General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:37 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:35 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:25 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:24 am Jeudy remains the best prospect in this rookie class and it's not particularly close. He's just as good as Amari Cooper as a prospect.
Disagree. Cooper put up 1000 as a true freshman. Jeudy put up what, 200 and something? He played hurt and missed games in a down 2nd year, and then he came back 124 catches 1700 plus yards and 16 TD's as a junior, too. He was the better prospect. Didn't have a top ten NFL pick at QB, either. Jeudy is the best WR prospect, but compared to the RB's coming out, it is close. There will be plenty of debate about that this off season. He is not the clear cut, class of his own 1.01.
Better stats don't necessarily mean a better player or prospect.
Yes, but Cooper had all the route running and other things prized by a player at that position. Just wasn't a big contested catch guy, but neither is Jeudy. Sometimes the stats do mean that, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Jeudy has all those things too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:41 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:39 pm Jeudy has all those things too.
That's my point, and Coop is bigger and had better numbers, dominator, and breakout age, at least to this point. NFL later admitted Coop ran between 4.33 and 4.37, I believe. That's why he actually looked slightly faster than White on the simulcam. I'm interested to see Jeudy's speed, as he is quite a bit smaller in weight. He ran a 4.55 (hand time) I believe, coming out of high school, but I believe he could be 4.45 by now.

Don't need to discuss further, I've made my point that I believe Coop to this point is the slightly better prospect. That can change, though, it's close for me.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:48 pm

CeeDee Lamb had quite the game, too. Not DeVonta Smith level, but was pretty unstoppable. I know they didnt play this week, but what do people think about Texas RB Keontay Ingram? The few times I have watched them, he looks pretty solid. I am far from a scout though, and only go off the 'ol eye test.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:24 pm

Friction wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:48 pm CeeDee Lamb had quite the game, too. Not DeVonta Smith level, but was pretty unstoppable. I know they didnt play this week, but what do people think about Texas RB Keontay Ingram? The few times I have watched them, he looks pretty solid. I am far from a scout though, and only go off the 'ol eye test.
Yeah, forgot to mention that one. Huge game.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:28 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:24 am Jeudy remains the best prospect in this rookie class and it's not particularly close. He's just as good as Amari Cooper as a prospect.
Disagree. Cooper put up 1000 as a true freshman. Jeudy put up what, 200 and something? He played hurt and missed games in a down 2nd year, and then he came back 124 catches 1700 plus yards and 16 TD's as a junior, too. He was the better prospect. Didn't have a top ten NFL pick at QB, either. Jeudy is the best WR prospect, but compared to the RB's coming out, it is close. There will be plenty of debate about that this off season. He is not the clear cut, class of his own 1.01.
Jeudy was playing with Calvin Ridley, who was the featured player in that offense. Cooper was. great, but he also didn't have to worry about competing with any other notable WR for targets as a freshman. Jeudy is playing with a potential 1st Round WR in Henry Ruggs and an early Day 2 WR in Devonta Smith.

I'm not saying Jeudy is better, but I do think he's just as good of a prospect as Cooper.

And yes, I do think he is the clear cut 1.01 and it's not close. Pass on Jeudy if you want.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:07 am

Friction wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:48 pm CeeDee Lamb had quite the game, too. Not DeVonta Smith level, but was pretty unstoppable. I know they didnt play this week, but what do people think about Texas RB Keontay Ingram? The few times I have watched them, he looks pretty solid. I am far from a scout though, and only go off the 'ol eye test.
CeeDee is one of a couple guys I think could have a better NFL career than Jeudy depending on the landing spots.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:44 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:28 am
Jeudy was playing with Calvin Ridley, who was the featured player in that offense. Cooper was. great, but he also didn't have to worry about competing with any other notable WR for targets as a freshman. Jeudy is playing with a potential 1st Round WR in Henry Ruggs and an early Day 2 WR in Devonta Smith.

I'm not saying Jeudy is better, but I do think he's just as good of a prospect as Cooper.

And yes, I do think he is the clear cut 1.01 and it's not close. Pass on Jeudy if you want.
I'm saying that won't be the consensus come spring. Not around here IMO. RB's like Taylor and Swift are too valuable in FF for Jeudy to be the 1.01 "and it's not close". I like Jeudy and think he's being overrated by people who don't even consider a bell cow RB close to him in a rookie draft. If Jeudy is indeed the 1.01 and it's not close, then this class is massively over rated. That's not really a knock on Jeudy, but if he is a Cooper type level prospect and is head and shoulders above everyone else, then this class is not what a lot of people think it is.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:02 am

Looks like the 2020 hype train is full speed ahead after so many bashed this past class.

I haven’t really started in depth study but Jeudy on the surface plays fast. Looks like a sub 4.45 player.

He will certainly be in the conversation at 1.1 along with a few others but today it’s way too early IMO.

