More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby Nanananananana » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:59 pm Did anyone else rub their eyes when they saw Taulia Tagovailoa was 2/3 passing for Alabama?
I did the same, thought it was a typo till I saw you post this

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:34 pm

DynoScout wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:21 pm Have any other dynasty gms taken note of ASU SR WR Brandon Aiyuk? May or may not translate to fantasy but there's an explosiveness to his play style that caught my eye...I did some research and he's popping up on Big Boards and such. McShay has him over Shenault for now.
Additionally, Herm Edwards said on a radio show the other day that 10 scouts attended practice on 11/21 to watch Aiyuk.
Aiyuk is electric.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:29 am

When you evaluate RB in this class say Taylor, Etienne, Swift, Dobbins and the others.

How much more do you value a player like Dobbins, when he runs over ranked teams like Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan State.
Compared to a player like Etienne who "only" played Texas A&M as a ranked team and didnt do it well against them. ?

The same could be said about AJ Dillon and problably a few others.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:15 pm

ravn88 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:29 am When you evaluate RB in this class say Taylor, Etienne, Swift, Dobbins and the others.

How much more do you value a player like Dobbins, when he runs over ranked teams like Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan State.
Compared to a player like Etienne who "only" played Texas A&M as a ranked team and didnt do it well against them. ?

I’d say it all factors in and I’m not the biggest Etienne fan but he did have a big game in the National Championship game against Alabama last year. Personally I just think The other 3 have games that translate to the NFL better.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:15 pm
ravn88 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:29 am When you evaluate RB in this class say Taylor, Etienne, Swift, Dobbins and the others.

I’d say it all factors in and I’m not the biggest Etienne fan but he did have a big game in the National Championship game against Alabama last year. Personally I just think The other 3 have games that translate to the NFL better.
Completely agree.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

LPN
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LPN » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:42 pm

We al know TOP rated RBs in this class, I think the real sleeper will be Clyde Edwards-Helaire, be familiar with him, great potential

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Completely agree.
This is where I'm at, can't seem to like what I see from Etienne, my rankings would still be Swift, Taylor, then Dobbins. The gap is closing albeit slowly but I have noticed Dobbins creeping up my list, he could end up being the best rb in this class and I wouldn't be at all shocked.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:45 pm

I love dobbins at 1.04, dude reminds me of kamara, can run, can catch, not a burner per se but has the speed to rip off long runs but what is the most impressive is his lateral agility and contact balance. He looks like he has all the tools to excel in the NFL, I would put him into tier 1 of this draft as of today.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:59 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:45 pm I love dobbins at 1.04, dude reminds me of kamara, can run, can catch, not a burner per se but has the speed to rip off long runs but what is the most impressive is his lateral agility and contact balance. He looks like he has all the tools to excel in the NFL, I would put him into tier 1 of this draft as of today.
So many players have reminded so many people of Kamara the last few years, yet there are no other Kamaras in the NFL. All the Henderson fanboys were comparing him to Kamara last year...

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:59 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:45 pm I love dobbins at 1.04, dude reminds me of kamara, can run, can catch, not a burner per se but has the speed to rip off long runs but what is the most impressive is his lateral agility and contact balance. He looks like he has all the tools to excel in the NFL, I would put him into tier 1 of this draft as of today.
So many players have reminded so many people of Kamara the last few years, yet there are no other Kamaras in the NFL. All the Henderson fanboys were comparing him to Kamara last year...
I never really got that, Henderson was a home run hitter but he didnt have the contact balance/phone booth jukes Kamara nad Dobbins got. Obviously we have no clue how good Dobbins will be in the NFL, but his playstyle and strengths/traits remind me of Kamara
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:15 pm

Completely agree.
This is where I'm at, can't seem to like what I see from Etienne, my rankings would still be Swift, Taylor, then Dobbins. The gap is closing albeit slowly but I have noticed Dobbins creeping up my list, he could end up being the best rb in this class and I wouldn't be at all shocked.
I havent seen them play, so I got highlights video and stats, and bye quickly looking at the stats between the 4 I would put them Taylor, Dobbins, Swift and Etienne..

These Taylor stats looks crazy, and somewhat make me think of MG, when he came from the same school.

Is that a fair comp.?
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:12 pm

ravn88 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 pm

Completely agree.
I havent seen them play, so I got highlights video and stats, and bye quickly looking at the stats between the 4 I would put them Taylor, Dobbins, Swift and Etienne..

These Taylor stats looks crazy, and somewhat make me think of MG, when he came from the same school.

Is that a fair comp.?
I think Taylor is much more talented than Melvin Gordon but one of the reason I still have Swift over Taylor is their teams track records with NFL RBs, Gurley, Chubb vs Ball, Gordon.... Hard to look past that

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:37 am

Completely agree.
I’m planting my flag ... Etienne will be the #2 RB in 2020 draft behind Swift (I give Swift the nod over Etienne only because of his receiving abilities).

Per PFF:
Etienne is doing absurd things this year at the running back position. He’s broken 70 tackles on 153 attempts and is averaging 5.74 yards after contact per attempt. Those numbers are out of this world. His 0.46 broken tackles per attempt would be the best mark we’ve ever seen in a single season by a ways.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:19 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:37 am

Completely agree.
I’m planting my flag ... Etienne will be the #2 RB in 2020 draft behind Swift (I give Swift the nod over Etienne only because of his receiving abilities).

Per PFF:
Etienne is doing absurd things this year at the running back position. He’s broken 70 tackles on 153 attempts and is averaging 5.74 yards after contact per attempt. Those numbers are out of this world. His 0.46 broken tackles per attempt would be the best mark we’ve ever seen in a single season by a ways.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:22 am

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:19 am
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:37 am

Per PFF:
I see it differently, I see a guy getting tons of yards without being touched, ala Darell Henderson last year. I think Etienne will be a mock draft/fantasy darling but will go surprisingly late in the NFL draft.