Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:23 pm

blemly wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:36 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:14 pm
blemly wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:45 pm

In all fairness, if it is too early to tell whether Sanders will be a value this year after one game, it is also too early to tell whether ATL has one of the worst D’s in the league.
Sure, but I mean they were bottom 4 in yardage last year, and didn't add anyone of real significance, while also losing Keanu Neal. So it's the same unit, for the most part, but arguably worse. It's not an outlandish claim. They are until they aren't so to speak. They were a bottom end D last year, and that has continued so far into this season.
I understand. I just don’t think you need to rely “well they didn’t play anyone good so his performance doesn’t count as much” argument to make your point about Sanders when it really is hard to predict who is good and bad season to season and there were other reasons for concern entering the season.

While I don’t like the site all that much, FantasyPros had Sanders as their dynasty RB19 entering the year, and that’s not including Akers and Etienne, who I saw go above him in startups with regularity this offseason. Going closer to an ~RB21, he only needed to turn in a ~MidRB2 season to return value relative to where he was going. Since his ceiling was higher, that’s where his value was, for me at least.
Cool. I had similar puzzlement at Jacobs ADP. Got him at RB 22 in a recent startup. Akers ADP was really high, but I understand him going above Sanders pre injury, as he is 2 years younger, and was primed for the lead role in a better offense, but I still felt Akers was sort of being priced at his ceiling.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:50 am
timeEd32 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:34 am Sanders in on 66% of snaps. Gainwell 35%, which includes all of the last drive when the game was over.

This is basically the same as last season. The biggest surprise is Scott didn't even get on the field. I did not think Gainwell would take that role over entirely from Week 1.

Red zone / 2 minute / negative game script usage still a concern, but I don't think there can be any doubt after yesterday that Sanders was ridiculously undervalued all offseason.
I mean, he put up (full PPR) 15 points against one of the worst D's in the league. As I said earlier, I don't understand after that, how one can say that being drafted as a mid RB2 is confirmation that people were "ridiculously" undervaluing him. There is really no clear indication if his off season value was justified or not yet, it's just way too early to tell.
It's not about his points or the opponent to me. It's about usage -- people who were down on Sanders all through the summer were down on him because they didn't think there was any way he'd maintain 65-70%+ snap share. There were "too many mouths to feed." Well, apparently, there is just one other one.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:25 am

He put up 17.3 PPR points, not 15 - not sure where you are getting that number from. He also had a bit of bad TD luck as he made a great catch & run for 30 yards to get into the redzone after a methodical drive - so they pulled him for a snap and Gainwell went untouched into the endzone for his TD. If that's Sanders, we're looking at 130 total yards, 1 TD, 1 2-point conversion on 20 touches. That's top5 usage at the RB position (15 carries & 5 targets & expected goalline carries), no matter who the opponent is.

Maybe even more importantly, Hurts and the offensive line looked very impressive. Sanders looked great himself, but the O-Line dominated up-front and Sanders looked close to exploding for a few long runs like he has in the past.

All-in-all, a phenomenal start to the season for Sanders, Hurts, and the entire PHI offense. Just one week, of course, but they looked the part of a much, much improved offense and Sanders dominated RB opportunities (until the game was out of hand).
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:37 am

Lots of Sanders doubt. I cant help but think he will be a top 15-20 Rb this year. So low end rb1 maybe, but if healthy, a near lock for rb2 type production.

Patience pays off.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:18 am

JFever wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:37 am Lots of Sanders doubt. I cant help but think he will be a top 15-20 Rb this year. So low end rb1 maybe, but if healthy, a near lock for rb2 type production.