Like always it will depend on how owners draft and value WR’s vs RB’s when talent is close.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:29 pm
Jeudy? Who said that? I heard Cooper called the best prospect since Julio, too. I like Jeudy, but he needs to start dominating some games before I believe he's the better prospect. Doesn't mean he can't be the better NFL player, but we'll see if Jeudy is a top 4 pick, and can match the numbers or even come close to the one Coop put up, as a supremely polished WR at 21.
Kiper: https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/insi ... -nfl-draft

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:28 am ...
Landing spot will have an effect. If one of the elite RBs goes into a Zeke -> Cowboys situation they should probably be 1.01, particularly if Jeudy ends up in a minus situation. I'm also not convinced that there isn't currently an argument for Swift at 1.01.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:45 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:44 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:28 am

I'm saying that won't be the consensus come spring. Not around here IMO. RB's like Taylor and Swift are too valuable in FF for Jeudy to be the 1.01 "and it's not close". I like Jeudy and think he's being overrated by people who don't even consider a bell cow RB close to him in a rookie draft. If Jeudy is indeed the 1.01 and it's not close, then this class is massively over rated. That's not really a knock on Jeudy, but if he is a Cooper type level prospect and is head and shoulders above everyone else, then this class is not what a lot of people think it is.
I disagree. Cooper was considered a generational talent by many on here. The only reason he wasn't the 1.01 is because Gurley was considered a generational RB talent. I've learned not to use that term describing prospects anymore, but I firmly believe that Jeudy is as good a prospect as Cooper and he fits the mold of the traditional 1.01. He is an elite WR prospect.

I just don't see Swift, Taylor, Lamb, Shenault, etc as players on his level, but they are very good prospects. I think it's arguable that Taylor is an elite RB prospect.

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:44 am

Almost 4/13 through the season and where teams will be finishing is starting to shape up. What are the the 1.01-1.03 super stud draft slots being valued at? Jacobs is a consensus 3rd rd start up pick. He is not on the same level as the Swifts, Taylor’s etc I’m told. So if you own the 1.01-1.03 in 2020 I assume they are worth a second rd start-up type player? Is this correct?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am

XclickX wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:44 am Almost 4/13 through the season and where teams will be finishing is starting to shape up. What are the the 1.01-1.03 super stud draft slots being valued at? Jacobs is a consensus 3rd rd start up pick. He is not on the same level as the Swifts, Taylor’s etc I’m told. So if you own the 1.01-1.03 in 2020 I assume they are worth a second rd start-up type player? Is this correct?
Probably about right, the only rookies that have been worthy of 1st round consideration in startups the last few years have been Barkley and Zeke. Still too early to say for certain, and landing spot will go a long way to determining that. Zeke for example was elevated by his perfect landing spot.

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:50 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am
XclickX wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:44 am Almost 4/13 through the season and where teams will be finishing is starting to shape up. What are the the 1.01-1.03 super stud draft slots being valued at? Jacobs is a consensus 3rd rd start up pick. He is not on the same level as the Swifts, Taylor’s etc I’m told. So if you own the 1.01-1.03 in 2020 I assume they are worth a second rd start-up type player? Is this correct?
Probably about right, the only rookies that have been worthy of 1st round consideration in startups the last few years have been Barkley and Zeke. Still too early to say for certain, and landing spot will go a long way to determining that. Zeke for example was elevated by his perfect landing spot.
Thanks. Just trying to gauge the value these picks will have come 2020.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 am The 2020 class looks legit. What makes it even better, a lot of the good landing spots we were expecting some of the 2019 prospects to go to didn't end up happening.

Blue Chippers
QB: Tua, Herbert, Fromm.
WR: Jeudy, Laviska, Higgins, Johnson, CeeDee Lamb.
RB: Taylor, Etienne, Swift, Harris, Dobbins.
TE: Okwuegbunam.

Take out the QBs, and that's still 11 prospects that I'm excited about for the next draft. Those are just the top end guys, that doesn't even include guys like: Benjamin, Sermon, Dillon, Akers, Reagor, Ruggs, Pinkney, etc, which would be around in the mid 2nd.

Obvs it's not all roses, these guys won't all land in the spots we want, some won't declare, some will fall off production wise...but this is a solid foundation for a draft class.
There is a side benefit of a player landing in a dire situation. If the player is good enough, he can somewhat overcome it, and give you huge value on draft day. While he's not producing yet, because Mariota sucks and so does the Tennessee offense, I'm quite happy w/having targeted A.J. Brown everywhere this past rookie draft season. I landed him in 7 of 10 dynasty rookie drafts, and in one of my two rso drafts as well. Very happy about it. Also got him at 11.11 in a start up draft. As a result I have him on 8 of 11 dynasty teams. I couldn't have gotten him on virtually any of those teams if not for the landing spot, so there's that angle too. Trust your valuations, when people let him drop to 1.06 or lower, I snapped him up every single time, and I took him a touch earlier when forced to as well (I think 1.04 in one league).