Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby abloom » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:29 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:55 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:43 pm I'll take the L on hyping him in the offseason, but to be fair I don't think anybody was predicting the usage to be quite this bad. I've never seen and NFL offense literally not run the ball. And as bad as Hurts looks, the coaching staff is even worse.
You and me both.

Sanders actually looked decent this past game. He had a run that looked so good I had go to "who was that" and was shocked to see it was Sanders. Why aren't they using him more?

Frustrating.
I had the same reaction.

To be fair I think the majority of this is not Sanders' direct fault. I think a lot of this is on the coaching staff and the QB. The staff isn't giving him the opportunities and the QB is not good enough to help Sanders. That being said if Sanders was a world beater you'd hope that the coaching staff would see that and feed him the ball more.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:57 am

I think people are confused in thinking the Eagles aren’t running the ball. They are. They are averaging 113.7 yards per game rushing, which puts them at 15/32 in the NFL.

PHI average more yards rushing per game than: WFT, LAC, CAR, SEA, DET, GB, CIN, LAR, NYG, TB. They average 40 yards more per game than PIT. They average just less than 1 yard less rushing per game than MIN and IND. There are an incredible number of good fantasy RBs that are producing on that list of teams.

The biggest difference between all of them and PHI? The running QB. Out of those 113 yards per game rushing, Hurts is averaging 50 of them. He’s also kept the ball in basically every running situation available in goal line. Here are the numbers so far:

Sanders 57 carries, 270 yards, 4.7 ypc, 0 TD

Hurts 53 carries, 300 yards, 5.7 ypc, 5 TD

And it isn’t like the Eagles are super unbalanced passing the ball either. They are dead center, tied for 16/32, in pass attempts per game, despite being down and playing from behind a lot. This isn’t an unbalanced offense, just Sanders is losing general rushing volume to Hurts and basically all goal line opportunities. Brutal.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:25 am

dondickenson wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:57 am I think people are confused in thinking the Eagles aren’t running the ball. They are. They are averaging 113.7 yards per game rushing, which puts them at 15/32 in the NFL.

PHI average more yards rushing per game than: WFT, LAC, CAR, SEA, DET, GB, CIN, LAR, NYG, TB. They average 40 yards more per game than PIT. They average just less than 1 yard less rushing per game than MIN and IND. There are an incredible number of good fantasy RBs that are producing on that list of teams.

The biggest difference between all of them and PHI? The running QB. Out of those 113 yards per game rushing, Hurts is averaging 50 of them. He’s also kept the ball in basically every running situation available in goal line. Here are the numbers so far:

And it isn’t like the Eagles are super unbalanced passing the ball either. They are dead center, tied for 16/32, in pass attempts per game, despite being down and playing from behind a lot. This isn’t an unbalanced offense, just Sanders is losing general rushing volume to Hurts and basically all goal line opportunities. Brutal.
that's a good point, the hard part for sanders is its gonna be tough for him to get TD's. Unless he's ripping off for 60 yard tugs, they're either throwing in Gainwell in the redzone, or Hurts Is just gonna keep it.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:19 pm

abloom wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:29 am That being said if Sanders was a world beater you'd hope that the coaching staff would see that and feed him the ball more.
Never overestimate the intelligence of football coaches.

Derrick Henry is an actual world beater. Two different coaching staffs failed to realize how talented Henry was and he was stuck in a RBBC for his first THREE seasons. First, Mike Mularkey had Henry split with DeMarco Murray getting a 3.5:1 advantage in touches. The second year Murray had a 1.5:1 advantage in touches. The third year, coach Vrabel had Henry in an even touch split with Dion Lewis. It wasn't until his fourth season that his coaches finally realized how great Henry was.

I don't have confidence the Philly coaches are smart enough to realize how helpful Sanders could be to the team and to Hurts' development if they'd only give him a proper chance.
Last edited by Anteaters on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Tre Tucker, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
IR: Mike Williams (WR), Joey Bosa (DL)
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:20 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:25 am
dondickenson wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:57 am I think people are confused in thinking the Eagles aren’t running the ball. They are. They are averaging 113.7 yards per game rushing, which puts them at 15/32 in the NFL.

that's a good point, the hard part for sanders is its gonna be tough for him to get TD's. Unless he's ripping off for 60 yard tugs, they're either throwing in Gainwell in the redzone, or Hurts Is just gonna keep it.
Yep scoring TDs was already not Sanders’ strong suit, and it has gotten worse playing with Hurts. Comparing him to guys from his draft class, Sanders has 12 total TDs in 34 games, Montgomery 20 TDs in 35 games, and Jacobs 22 TDs in 31 games. Jacobs has almost double the TDs scored per game than Sanders.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 pm

Nobody is confused. The Eagles are literally (not) using their running backs in an unprecedented manor.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:10 am

MFundercover wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 pm

Nobody is confused. The Eagles are literally (not) using their running backs in an unprecedented manor.
Synopsis perfection
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:31 am

Per PFF:

Miles Sanders has rushed for positive yards on 98.2% of his attempts this season

Highest rate among all RBs
16 team league

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:31 am Per PFF:

Miles Sanders has rushed for positive yards on 98.2% of his attempts this season

In a related stat, defenses are surprised that the eagles actually ran the ball on 98.2% of sanders' carries
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 am

abloom wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 am

In a related stat, defenses are surprised that the eagles actually ran the ball on 98.2% of sanders' carries
I know it's a joke, but there is a shred of truth to this.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:09 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 am

I'd say it's about 98.2% truthful

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 am

💯
16 team league

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:11 pm

I've watched most of their games, and this is NOT the result of RPO's (entirely). I don't have the numbers, but I'd guess at least half of Hurts' "carries" have come on actual scrambles, and most of them towards the end of the game. I'd be curious if anyone has a breakdown, but I bet ~30 or 35 of his carries are on designed pass-plays, with ~20 - 25 of those runs being in the 4th quarter.

Going into the TB game on TNF, PHI had called 87 designed pass plays to 11 run plays over the previous 2 weeks (saw this stat a week ago, so I think it's accurate, but could be off a play or two). And then PHI called up like 17 pass plays to 1 run play in the 1st half of that game. 104 pass plays to 12 run plays over the course of 2.5 games - that would be borderline insane even if P. Mahomes was your QB and you were on your 5th string RB!

As another poster put it, the Eagles are using their RBs at a rate I don't think we've ever seen before in the run game. And it's exponentially perplexing considering how effective Sanders has been as a runner, and how ineffective Hurts has been as a passer.

Not sure if I posted this earlier, but Sanders is T-2nd in the league in broken tackles, and 38th (!!!) in rushes in the league. That means 6 teams have multiple players with more rushes than Sanders, despite the fact that Sanders is averaging 4.7 ypc, breaking tackles at an elite rate, and Hurts is struggling as a passer.

Either Sirianni pulls his head out of his @$$ in the next month and gives Sanders more touches, or the city of Philadelphia will collectively march into his office and fire him.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:26 am

16 team league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:14 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:26 am A Sanders optimism thread:

https://twitter.com/AdamKoffler/status/ ... lXq1g&s=19
This reeks of a guy who bought in big in the off season. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick