If he's gone, sure...but he's probably not gone.

AJ Brown was a waste because of Mariota, which was fixed, not because of Corey Davis. Swift deserves to go to a place where he can be featured.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:37 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:11 pm
Kmani6 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:22 am

Yep. Hollywood to Baltimore, too.
Except, comparing a WR to a RB in this situation is bad? Teams start multiple WRs, and can sustain multiple fantasy WRs often. In fact many times having 2 great WR’s helps the WR2 out as we’ve seen. Having 2 RBs calls for split carries which might automatically remove RBs from RB1 contention, unless you’re looking at a kamara type player. I gaurantee If he got drafted to the titans with Henry still there neither of you would take him
Top 3 lol
Henry is a UDFA. So while I agree with your premise, the likelihood of the Titans retaining Henry, and then drafting a RB high is not high. I think the idea is that Henry walks and Swift is the cheaper replacement, in predicting that pick. Mock drafts to specific teams this early are silly though, due to uncertainty of FA landing spots.
I said with Henry still there, but agreed. Just saying RB situation often is way more indicative of success than WR situation. Like if somehow any of the top RB prospects, taylor, Swift, etienne, dobbins, etc we’re drafted by the chiefs I would die to draft them lol
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:04 am

JohnnyBoyRoss wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:26 pm I’m debating offering Odell for the 1.01 (opening offer 1.01 +) but I’ll take a straight swap. I’d be doing so with the thoughts of immediately scooping Jeudy. Am I crazy to offer that?
You are not crazy to offer this but you are crazy if you take Jeudy at 1.01. You have to go RB at 1.01 Less risk with drafting RBs early. I always take the safest player early in round 1 and the higher upside players later in round 1. That generally leads to me valuing RBs ahead of WRs.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:13 am

I've never heard that RB's are safer in the early 1st round. Knowshon Moreno, Darren McFadden, Bishop Sankey, Trent Richardson, Ryan Matthews. These are just off the top of my head. I'm not saying WR's are necessarily safer, but I don't know it's clear that RB's are?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:13 am

JohnnyBoyRoss wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:26 pm I’m debating offering Odell for the 1.01 (opening offer 1.01 +) but I’ll take a straight swap. I’d be doing so with the thoughts of immediately scooping Jeudy. Am I crazy to offer that?
Not crazy per say, it's very risky but it could work out. Especially to rebuild/reload.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:15 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:13 am I've never heard that RB's are safer in the early 1st round. Knowshon Moreno, Darren McFadden, Bishop Sankey, Trent Richardson, Ryan Matthews. These are just off the top of my head. I'm not saying WR's are necessarily safer, but I don't know it's clear that RB's are?
It's a recency bias thing with Barkley, Zeke, Jacobs (and I love him but it's debatable if he was the best rookie).

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:28 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:13 am I've never heard that RB's are safer in the early 1st round. Knowshon Moreno, Darren McFadden, Bishop Sankey, Trent Richardson, Ryan Matthews. These are just off the top of my head. I'm not saying WR's are necessarily safer, but I don't know it's clear that RB's are?
Safer in terms of immediate production and hence value increase. Not safer long-term. All the Rb's you listed probably gained value after their rookie year except Sankey. Would be interesting if someone took the time to chart these things out, take all 1st round rookie picks and then see which gained value after their rookie year and which position they were.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:38 am

^^I think the challenge with that also becomes when do you sell before they implode?

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 am

I know it's early for this question but this is what we do - Is a late first or early second too early to take the best QB in this draft (Burrow?) in a 1 QB league?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 am I know it's early for this question but this is what we do - Is a late first or early second too early to take the best QB in this draft (Burrow?) in a 1 QB league?
I never invest much into QBs, so imo no. But that is just me
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:46 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:38 am ^^I think the challenge with that also becomes when do you sell before they implode?
In general this isn't very challenging but on a case by case bases this is harder to do.

We know RBs generally peak around age 25-26, WRs peak around age 27-28, TEs and QBs usually peak around age 30.
That's your general "sell now" window. Obviously they wont all be the same though.

A year or 2 ago I did see someone posted on twitter the average PPG per position based on age which would be really nice to have for this conversation but It might be next to impossible for me to find now.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 am

This isn't the exact one I was thinking of but kind of tells the same story

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:51 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:43 am I know it's early for this question but this is what we do - Is a late first or early second too early to take the best QB in this draft (Burrow?) in a 1 QB league?
I think Burrow is going to be a very good NFL QB and the best in the class, but I don't see an astronomically high fantasy ceiling or generational talent which along with the incredibly strong RB/WR class pushes him to the mid 2nd round as the earliest I would consider him. I think Lawrence and Fields next year could be worth drafting in the 1st round though.