Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby dondickenson » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:03 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:31 am
dondickenson wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:16 am
JFever wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:08 am

Hmmm? Ok. :think:
What’s confusing about that?

Every sign, including the fact that he is in a 50/50 timeshare and getting out produced by the 1B, points to him not being startable in fantasy. If I could sell him for any 1st I would. Or a 2nd + a similar type depth RB like a Pollard or Gainwell, I would.

Barring that he is a bye week fill in and emergency start in case of multiple injuries on my roster. This is well under everyone’s expectations for him these last few years. It is very disappointing and I wish I sold last year at the latest.

It isn't confusing. What I take issue with is the nonsensicle comment that I bolded. It's redraft mentality and deliberately oversyplifying with lazy analysis and conjecture. "he just isn’t ever going to materialize as more than a depth".

"ever".....

smh. This take, and your comments make it seem as though you have never watched the sport.
I think you are emotionally invested and can't handle reality. It is a bad look to not even begin to attempt to engage with the facts, and instead attack me. What is the point of you posting the things you did? Are you using this board as an outlet for your frustration?

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:16 pm

I was a Sanders guy until last year, he just doesn't look like a reliable back. Probably needs a change of scenery to LV or somewhere.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:19 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:39 am
dondickenson wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:16 am

What’s confusing about that?

Every sign, including the fact that he is in a 50/50 timeshare and getting out produced by the 1B, points to him not being startable in fantasy. If I could sell him for any 1st I would. Or a 2nd + a similar type depth RB like a Pollard or Gainwell, I would.

Barring that he is a bye week fill in and emergency start in case of multiple injuries on my roster. This is well under everyone’s expectations for him these last few years. It is very disappointing and I wish I sold last year at the latest.

It isn't confusing. What I take issue with is the nonsensicle comment that I bolded. It's redraft mentality and deliberately oversyplifying with lazy analysis and conjecture. "he just isn’t ever going to materialize as more than a depth".

"ever".....

smh. This take, and your comments make it seem as though you have never watched the sport.
no reason to take it to a personal level. Although I agree his performance is above a depth RB level, I also agree that his production is not at the level people expected and he can be viewed as no more than a RB2/Flex option moving forward.
Not making it personal. Where the hell does that come from? I called no names and in no way is it "personal". I can't control others feelings and frankly, I don't care. The bolded statement is clearly ignorant when it comes to skill, dynasty, and it ignores previous useage and performance. His (Sanders) usage is a mystery, I agree. I also agree that at this point in time, he isn't performing, and his value isn't rising, and, he is on the bench in fantasy until his coaches begin to use him. His skill set, however - IS NOT a mystery. The statement I bolded assumes no change in usage, no change in performance from now into infinity. That is an ignorant take. Lets not be oversensitive snowflakes here. When people use poor logic, and then advertise that poor logic with confidence - it should be called out as a public service.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:13 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:19 pm

"ever".....

no reason to take it to a personal level. Although I agree his performance is above a depth RB level, I also agree that his production is not at the level people expected and he can be viewed as no more than a RB2/Flex option moving forward.
Not making it personal. Where the hell does that come from? I called no names and in no way is it "personal". I can't control others feelings and frankly, I don't care. The bolded statement is clearly ignorant when it comes to skill, dynasty, and it ignores previous useage and performance. His (Sanders) usage is a mystery, I agree. I also agree that at this point in time, he isn't performing, and his value isn't rising, and, he is on the bench in fantasy until his coaches begin to use him. His skill set, however - IS NOT a mystery. The statement I bolded assumes no change in usage, no change in performance from now into infinity. That is an ignorant take. Lets not be oversensitive snowflakes here. When people use poor logic, and then advertise that poor logic with confidence - it should be called out as a public service.
You selectively bolded what you wanted to argue against and are dishonestly arguing against that strawman, and yes you made ad hominem personal attacks. You are having an emotional breakdown on this forum right now. Please stop posting this nonsense here, as a public service.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:19 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:19 pm

"ever".....

If it is your desire to call out ignorance.....If Miles skill set wasn't a mystery and in question his usage and performance would be higher. Maybe using the word personal was a poor choice, but to me an insult of a person's opinion is personal. It is my opinion that based on skill set, usage and preformance, Miles Sanders will never be the fantasy player he was drafted to be. If that makes me a snowflake (really we are still using that term?) so be it.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Sanders has enough talent to be a successful RB. It's the gameplan, his usage, and his QB that are diminishing his value.

