More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:57 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:37 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm Injuries like these make it paramount for the NFL to change their early entrant policies. If Tua would have declared last year he would have been among the top 5 picks. If Trevor Lawrence could have declared after his Freshman year he would have been a #1 overall pick. These players should have no restrictions by the NCAA or the NFL telling them when they should be ready.

Just like a regular job, when you are ready and you’ve shown you have the skills to excel in your position why wouldn’t you be able to apply for a job?

If this Tua’s injury is big enough this guy literally just lost millions of dollars/possibly hundreds of millions because the NFL tells him he needs to wait 3 years. While they are willing to cut some of these players if they deal with injuries due to the wear and tear of football.
Less hits=better health. Point blank common sense.

Sorry I’m frustrated right now. I jusr heard Saban go on the podium and basically say we wish him the best and take other questions. This mf had nothing more to prove and he was forced to come back and basically destroy his career.
Problem is we've seen kids come out under the current rules and they clearly aren't ready. Just look at Haskins this year to name one name. Look at the 2018 QB prospects Darnold struggling, Mayfield has taken 2 steps back, Allen still wildly inaccurate, Rosen who knows as he's been in literally an unprecedented situation his first 1.5 years. So for a class that was touted the best QB class in years there's 1 that's actually performing 1.5 years in and that's because he's running a college offense in the NFL because that's what fits his skill set. You think this would get better if these guys could've come out 1 or 2 years earlier?
Fournette was ready the year before, but I agree that it would be the minority. It would probably result in a lost more players busting, and getting hurt. Also, being a year younger and getting real money for the first time, isn't going to help matters either, with temptation and lack of maturity.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:40 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:30 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Obviously, now.

It really sucks for Tua. He was the best prospect in quite some time. Now his career may be in jeopardy. Very unfortunate.
I disagree on him being a generational type prospect and thought Burrow was better before this, but hopefully he can come back from this and get the chance to prove me wrong.
Fair, but according to Dilfer and a lot of others he'd spoken to in the profession of scouting etc., that was the consensus.

Regardless, I hope Tua can come back. Saban said that was going to be his last drive of the game, too. :wall:

Dennis Pita is a player who came back from a hip fracture. Hoping Tua can do the same. Hearing it could be similar to Bo Jackson's injury. Surgery etc. has come a long way since then, I just hope he's OK.
And PFF and others had Burrow rated at #1. There was no consensus, Tua had just been in the spotlight longer which gave him a bit of an advantage. I certainly don't think he's a bum or not worthy of being a very high pick, I just don't see an all-time great prospect that some claim he is. Like I said hopefully he fully recovers and we get to find out and he gets to have the career his been working towards his entire life.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:40 pm Fair, but according to Dilfer and a lot of others he'd spoken to in the profession of scouting etc., that was the consensus.

Regardless, I hope Tua can come back. Saban said that was going to be his last drive of the game, too. :wall:
Meh, he would say that. Costs him nothing to say, and is revisionist history. I hate when coaches moralise with hypotheticals.

Tua put his body on the line for this team and that man - when he didn't have to. He's now been given an "all the best" and might have permanently damaged his career. It's just such a bummer.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Hopefully he has insurance. Not a fix by any means but hopefully he's protected against the worst case scenario.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:18 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:15 pm Hopefully he has insurance. Not a fix by any means but hopefully he's protected against the worst case scenario.
Ya I would imagine he does, that's a pretty common thing among top draft prospects these days.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:29 pm

mild wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:40 pm Fair, but according to Dilfer and a lot of others he'd spoken to in the profession of scouting etc., that was the consensus.

Meh, he would say that. Costs him nothing to say, and is revisionist history. I hate when coaches moralise with hypotheticals.

Tua put his body on the line for this team and that man - when he didn't have to. He's now been given an "all the best" and might have permanently damaged his career. It's just such a bummer.
They, JUST WITHIN THE PAST MONTH, got the ability to be compensated for video game companies making millions off their likeness. THIS MONTH! They couldn't even receive a copy of the game, that their name, physical appearance, and skills were used in.... because "it's a gift." Meanwhile the college and coaches rake in millions.

As always, South Park had this handled years ago:

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Im dissapointed Tua got hurt only because he wasn't a QB i was targeting. Was hoping he would go high and push other guys further down.

Regardless i hope the kid makes a full recovery
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:41 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:37 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:21 pm Injuries like these make it paramount for the NFL to change their early entrant policies. If Tua would have declared last year he would have been among the top 5 picks. If Trevor Lawrence could have declared after his Freshman year he would have been a #1 overall pick. These players should have no restrictions by the NCAA or the NFL telling them when they should be ready.

Just like a regular job, when you are ready and you’ve shown you have the skills to excel in your position why wouldn’t you be able to apply for a job?

If this Tua’s injury is big enough this guy literally just lost millions of dollars/possibly hundreds of millions because the NFL tells him he needs to wait 3 years. While they are willing to cut some of these players if they deal with injuries due to the wear and tear of football.
Less hits=better health. Point blank common sense.