Patience pays off.
Hes an absolute lock for 15-20 and potential for top 12 if he keeps getting 20 looks again behind that o-line.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 pm

This is sort of the issue I have with the entire Eagles offense, in general. Days like today I expect more than once this year.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:32 pm

I haven't seen D Freeman do that in a LONG time

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 pm This is sort of the issue I have with the entire Eagles offense, in general. Days like today I expect more than once this year.
2nd week in a row he has less than 1/2 of the team rushes.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:32 pm I haven't seen D Freeman do that in a LONG time
Wrong thread, me thinks. :wink: :lol:

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:37 pm

abloom wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:35 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 pm This is sort of the issue I have with the entire Eagles offense, in general. Days like today I expect more than once this year.
Way to shift the narrative from him averaging 17 touches per game.

San Fran is a tough D with a stout d-line. The Eagles schedule is generally favorable for better games. The volume and talent are showing. We knew he would never be an elite every week play but there are better days ahead. Look for him to gut Dallas next Monday.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:41 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:37 pm

San Fran is a tough D with a stout d-line. The Eagles schedule is generally favorable for better games. The volume and talent are showing. We knew he would never be an elite every week play but there are better days ahead. Look for him to gut Dallas next Monday.
while touches are nice, i want my RB1 to get rushes. I think its telling when an offense is not giving the lead back more than half the rushes. Not saying that sanders isn't capable of it, its more of a concern with play calling rather than the player. also its the 2nd week that its occured not just this week with the 49ers.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:52 pm

But that's not the narrative. This thread is a general discussion about Sanders, and he's simply giving his perspective. I was on Sanders as being one of the best backs in his class in about October of his junior year, before many on here had ever heard of him. I like him. I just don't think he's a RB1 for FF. The overall offensive talent, and way they call plays to me puts him more in the RB2 category. Where that falls (high/mid etc) is unknown for me, but I certainly would not be surprised with a 13-15 finish. I would be surprised with a top 12 finish.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:56 pm

abloom wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:41 pm

while touches are nice, i want my RB1 to get rushes. I think its telling when an offense is not giving the lead back more than half the rushes. Not saying that sanders isn't capable of it, its more of a concern with play calling rather than the player. also its the 2nd week that its occured not just this week with the 49ers.
I don't care if they are rushes or "touches". In fact I would prefer receptions and it's confusing that you don't. He has more touches through 2 weeks than Gibson, Carson, Barkley, Chubb, Najee, CEH (at halftime) just one less than Kamara. The Sanders doesn't get volume point has been debunked, unless you think the other guys also don't get enough volume too. And if you're starting CMC, Henry, and Cook then great for you. Otherwise 17 per game is a good number.

And your sig says you play ppr so I really don't know what you're trying to say. You would rather your RBs not catch passes?

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:52 pm

But that's not the narrative. This thread is a general discussion about Sanders, and he's simply giving his perspective. I was on Sanders as being one of the best backs in his class in about October of his junior year, before many on here had ever heard of him. I like him. I just don't think he's a RB1 for FF. The overall offensive talent, and way they call plays to me puts him more in the RB2 category. Where that falls (high/mid etc) is unknown for me, but I certainly would not be surprised with a 13-15 finish. I would be surprised with a top 12 finish.
I actually agree with you. But the narrative in the offseason was that Sanders was a sub 20 running backs because he wasn't going to get enough volume. He's out touching all the guys I said he would or within a couple of others that I said he would.

Edit: I don't mean to argue, and honestly I don't think our opinions of sanders are far apart. I follow a lot of fantasy content year round, fantasypros, keeptradecut, and the youtubers all had Sanders as a low RB2 and even an RB3 which is mainly what I'm speaking about.

The Eagles offense stalled for most of the 2nd half against one of the best defenses they will face this year. But they looked competitive and just missed 2 first half TDs that could have drastically changed the game script in Sanders favor. Point being they are at least competitive against a good team so better days should be ahead.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:17 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:32 pm I haven't seen D Freeman do that in a LONG time
Wrong thread, me thinks. :wink: :lol:
How did that get here? Lmao

Uhh Sanders... still an RB2. Possibly worse if Hurts starts to compete with Lamar for most QB rushes