Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:46 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:17 pm Jordan Howard statline this week: 3 rushes, 4 yards, 1 TD
Anyone thinking Howard is a better runner than Scott needs a checkup. That said, Howard probably scores more points because of the 1 yard TD lol

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:48 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:53 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:02 pm watch Gainwell get 20+ rushes lol
No way does he get 20 rushes. Their coach and QB suck too much to be in positive game script. Of course 20 touches is probably in the realm of possibility since they will be playing from behind and dumping off the ball is a lot easier. Of course that requires hurts to not just hike the ball and look to run immediately.
Don't they play the Lions this week though? Positive game script on the way! Haha

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:49 am

Ruggenater wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:32 pm I’m not sure it’s right to call Gainwell the RB2. He’s the Nyheim Hines—yeah, usually the second most touches, but not taking over the primary ballcarrier role if injury strikes.
Bingo!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:16 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:46 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:17 pm Jordan Howard statline this week: 3 rushes, 4 yards, 1 TD
Anyone thinking Howard is a better runner than Scott needs a checkup. That said, Howard probably scores more points because of the 1 yard TD lol
Unrelated thing I just noticed. Is James conner turning into the new Jordan. Howard. Been starting him a bit now with the rb injuries and it's just gross every week aside from the
8 tds he's already at

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:12 am

No Way he gets a TD. Hurts will take the ball and run.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:44 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:32 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:10 pm
MFundercover wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:13 pm Doubt it. Scott will probably pick up the extra work, and possibly Howard.
just out of curiosity, why do you think that the RB... 3? or 4? would jump the RB2 after the RB1 went down? They weren't really rushing anyway with sanders, so why would Scott get reps ? I could see an argument be made for Howard, he's a pure rusher. He could take the rushing workload, but I can't imagine Scott for some reason carves out a meaningful role out of that.

In any case, unless Gainwell has looked atrociously bad as a rusher in practice, I'd be stunned to see Scott benefit the most
They gave Gainwell a few carries after Sanders got hurt last Sunday. He proceeded to (1) run less effectively than Sanders, then (2) fumble. After that, Boston Scott took over the Sanders role and looked better doing it.

I’m not sure it’s right to call Gainwell the RB2. He’s the Nyheim Hines—yeah, usually the second most touches, but not taking over the primary ballcarrier role if injury strikes.
Pretty much agree with this. Gainwell isn't even a "handcuff" in the sense that he will get a huge workload increase with Sanders out. He will still have a nice role though.

As for Howard, I said "possibly" could get some work with Sanders out. But I'm guessing it's Scott/Gainwell close to 50/50.

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:05 am

MFundercover wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:13 pm Doubt it. Scott will probably pick up the extra work, and possibly Howard.
just out of curiosity, why do you think that the RB... 3? or 4? would jump the RB2 after the RB1 went down? They weren't really rushing anyway with sanders, so why would Scott get reps ? I could see an argument be made for Howard, he's a pure rusher. He could take the rushing workload, but I can't imagine Scott for some reason carves out a meaningful role out of that.

In any case, unless Gainwell has looked atrociously bad as a rusher in practice, I'd be stunned to see Scott benefit the most
They gave Gainwell a few carries after Sanders got hurt last Sunday. He proceeded to (1) run less effectively than Sanders, then (2) fumble. After that, Boston Scott took over the Sanders role and looked better doing it.

I’m not sure it’s right to call Gainwell the RB2. He’s the Nyheim Hines—yeah, usually the second most touches, but not taking over the primary ballcarrier role if injury strikes.
So Gainwell is only a Hines type player, and 5’6” Boston Scott is the better early down back? Huh. Also he rushed 7 times for 24 yards, he wasn’t that efficient. Point is we have not seen a game without sanders so we have no idea if Gainwell is Hines or can be something more than that.

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:32 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:02 pm watch Gainwell get 20+ rushes lol
Lol I guess it will be Scott, but now the Eagles decide to run the ball

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:38 am

Jetsfan06 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:05 am

So Gainwell is only a Hines type player, and 5’6” Boston Scott is the better early down back? Huh. Also he rushed 7 times for 24 yards, he wasn’t that efficient. Point is we have not seen a game without sanders so we have no idea if Gainwell is Hines or can be something more than that.
Scott had some carries inside the 10 last week bringing that average down, but watching the game, he looked a lot better rushing the ball. I agree it’s surprising given Scott’s size, but it is the case all the same. As expected, it’s been Scott getting the carries so far today.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:50 am

Is Gainwell even playing? I started him today over Scott. LOL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:06 am

This is comical. Sanders truthers throwing furniture right now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:50 am Is Gainwell even playing? I started him today over Scott. LOL.
I’ve seen him once so far—on a flea-flicker. So he briefly touched the ball, but didn’t record a stat.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:19 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:06 am This is comical. Sanders truthers throwing furniture right now.
Sirianni: I hate running the football.

*Sanders gets injured*

Sirianni: I LOVE running the football.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:06 am This is comical. Sanders truthers throwing furniture right now.
Yes, I am.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:08 pm

Context: Eagles started the season on death row playing from behind against Dallas, Tampa Bay, Kansas city, San Fran. Now the easy part of the schedule and the Eagles are able to run it. Bad timing, I really was expecting Sanders to rebound somewhat.

Also not surprised Howard played, hes better than people give him credit for.
Last edited by MFundercover on Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.