Sorry I’m frustrated right now. I jusr heard Saban go on the podium and basically say we wish him the best and take other questions. This mf had nothing more to prove and he was forced to come back and basically destroy his career.
Problem is we've seen kids come out under the current rules and they clearly aren't ready. Just look at Haskins this year to name one name. Look at the 2018 QB prospects Darnold struggling, Mayfield has taken 2 steps back, Allen still wildly inaccurate, Rosen who knows as he's been in literally an unprecedented situation his first 1.5 years. So for a class that was touted the best QB class in years there's 1 that's actually performing 1.5 years in and that's because he's running a college offense in the NFL because that's what fits his skill set. You think this would get better if these guys could've come out 1 or 2 years earlier?
Yes that’s specifically for the QB, but let’s say for RBs, WRs, and TEs.
RBs usually just waiste their time staying 3 years. Most elite players prove themselves in the first 2 years.
WRs and TE’s usually take a little time to develop in the NFL anyways, but they are often put in gimmick colllege offenses that don’t develop their most important skills, route running. TEs are often just asked to block and most top TE prospects show out within 2 years.

I think at a minimum they should reduce it to 2 years, but once these players get into the league they generally have access to better recovery, training, and skill development and are making what they are worth.

Either that or we should start paying these football players to play.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:55 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:15 pm Hopefully he has insurance. Not a fix by any means but hopefully he's protected against the worst case scenario.
How tf is he going to pay for a million dollar insurance policy when he isn’t paid?

Not mad at you, but it shows the idiocrasy of the entire situation. If he was getting paid it’s against the NCAA rules and he’ll probably be ruled ineligible. Money hungry bastards. One of the many lies told to generations like Tua’s is that these systems are put in place to benefit them when half the time it’s funding the money hungry colleges to give you a dime a dozen degree that often times leaves people with debt and no career. Same with this bleep man. Colleges/NFL should have no reason to tell kids when or when they are not ready especially if they aren’t get money from the sport they are playing. Even if the bust rate becomes astronomically higher for NFL franchises, the freaking billion dollar franchises can put a little bit more into their scouting/analytics department and possibly lose out on a couple million here and there.
Last edited by alewilliam789 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:57 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:55 pm
How tf is he going to pay for a million dollar insurance policy when he isn’t paid?

Not mad at you, but it shows the idiocrasy of the entire situation. If he was getting paid it’s against the NCAA rules and he’ll probably be ruled ineligible. Money hungry bastards.
Valid question. I feel like I read one time a school can take out the policy on their behalf. Idk though.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:25 pm

Apparently Tua talked his way onto the field for that last drive of the half. Saban was pulling him, and Tua wanted time in the 2 minute offense. :wall:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Nfl doesn’t give a bleep about tua getting injured. They don’t want to get rid of their free developmental league that then allows the teams to spend their money more wisely on more proven assets

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Lumps wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:29 pm
mild wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:01 pm

They, JUST WITHIN THE PAST MONTH, got the ability to be compensated for video game companies making millions off their likeness. THIS MONTH! They couldn't even receive a copy of the game, that their name, physical appearance, and skills were used in.... because "it's a gift." Meanwhile the college and coaches rake in millions.

As always, South Park had this handled years ago:

I’m fully in favor of college athletes getting paid, but this is just demagoguery and exploiting economic ignorance. Guess what, the media networks make even more off of college athletes than the university ... and guess what ... the advertisers end up making even more than media companies or the universities. Yet the target is on the universities as being greedy, even though the reality is if they start paying positive ROI sport athletes such as football or basketball, then they are going to have to start paying all athletes ... and I guarantee you they will all need to be paid equally or all hell will break loose (i.e. the Women’s National Soccer Team BS).

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Watched some RBs today and these are my thoughts/ranks

1. Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin

Reminds me of Zeke. Powerful inside runner with great short area quickness and explosion. Very patient letting blocks develop. Good one-cut ability. Not incredibly shifty or creative runner but knows when to bounce outside and turn on the jets. Great contact balance. Hands are fine.

2. D'Andre Swift, Georgia

Alvin Kamara comp. Slips off defenders with ease. Insane lateral ability and jump cut. Great burst to shoot through gap. Patient runner letting his blocks develop. More of a finesse player but has the power and size to get short yardage. More quick than fast.

3. Cam Akers, Florida St

Incredibly tough runner with great explosion. Really good contact balance and powerful as an inside runner. All around versatile back. Not that far away from Taylor and Swift just stuck on a bad offense.

4. Travis Etienne, Clemson

Insane speed and explosion. Not powerful runner but can get extra yards when needed. Nice contact balance in open field. More of a sprinter/athlete than RB and very linear.

5. JK Dobbins, Ohio St

Tough and physical. Solid all around RB but lacks any elite traits.

6. Chubba Hubbard, Ok St.

Tevin Coleman comp.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Today, the 1.01 in SF Leagues just gained value, and the picks after it lost a bit. The 1.02 owners would previously have probably had more leverage with their pick, as it would have landed one of the two top end QB's, and wouldn't pay much to move up to 1.01, as they could take whoever fell between Tua and Burrow.