I agree he's entered the unstartable stage. I like his potential a lot and even I don't think he's worthy of RB2 status right now. I'm not even sure I would start him as a flex except in deep leagues. Sunday's gameplan and results moved him to my benches (multiple shares I'm afraid) until the Philly coaches prove to me they know how to run an offense. Even better, maybe since they don't see much value in him they will go ahead and trade him to SF or Baltimore.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:18 pm

Siriani seems awful, so far.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:33 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:18 pm Siriani seems awful, so far.
I would like to point out, as a reference point, Miles had averaged 16 touches per game for his career coming into this year. He is at 13.5 this season. I don't think we can say the problem is the current coaching staff. Pederson didn't feature him as well.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:46 pm

Who's alt account is that? :lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:46 pm

Yes but he has cool pens clipped to his visor...... My over/under on his survival is week 6 2022 ... I would bet the under.

On Sanders, he is a decent enough talent on a team with no O line and QB with extreme happy happy probably by design.

People need to come grips that RB's outside of a very few are not the best investments.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:36 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:33 pm
I would like to point out, as a reference point, Miles had averaged 16 touches per game for his career coming into this year. He is at 13.5 this season. I don't think we can say the problem is the current coaching staff. Pederson didn't feature him as well.
The problem isn't the average touches per game but the sharp divide in a decent number of them versus being a benchworthy fantasy player.
Rush attempts, targets-
Week 1- 15/5
Week 2- 13/4
Week 3- 2/4
Week 4- 7/3

I was ready to dismiss week 3 as an aberration, but two weeks of low rush attempts without a corresponding increase in targets is a concern.

Sanders may not be an elite talent, but if you believe he is still a long term NFL player and situation/scheme is holding back his production/performance, then he's a buy low target. From an NFL perspective, he's still on his rookie contract, making him a trade candidate before this month's deadline.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:11 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:36 pm
The problem isn't the average touches per game but the sharp divide in a decent number of them versus being a benchworthy fantasy player.
Rush attempts, targets-
Week 1- 15/5
Week 2- 13/4
Week 3- 2/4
Week 4- 7/3

I was ready to dismiss week 3 as an aberration, but two weeks of low rush attempts without a corresponding increase in targets is a concern.

Sanders may not be an elite talent, but if you believe he is still a long term NFL player and situation/scheme is holding back his production/performance, then he's a buy low target. From an NFL perspective, he's still on his rookie contract, making him a trade candidate before this month's deadline.
Not sure why the Eagles would deal him, for those reasons. Would leave them very thin at RB. I personally don't view any RB, beyond a few superstars with any type of "long term outlook" once they are 24 years old. I like Sanders just fine, but am not looking to trade for him in the hopes some NFL team makes a move for him with plans to feature him more.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:11 pm

Rush attempts, targets-
Week 1- 15/5
Week 2- 13/4
Week 3- 2/4
Week 4- 7/3

Not sure why the Eagles would deal him, for those reasons. Would leave them very thin at RB. I personally don't view any RB, beyond a few superstars with any type of "long term outlook" once they are 24 years old. I like Sanders just fine, but am not looking to trade for him in the hopes some NFL team makes a move for him with plans to feature him more.
Certainly depends on their evaluation of Gainwell. I could see a FO/coaching staff wanting to test out his bellcow ability, similar to how Sanders himself began getting heavy touches at the end of his rookie year. That said, it'd make sense more sense for Philly if Sanders were in the final year of his rookie year, but that's 2022.

From a fantasy perspective, I buy anyone if I believe in their talent long term, even if they aren't perceived as or aren't actually studs. Sanders in this case, Hooper as another example.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:17 pm

Rush attempts, targets-
Week 1- 15/5
Week 2- 13/4
Week 3- 2/4
Week 4- 7/3

My point was more that he had low usage % his whole career, just not current staff. I think it is fair to say there is something in his profile we are unaware of.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:20 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:46 pm
Yes but he has cool pens clipped to his visor...... My over/under on his survival is week 6 2022 ... I would bet the under.

On Sanders, he is a decent enough talent on a team with no O line and QB with extreme happy happy probably by design.

People need to come grips that RB's outside of a very few are not the best investments.
Problem is they're the same exact team as last year.

No depth at WR, pass plays like no tomorrow, bad o-line play and no idea how to incorporate both of their talented TEs. It's been a real mess so far.